Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Guide: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club & oneworld Airline Lounges

Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Please edit or add information to this wiki as necessary.

GRU São Paulo Guarulhos International Airport
Admirals Club and other lounges contracted by oneworld partner airlines

Link to GRU airport information on aa.com
Link to GRU website (English)
Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool
Link to GRU Admirals Club page on aa.com

GRU T-3 Admirals Club
Access: Accessible to those qualifying passengers departing on AA marketed and operated flight.
Amenities:
  • USB and AC power at seats (need plug adapter to use AC)
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Business Center
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Self-service hot and cold food, variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages
  • Children's Room
  • Flat screen televisions
  • Two shower suites with amenities
  • Telephones
Link to photos by Mestre das Milhas (Brasil).
Link to article with extensive photos

LATAM VIP lounge
Access: Eligible passengers departing on British Airways or Iberia flights
Hours: For current hours and further information, please see here.
Amenities:
"Notes: LATAM Airlines Group's first joint VIP lounge, offering abundant natural light and an unparalleled view of the airport. In addition to an entertainment room with individual tablets, video games and wi-fi connection throughout, the lounge is separated into various sections, each with its own ambiance. All seating is equipped with power sockets and USB ports, thus enabling customers to remain connected at all times. For those who prefer to relax, the lounge offers exclusive shower rooms and bathing products with scents of tropical Brazilian fruits. The buffet of hot and cold dishes is nearly 30 meters long and offers a wide selection of culinary options. Customers can also choose from a wide variety of premium beverages or relax with a draft beer at the bar."

Executive Lounge GRU Airport Operated by a third party.
Access: Eligible passengers departing on Qatar Airways flights
Opening hours: Daily: 07:00-02:30
Amenities:
  • Free Wifi
  • Food and Beverages
  • Showers
  • Wheelchair access
  • Television

Older and obsolete posts regarding the old GRU AA lounge facility have been archived; they can be read at: ARCHIVE: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club (consolidated)

Special Information: U.S. Citizens: You must obtain your Brazilian visa in advance from the Brazilian Embassy or consulate nearest to your place of residence in the United States. Visas cannot be obtained at the airport, and immigration authorities will refuse entry into Brazil to anyone not possessing a valid visa. (This is waived for a time period about the Olympic Games.)

For visas, you may use a visa service in the city with the Brazilian Consulate serving your geographical area. To submit documents and interview for a visa, you can only use the Brazilian Consulate with jurisdiction serving the area where you live. Each Consulate may have different requirements and time frames for securing your visa; check the requirements of the Consulate having jurisdiction over where you live. You will not be allowed to apply at any other Consulate than the one with jurisdiction.

List of Brazilian Consulates in the U.S.A. with links to their sites. Note, some may not work.
Print Wikipost

Guide: GRU / Sao Paulo Admirals Club & oneworld Airline Lounges

Old Apr 18, 2016, 11:24 am
HMO

Originally Posted by george 3
fechuado
I believe you want to say "feijoada". It already have several kinds of pork meats & sausages, mixed with black beans.

Delicious!
Old Apr 19, 2016, 5:32 am

Programs: AA
The only thing entertaining about last evening's visit to the GRU Admiral's Club was to watch the "Votacao" - the lower house impeachment vote. The food offered was not minimally awful, just minimal and awful. I stuck with peanuts, suco da uva (grape juice) and "voto sim!" I don't understand why AA can't put out some steamed rice, fechuado, and vinagarette (Brazilian staples) with some meat or chicken.
I visited the AC and TAM club on Saturday and can confirm that hot cooked food was available for most of the time I was there (most of the afternoon and early evening). The offerings included a beef stew, chicken curry, rice, pasta, pasta sauce and mini quiche, there was also cold buffet style offerings. My favourite was the mini chilli with cheese topping mmmmm.

The TAM lounge looked a little more up market than the AC lounge, I didn't bother with the food. What I did notice they had a sleeping area with single beds, if only I knew that earlier in the day.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by HMO
I believe you want to say "feijoada". It already have several kinds of pork meats & sausages, mixed with black beans.

Delicious!
I can say it, but I can't convert it over to Brazilian Portuguese on my work station - thanks for the correction. ^

And you are right, it's great - my daughter in-law is a fab cook, and my son a great barbecue man.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 8:02 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by steviewire
I visited the AC and TAM club on Saturday and can confirm that hot cooked food was available for most of the time I was there (most of the afternoon and early evening). The offerings included a beef stew, chicken curry, rice, pasta, pasta sauce and mini quiche, there was also cold buffet style offerings. My favourite was the mini chilli with cheese topping mmmmm.

The TAM lounge looked a little more up market than the AC lounge, I didn't bother with the food. What I did notice they had a sleeping area with single beds, if only I knew that earlier in the day.
I may have missed the better hot food. They had some sandwiches, and I was really looking forward to the above (spelling as corrected). I'm glad we had a barbecue before my wife and I left.
Old Apr 19, 2016, 2:31 pm

Programs: AA
I may have missed the better hot food. They had some sandwiches, and I was really looking forward to the above (spelling as corrected). I'm glad we had a barbecue before my wife and I left.
Got ya. For info if you visit again the hot food selection was in the far left hand side of the lounge.
Old Apr 20, 2016, 12:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I've been there a few times with the hot food, you are not missing much, it pretty bad. The only decent thing was the cheese bread.

Old May 1, 2016, 6:04 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Reading conflicting bits on this thread...

Some posts say AA EXP have access to TAM/LAN lounge if they are flying OW. However the sticky quite specifically says Iberia, LAN or TAM.

So what is it? Does AA BP mean AC only or TAM/LAN access is allowed as well?
Old May 1, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Reading conflicting bits on this thread...

Some posts say AA EXP have access to TAM/LAN lounge if they are flying OW. However the sticky quite specifically says Iberia, LAN or TAM.

So what is it? Does AA BP mean AC only or TAM/LAN access is allowed as well?
You are allowed to hop between them all you like. Although I tend to spend more time in the AC, which I consider one of the best in the system and the best at the airport. The TAM lounge is stylish and spacious with great views, but the food is not up to much at any hour of the day. Don't even think of going there if you fancy a drink before lunchtime.
Old May 1, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
You are allowed to hop between them all you like. Although I tend to spend more time in the AC, which I consider one of the best in the system and the best at the airport. The TAM lounge is stylish and spacious with great views, but the food is not up to much at any hour of the day. Don't even think of going there if you fancy a drink before lunchtime.
Thanks.

FWIW, I don't think AC GRU has that great food options either. Lack of windows doesn't help either. I visited AC at GIG last year and found food options to be subpar at best.

AA is bringing up their game with onboard F&B. When will international AC get it together?
Old May 1, 2016, 7:38 pm

Programs: AA 4MM EXP; Starwood Lifetime Plt
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Thanks.

AA is bringing up their game with onboard F&B. When will international AC get it together?

+1 !!!
Old May 1, 2016, 8:52 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
EXP here, planning to make my first GRU transit next month.

I'll be arriving from DFW (hopefully in J) on AA, and connecting to JJ (in Y) to GIG. Connection is 3-4 hours.

Will I be able to take a shower? Where is the best place and how do I get there?

Thanks!
Old May 1, 2016, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by discoverCSG

I'll be arriving from DFW (hopefully in J) on AA, and connecting to JJ (in Y) to GIG. Connection is 3-4 hours.

Will I be able to take a shower? Where is the best place and how do I get there?

Thanks!

So you will be arriving at T3 and will have to collect your luggage and recheck-it. Both OW lounges have good showers, but you won't be able to use them since you will have to go to T2 to take the domestic leg.
If you want to take a shower, it would be better for you to go the T2 arrivals and look for Slaviero's Fast Sleep. They charge 30 to 40 reais for it (I think).
Old May 1, 2016, 11:56 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by discoverCSG

Thanks!
I've done AA international to GRU with connection to TAM domestic and it pretty much sucks. No lounge you can use. Get your bags and recheck them (take a left after you leave customs and look for the TAM counter). The lower level (T-2 I think) has a decent bathroom next to domestic arrivals where you can clean up a bit and change clothes. There's a number of places to eat and drink before security and a couple after.
Old May 2, 2016, 6:19 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by geoshina
So you will be arriving at T3 and will have to collect your luggage and recheck-it. Both OW lounges have good showers, but you won't be able to use them since you will have to go to T2 to take the domestic leg.
If you want to take a shower, it would be better for you to go the T2 arrivals and look for Slaviero's Fast Sleep. They charge 30 to 40 reais for it (I think).
Thanks for the tip - while lounge access would be ideal, this doesn't seem like an unreasonable price to pay at all.

I'm not sure yet whether I'll have checked luggage. If I don't, how do I get from T3 International Arrivals to Slaviero's Fast Sleep?
Old May 2, 2016, 6:21 am

Yes you can access both lounges as an EP. When the AA lounge first opened at GRU, the food and drinks were not up to par with the TAM louden, so I continued using the TAM lounge until last month, when I thought I would give the AA lounge another chance. To my surprise, the AA lounge food offerings were actually better than TAM's. Would have never expected that, but I will probably be visiting the AA lounge from now on.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.