Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Need BankDirect / Bask Bank Referral (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 26, 2014, 1:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
I need a BankDirect referral" thread
NOTE: This thread is for referral requests only, not offers.
Bask Bank
Bask has a referral program where the new account holder and the referrer each get 5,000 miles. The referrer can earn 25,000 maximum via referrals. Existing account holders can provide a referral link.

Archived Bank Direct offer below, no longer valid:
Bank Direct offers American Airline miles for an online bank account. Miles are available for an online Checking account ($12 per month) or a Money Market account (no monthly fee).

The "Refer A Friend" program allows existing AA earning account holders to refer somebody. Both the existing AND the new customer get an extra 1000 miles for the referral. The existing account holder must log in, choose "manage my account", then "refer a friend".

All that is needed for this referral is the new customers email address. Addresses may only be referred once, so if you sent an email to someone ages ago and they never opened an account, you cannot send another referral to that friend's same email address.

Here is the referral screen that the existing account holder will see:
BankDirect® has an exciting Refer-A-Friend program, and your friend wants you to be a part of it.

Your friend is already a customer of BankDirect, the Internet-only bank for customers that need to do their banking in a hurry. BankDirect® customers receive free online banking, free online bill payment, reimbursed ATMs (4 per statement cycle), the first order of checks free, and much more. Everything you need to put yourself in control of your finances and make your dollar stretch farther.

Here's how it works:

Just open a Mileage Checking with Interest or Mileage Money Market Account and as a new customer of BankDirect®, you'll earn 2,000 AAdvantage® miles (the regular 1,000 miles to open the account plus an additional 1,000 bonus miles for being referred by a customer). And your friend receives 1,000 AAdvantage® miles, too. It's that simple!

To be sure your friend receives proper credit; include his/her name and e-mail address on the online application. That's it! So, to apply now go to (link provided in referral email)! If you have any questions, please contact Client Support at 1.877.839.2737 or visit our web site at www.bankdirect.com.

We look forward to welcoming you as a BankDirect® customer

Regards,
Notes on the checking account bonus:
  • Earn 1,000 miles for being referred
  • Earn 10,000 miles for direct deposit
  • Earn 5,000 miles for using bill pay
  • Earn 5,000 miles for using your BankDirect Visa CheckCard
  • Earn 100 miles per month for every $1k average daily balance up to $50k (above $50k earn 25 per $1k).

That's at least 21,000 miles!
  • Another nice feature is you get 4 reimbursed ATM fees up to $2.50 each.
  • Miles post around the 3rd or 4th of each month. Bonus miles post the month after you meet the terms (for me at least).
  • Note that the direct deposit must be $2000 per month for 6 months to earn the bonus.
  • If you want to keep your account active without thinking about it, set up a recurring payment of $1 to some credit card.
Print Wikipost

Need BankDirect / Bask Bank Referral (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2010, 5:42 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, Marriott LT PLT
Originally Posted by slippahs
Looking for a referral myself. Anyone?
PM Sent! Woohoo, my first one.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 6:12 pm

anyone needs a referal let me know.. i would like to earn a few extra myself..

my aim is gezzuzz for fastest response
Old Jan 3, 2010, 6:21 pm

Programs: AA, UA, NWA, SPG, HH
I just sent you one. BankDirect has terrific customer service!
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:31 pm

quick tatal newbie question: how does one decide if the lost potential interest is worth the miles? say a person deposits 10k into this bank and gets 100*10*12 miles in return = 12k miles. same deposit in some other bank paying around 1.5% (top rate on bankrate.com) = $150. so is 12k miles really worth $150? another twist - the $150 is taxable, miles arent
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by paspa
quick tatal newbie question: how does one decide if the lost potential interest is worth the miles? say a person deposits 10k into this bank and gets 100*10*12 miles in return = 12k miles. same deposit in some other bank paying around 1.5% (top rate on bankrate.com) = $150. so is 12k miles really worth $150? another twist - the $150 is taxable, miles arent
Really depends on what you end up using the miles for. Case in point, With about a 8.3k deposit, I can knock out about 10k AA miles yearly, which can then be redeemed for an interisland hop. I suspect that with the exit of Mokulele as a carrier in the interisland market, interisland prices will go up from the $130-$150 range that they're in now. Course, add in the booking fee and that gets chopped down a bit, but I'd call it about even on the return with the current interest rates. Save up for a premium award and the return would be significantly higher. Add in the convenience factor of the account as well--no fee ATM withdrawals is a big plus for me. That's how I see it at least.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:50 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk!

There's been some discussion of the value of miles versus cash in bank accounts:

Read posts 13 and on in the following thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...t-legit-2.html

And here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ill-worth.html
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA, HH & Marriott
I don't see a thread on what BankDirect is on the front page. Do I have to sign up for BankDirect to get the points/miles?
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by F23Coupe
I don't see a thread on what BankDirect is on the front page. Do I have to sign up for BankDirect to get the points/miles?
BankDirect is a bank. It's the online division of Texas Capital Bank. You can open a checking account and other products, which can earn you miles. If someone refers you, both parties receive an extra 1000 miles. You can do all of this online and by mail.

http://www.bankdirect.com

Some of the bonuses include:
* 1000 miles for opening the account
* 1000 for being referred
* 5000 for direct deposit
* 2000 for using bill pay for 12 months.

That's 9000 bonus miles alone.

Plus each month, earn 100 miles per $1000 balance.

I, and others here, can give you a referral. Just send your name and email address via PM.

Last edited by rrgg; Jan 3, 2010 at 9:07 pm
Old Jan 3, 2010, 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by F23Coupe
All you need to do is send an email address to a referrer. On the sign-up, you enter in referring email and name.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 9:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
I'll take a referral from someone who wants the bonus.

Thanks.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by Jack Burton
I'll take a referral from someone who wants the bonus.

Thanks.
you've got PM
Old Jan 3, 2010, 9:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold; AA Lfe Time PLT ; Marriott Titanium, LFT GLD
Need a refferal

Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2010, 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by nonesuch flyer
Need a refferal

Thanks
You've got PM!
Old Jan 3, 2010, 10:39 pm

I have my bank direct account set up and would like you get some referal bonuses.. Im getting married this year.. in need 42500 miles for my fiance plane ticket.. im short about 2000 miles.. this plane ticket cost $3000.00.. anyone in need of a referal and would like to help me out PM me.. thanks

Last edited by gezzuzz; Jan 3, 2010 at 10:52 pm
Old Jan 3, 2010, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by gezzuzz
Im getting married this year.. in need 42500 miles for my fiance plane ticket.. im short about 2000 miles.. this plane ticket cost $3000.00.. anyone in need of a referal and would like to help me out PM me.. thanks
You've got PM, but cross your fingers for getting an award ticket for a specific flight, let alone a specific week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.