Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage and Admirals Club baggage / luggage tags availability (consolidated)

Hide Wikipost
Old Oct 30, 17, 2:37 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: JDiver
Wiki Link
AAdvantage and Admirals Club Baggage Tags

Baggage tags are sent to:

Executive Platinum members upon qualifying or requalifying (2)

AAdvantage members who achieve the 1 Million Miles (2) threshold and each 1 MM after that.

AAdvantage members are not offered opportunities to buy AA baggage tags

Some Admirals Club members have reported receiving two baggage tags as of Jul-Aug 2016. Previously, they had been discontinued; AA personalized luggage tags are no longer available on order via the aa.com website or at Admirals Clubs. (However, in post #251, made 28 Jul 2016, NYCommuter states s/he received two tags.)

We are not sure yet whether these are sent only to new members, or also renewing members, direct or Citi Executive members.

Q: Where can I purchase AAdvantage® or Admirals Club® personalized luggage tags?

A. Q: Where can I purchase AAdvantage® or Admirals Club® personalized luggage tags?
A: Admirals Club® personalized luggage tags are available for purchase at Admirals Club® locations. The Purchase of personalized AAdvantage® luggage tags has been discontinued as of December 20, 2012. Link to Admirals Club and Luggage Tags FAQ

obsolete language struck through
PERSONALIZED LUGGAGE TAGS

As of December 31, 2014, we have discontinued the purchase of personalized luggage tags at Admirals Club® locations. Link
American Airlines logo (holders for your card or insert) luggage tags (and other memorabilia) are available from the AA C. R. Smith Museum store: http://store.crsmithmuseum.org/store...ge-Tags/<br />
Another resource for various luggage tags, AA logo apparel, TravelPro rolling luggage etc. Is the AA DFW Employee Store, located at the lowest numbered gate in DFW Terminal C, or you can visit the store online here: http://thedfwemployeestore.com. Their embroidered luggage tags may be seen here: http://www.airlineemployeeshop.com/category_s/2104.htm
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 24, 06, 11:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, *wood Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hertz President Circle

I hit gold and platinum in the same week on AA on a challenge and received both my membership cards a few weeks later. I didn't get luggage tags with either membership cards? Who do I call about this?

Also, can I put my platinum luggage tags (assuming AA sends them to me) on my bags on my CX flight? will it help?
Old Jan 24, 06, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
PLT no longer recieves luggage tags. AA only sends them to EXPs and million milers. AFAIK it is not even possible to buy them.
Old Jan 24, 06, 11:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Hemloxz3
I hit gold and platinum in the same week on AA on a challenge and received both my membership cards a few weeks later. I didn't get luggage tags with either membership cards? Who do I call about this?
Right now, nobody-- Plats don't get tags. Soon though, maybe points.com (have your credit card handy).....
Old Jan 24, 06, 12:00 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome, Hemloxz3, and a double congratulations.

Currently, luggage tags come with EXP, Admirals Club membership (and you can buy more of those, if you like,) or making 1M / 2M / 3M etc. miles ever earned form any source each increment of one million miles.
Old Jan 24, 06, 12:13 pm

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Or if you use search you can find a .jpg from a previous posting and print your own off! And make them what ever size you want!

Tho you need a color printer and a laminator .. while the AA tags (as described above) are cheap plastic and very prone to breakage.
Old Oct 23, 06, 9:59 am
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rumor has it JonNYC was right (was there any doubt?) and they'll be for sale very soon....
Old Oct 23, 06, 10:03 am

Programs: AA-plt
In regards to the original post, is there any benefit from being enrolled in both gld & plt challenge at the same time?
Old Oct 23, 06, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by loudgonzo
In regards to the original post, is there any benefit from being enrolled in both gld & plt challenge at the same time?
If AA allows you to do it (and that is the big if, since it's technically not allowed), it allows someone to have GLD for half of the time they're going for PLT, meaning more benefits and miles faster.

There is quite a bit of discussion regarding the so-called "double challenge" in the challenge sticky.

Mike
Old Oct 23, 06, 10:08 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, TAP, Mexico, Technical Support and Feedback, and The Suggestion Box

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
... though we may choke at the price! (Current Admirals Club policy = $10 per tag, nimimum order two tags.)

Originally Posted by HNL
Rumor has it JonNYC was right (was there any doubt?) and they'll be for sale very soon....
Also, I never put those tags on my checked in luggage (and I will do so even less - if that were possible - than never after watching CNBC!) fearing they will 1) be torn off in the luggage sorting process, or 2) my bags will be diverted by upset baggage loaders (e.g. JFK.) Carry-ons, yes, I do use my tag for those, as it's a easy way to identify them (and retrieve them if necessary) without putting any personal data on a bag tag other than the name and FFN imprinted on them.
Old Oct 23, 06, 10:12 am

Programs: AA-plt
Originally Posted by nako
If AA allows you to do it (and that is the big if, since it's technically not allowed), it allows someone to have GLD for half of the time they're going for PLT, meaning more benefits and miles faster.

Mike
Well, I am enrolled in both right now, it went like this....
Called to enroll for Gold, plans changed, called and signed up for Platinum, they said OK. Plans changed again, now I will not fly enough to make Plt, called to "downgrade" me to Gold, agent told me I was signed up for both Gld AND Plt, and they could not change start dates or delete any of the challenges. So now I will make Gold during the 90 window, but will fail to make Plt before 90 days expire.
Old Oct 23, 06, 11:02 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by JDiver
Carry-ons, yes, I do use my tag for those ...
Yep, the baggage-handling machines just love to eat luggage tags. That's why EXP tags go on carry-on luggage only. Besides, what better way to flaunt status? It requires a minimum of two luggage tags, mounted back to back. That way, people can see the status-tag no matter which way it happens to flip-flop.
Old Oct 23, 06, 11:36 am

Programs: AA PLAT 3.8mm, DL gold
I'm about 50,000 miles from hitting the 2 million lifetime miles on AA. Am I to understand that AA does not give luggage tags for reaching this milestone? For some reason I seem to remember that they do (or did).
Old Oct 23, 06, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by chiproos
I'm about 50,000 miles from hitting the 2 million lifetime miles on AA. Am I to understand that AA does not give luggage tags for reaching this milestone? For some reason I seem to remember that they do (or did).
Yes, you will. As noted previously in this thread, AA only sends them to EXPs and those who hit the million-mile thresholds - not to regular GLD/PLT qualifiers.

Mike
Old Oct 23, 06, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS

Also, can I put my platinum luggage tags (assuming AA sends them to me) on my bags on my CX flight? will it help?
I'm pretty sure CX will let you fly with AA luggage tags.....
Old Oct 23, 06, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Admirals, PC Plat Ambassidor, CO PLT, UA Premiere Executive, Boycotting: Hilton, Delta, NWA,

Actually,

The new 25th anniversary promotion allows you to pick luggage tags as an option if you meet the requirements, in any class. That is if you'd rather get those than take the 500 mile upgrades or whatever.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: