Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage and Admirals Club baggage / luggage tags availability (consolidated)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
AAdvantage and Admirals Club Baggage Tags

Baggage tags are sent to:

Executive Platinum members upon qualifying or requalifying (2)

AAdvantage members who achieve the 1 Million Miles (2) threshold and each 1 MM after that.

AAdvantage members are not offered opportunities to buy AA baggage tags

Some Admirals Club members have reported receiving two baggage tags as of Jul-Aug 2016. Previously, they had been discontinued; AA personalized luggage tags are no longer available on order via the aa.com website or at Admirals Clubs. (However, in post #251, made 28 Jul 2016, NYCommuter states s/he received two tags.)

We are not sure yet whether these are sent only to new members, or also renewing members, direct or Citi Executive members.

Q: Where can I purchase AAdvantageź or Admirals Clubź personalized luggage tags?

A. Q: Where can I purchase AAdvantageź or Admirals Clubź personalized luggage tags?
A: Admirals Clubź personalized luggage tags are available for purchase at Admirals Clubź locations. The Purchase of personalized AAdvantageź luggage tags has been discontinued as of December 20, 2012. Link to Admirals Club and Luggage Tags FAQ

obsolete language struck through
PERSONALIZED LUGGAGE TAGS

As of December 31, 2014, we have discontinued the purchase of personalized luggage tags at Admirals Clubź locations. Link
American Airlines logo (holders for your card or insert) luggage tags (and other memorabilia) are available from the AA C. R. Smith Museum store: http://store.crsmithmuseum.org/store...ge-Tags/<br />
Another resource for various luggage tags, AA logo apparel, TravelPro rolling luggage etc. Is the AA DFW Employee Store, located at the lowest numbered gate in DFW Terminal C, or you can visit the store online here: http://thedfwemployeestore.com. Their embroidered luggage tags may be seen here: http://www.airlineemployeeshop.com/category_s/2104.htm
Print Wikipost

AAdvantage and Admirals Club baggage / luggage tags availability (consolidated)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2006, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2 MM
Originally Posted by jmplatinum
It's humorous to me that you read every single post that is ever written on this forum and go to such extremes all the time to point it out to others.
I appreciate when others post links to recent threads related to the topic at hand. I've never really thought of it as funny ha-ha or funny strange, just funny helpful. YMMV.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I wonder why AA is letting anyone order the AC tags? Why not restrict it to people with a current membership only?
Old Nov 9, 2006, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by ESpen36
I wonder why AA is letting anyone order the AC tags? Why not restrict it to people with a current membership only?
My guess is because they earn a tidy profit. I don't see the harm as it's not as if the tags are good for admittance anywhere.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
My guess is that they don't have a simple way for the 3rd party site to verify AC membership.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 4:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by kebosabi
It is an extra incentive for people like me though.

hole punched old PLT card > $20 luggage tags

versus

$20 luggage tags with some miles attached ? hole punched old PLT card

Well...maybe.

Some people prefer not to have their AAdvantage number visible for the world to see.

Furthermore, the card has an expiration date on it, so somebody looking might think that you are showing off status that you don't have anymore.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 5:25 pm

so somebody looking might think that you are showing off status that you don't have anymore.
Or that you are pining for what used to be.
Old Nov 9, 2006, 6:02 pm

Programs: AA PlatPro - 1mm, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Weenie
Haha, I'd love to see someone with a displaying their gold status with a luggage tag. I bet they'll even get the higher service level they deserve for such an accomplishment.

I think that my girlfriend would love to display gold status luggage tags. She wouldn't expect anything in return and doesn't care what people think. She just enjoys being gold.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 2:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
AA luggage tags NOW AVAILABLE !!

Hey folks !

All our nice "self-made" tags can be sent to retirement.

AA rolled out the Luggage Tag service for 20$ a set (2 tags). ^

Details: https://commerce.points.com/luggagetags/

The tags are available for non-elites in AA or AdmiralsClub design as well as elite editions GLS, PLT, EXP !

But: Only to U.S. and Canada addresses

This topic has been discussed many times here on FT and probably thats the result. Well done ^

Cheers

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Nov 16, 2006 at 2:44 am
Old Nov 16, 2006, 2:44 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Hey folks !

All our nice "self-made" tags can be sent to retirement.

AA rolled out the Luggage Tag service for 20$ a set (2 tags). ^

Details: https://commerce.points.com/luggagetags/

The tags are available for non-elites in AA or AdmiralsClub design as well as elite editions GLS, PLT, EXP !

But: Only to U.S. and Canada addresses

This topic has been discussed many times here on FT ad probably thats the result. Well done ^

Cheers

I always wondered why AA did not do this long time ago for non-elites or anybody that wanted one, but???

that said, I'm not sure I understand the concept.

Does that mean EXPs have to purchase the tags now? I always got 2 free every year since I was EXP and no way in hell I'm paying for the tags after flying AA to the tune of 130K miles this year.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 2:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
For EXPŽs it seems pretty useless except someone needs additional tags for family or whatever...

But dont be surprised if they changed their policys !

I even dont know if this is just a temporary offer ! It says that the provider of the tags is points.com not AA.
Old Nov 16, 2006, 3:05 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
For 20 bucks....I'll pass!
Old Nov 16, 2006, 3:26 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
More profit enhancement....

These things probably cost $0.20 per set once the set up costs are amortized. But how many pairs will be ordered?

This T&C amused me:

"AAdvantage elite status luggage tags may only be ordered by customers holding the corresponding elite status level."

They must have been thinking of some of our not so distinguished FT colleagues....

Is there a doctor in the house?
Old Nov 16, 2006, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
"AAdvantage elite status luggage tags may only be ordered by customers holding the corresponding elite status level."

They must have been thinking of some of our not so distinguished FT colleagues....

Is there a doctor in the house?
When you log-in the system gives you automatically the tag order form belonging to your status. No way to get another set, so why do they mention it

You can even choose the AC tags if you prefer black (the Centurion Style ).

Last edited by skywalkerLAX; Nov 16, 2006 at 5:28 am
Old Nov 16, 2006, 5:52 am

Location: MSP (and will only fly NWA in re-routes if I HAVE to)
Programs: AA EXP (4.5MM), hotel programs as needed
Um .. this has been discussed before ... and only 7 days ago ..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...t=luggage+tags

But then again the other 5 people who have responded did not suggest the OP search .. or refer back to the older posting .. guess this is the newer and nicer FT forum mode!
Old Nov 16, 2006, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JGR01
Um .. this has been discussed before ... and only 7 days ago ..

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...t=luggage+tags

But then again the other 5 people who have responded did not suggest the OP search .. or refer back to the older posting .. guess this is the newer and nicer FT forum mode!
Though I recieved the info today with AAirmail I thought these were "news"

IŽll have a look at the other thread !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.