Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Airport Upgrade and Standby Priority List (“PALL”) Order (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Airport Upgrade and Standby Priority List (“PALL”) Order (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: AC Aeroplan
Like this http://www.shortarmguy.com/HoustonStandby03.jpg
Old Jun 13, 2012, 4:52 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AC*AP*FQTV
Exactly like the ordered-by-priority name box, using the same LLL/F format. The rest of the information (claimed, unclaimed) is not there for AA.

Cheers.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Couldn't find an image of the AA display, but both the upgrade and standby lists look almost the same as this one from Lufthansa: http://theatlasdiaries.files.wordpre...1328.jpg?w=535
Old Jun 13, 2012, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe CO started this. They were definitely among the first to publish it on the web (including app).
Old Jun 14, 2012, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by hillrider
I believe CO started this. They were definitely among the first to publish it on the web (including app).
Also heard that, so pics of CO's version, please...
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:39 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
10 seconds on google revealed this article...

http://www.iphonejd.com/iphone_jd/20...-airlines.html
Old Jun 14, 2012, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Why?

That's a bit arrogant; if you can't do it yourself, then go to https://www.odesk.com

Old Jun 16, 2012, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by hillrider
Why?

That's a bit arrogant; if you can't do it yourself, then go to https://www.odesk.com

Not been travelling much as wife is battling cancer.
Old Jun 24, 2012, 2:11 pm

Not been travelling much as wife is battling cancer.
Positive karma to her!
Old Jun 24, 2012, 2:15 pm

This seems like the best thread to ask two questions I've been wondering about.

1. If one is booked on a multi-leg Z redemption but one of the flights does not have Z availability and is therefore booked into U, can the passenger be placed on a standby and/or upgrade list to Z? If so, what would be the best way to go about doing this?

2. How are other oneworld elites tagged in AA's system? Would they fit into the 1/2/3 buckets if emerald/sapphire/ruby, or is there a different tag for non-AA oneworld? Or (let's hope not) would they clear with all the other non-status passengers?

Very informative thread, thanks for all the effort!
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Glob, MR Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Today, I tried to check in online for my flight tomorrow morning as soon as the check in opened. Unfortunately, the aa.com was misbehaving and I had to call EXP desk for assistance. They passed me to aa.com support person, who couldn't help me either and said I'd just have to check in at the airport.

Now, I always try to check in as early as possible to get better chances of an upgrade, since AA uses time of check in as one part of the sorting order. But the aa.com support person said that it actually goes by the time when the upgrade request was made. Is this a new thing or is it just for EXPs?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:54 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andreiz
Today, I tried to check in online for my flight tomorrow morning as soon as the check in opened. Unfortunately, the aa.com was misbehaving and I had to call EXP desk for assistance. They passed me to aa.com support person, who couldn't help me either and said I'd just have to check in at the airport.

Now, I always try to check in as early as possible to get better chances of an upgrade, since AA uses time of check in as one part of the sorting order. But the aa.com support person said that it actually goes by the time when the upgrade request was made. Is this a new thing or is it just for EXPs?
Is this for domestic "sticker" upgrades or international upgrades?

If for sticker upgrades, it is not new, applies to everyone, and is well-documented in the FAQ. In fact, it's been that way quite a while before you joined FT.

If it is for international instruments, then the AA rep was incorrect as that still does go by check-in time.

Cheers.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by brp
If for sticker upgrades, it is not new, applies to everyone, and is well-documented in the FAQ. In fact, it's been that way quite a while before you joined FT.
It's for EXP complimentary domestic upgrades, which I assume are treated as sticker ones?
Old Jul 7, 2012, 7:59 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by andreiz
It's for EXP complimentary domestic upgrades, which I assume are treated as sticker ones?
Yup. Hasn't been check-in time for over two years.

Cheers.
Old Jul 7, 2012, 8:01 am

Nice. I can stop waking up early to check in, then. Could you point me to the FAQ you mentioned?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.