Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Airport Upgrade and Standby Priority List (“PALL”) Order (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: Airport Upgrade and Standby Priority List (“PALL”) Order (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
Let me rephrase: why offer vouchers to put pax on a later flight, to open up a seat for me--a standby?
If they only needed one seat and a party of two or more travelling together volunteered, it would make sense to give the vouchers to the volunteers rather than deal with IDB. This would make the extra seats available to standbys like yourself.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by danosu77
Often they will board FIRST, EXP, PLT as separate groups since they often have 20+ EXP on a single flight.
Since (at least in theory) FIRST boards as a separate group, may I assume you are saying you have seen EXP boarded separately from PLT? And you believe this was done because there were 20+ EXPs on the flight?

Originally Posted by danosu77
If 1 or 2 flights are disrupted, it is very conceivable to have that many EXP's on a standby list.
Sure it's conceivable that 46+ EXPS could end up on a given standby list, but I don't believe it's routine... even at LGA.

Originally Posted by nrr
I was flying on 7/25/08 flt 750 dfw-lga, on arrival (from msy) i saw that my flt was cancelled.
This is weird. I just checked to see if I could decipher why your flight was canceled. flightaware.com says that AA Flt #750 on July 25 was diverted to JFK, but it doesn't mention anything about a cancellation. Strange, huh?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
It's only too bad the OP didn't have a direct phone number to the gate; all of his problems could have been avoided.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:42 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA platinum; 2MM AA, Delta Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma

This is weird. I just checked to see if I could decipher why your flight was canceled. flightaware.com says that AA Flt #750 on July 25 was diverted to JFK, but it doesn't mention anything about a cancellation. Strange, huh?
I was scheduled to travel on #750 dep from dfw to lga on 7/25 at 6:10 pm, on the monitor (and a phone message from aa) stated that it was cancelled. [how did it get diverted to jfk, if it never left dfw?] There was also a dfw to jfk flight that was showing cancelled. There may have been other cancellations earlier in the day (no longer showing on the monitor), since there were thunderstorms in the nyc area. The two cancellations alone would account for over 250 people, making the standby lists for all (but one) of the remaining flights going to 100+.
PS: i just checked aa.com, and it shows 750 as cancelled.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:49 pm
Original Member

Location: Los Angeles, CA - Nearly 4 Million Actual Miles Flown
Originally Posted by nrr
What are the rules for standby order? Are they officially stated on aa.com?
Didn't you search? Why are you asking us to?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
[how did it get diverted to jfk, if it never left dfw?]
It's probably me just reading something incorrectly, but fwiw this is what I found. (I'm not doubting you, btw, I just find this curious.)

AAL750
25-Jul-2008 B738/Q Dallas/Fort Worth Intl (KDFW) La Guardia (KLGA) 06:25PM CDT Diverted

AAL750
Aircraft Boeing 737-800 (twin-jet) (B738/Q)
Origin Dallas/Fort Worth Intl (KDFW)
Destination John F Kennedy Intl (KJFK)
Date Friday, Jul 25, 2008
Duration 3 hours 0 minutes
Scheduled Actual/Estimated
Departure 06:10PM CDT 06:25PM CDT
Arrival 10:11PM EDT 10:25PM EDT
Altitude 39000 feet

Originally Posted by nrr
How do you check for a cancellation from days past on aa.com? I need to learn that trick.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:57 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeffreyt
Didn't you search? Why are you asking us to?
I did search aa.com, and nothing relevant came up (at least with how olci is ranked)--but on aa.com you sometimes find outdated info, as one does here on ft.
There are many times when i have read here on ft "facts" which were refuted by aa exp desk agents...who do i believe?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 6:59 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
Originally Posted by Blumie
It's only too bad the OP didn't have a direct phone number to the gate; all of his problems could have been avoided.
nice. maybe we could merge the threads.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:03 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How do you check for a cancellation from days past on aa.com? I need to learn that trick.
One day back "yesterday" is an option for tracking a flight on aa.com.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat 1MM, IC RA, HH Gold
Originally Posted by nrr
Another option is aacargo.com where you can check for flight status up to one week back!
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:09 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Historical Flight Report Results
Flight: (AA) American Airlines 750
Date: Jul 27, 2008
Duration: 3h 30m
Equipment: 738

This site can track flight info, at least a year back.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
Originally Posted by nrr
Yes, I know about the "yesterday" option. I was just wondering how to view prior to yesterday on aa.com.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by nrr
I was flying on 7/25/08 flt 750 dfw-lga, on arrival (from msy) i saw that my flt was cancelled.
Originally Posted by nrr
Historical Flight Report Results
Flight: (AA) American Airlines 750
Date: Jul 27, 2008
Duration: 3h 30m
Equipment: 738

This site can track flight info, at least a year back.
I believe I may have discovered the reason for my confusion.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 8:10 pm
nrr
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe I may have discovered the reason for my confusion.
I think i should have said "i was scheduled to fly on 750...", i couldn't be flying on a cancelled flight, as my original statement implies,--but in any event 750 was cancelled. [how did it get diverted to jfk?]
There was a flight from dfw to jfk which was also cancelled, departing within an hour of 750.
I re-read my post--yes the fly date was 7/27/08

Last edited by nrr; Jul 28, 2008 at 8:43 pm
Old Jul 28, 2008, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Check in time still matters for standby , both voluntary and involuntary.

The PALL list for the flight that the OP got on had 86 passengers on it , so while he may have been number 46 on the list, does not mean he was number 46 for a seat. There were only 3 actual voluntary standby passengers on the list.

On this particular flight, passengers 1-10 were OS , passengers 11 and 12 were the two volunteers, passengers 13 through 52 were listed for an upgrade , passengers 53 -62 were revenue interupted passengers , passengers 63 -65 were revenue voluntary passengers. Everyone else on the list was a non rev and didnt make it on the flight except some jump seaters.

On this particular list, the OP ended up as number 53 on the list, but was the number one passenger on the interupted standbys due to his elite and through status, so he got the seat and the others didnt .

Out of the the other revenue interupted passengers , they were all listed by check in time, even if it was the check in time from the day before.

As for the volunteers, they did have two but didnt need them as there must have been some no shows or misconnects .

Last edited by jrhone; Jul 28, 2008 at 9:15 pm Reason: correcting numbers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.