Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Elite Status Match by American Airlines (consolidated)

Elite Status Match by American Airlines (consolidated)

Old Mar 6, 12, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT
I guess AA realised that status-matched EXPs were not so profitable customers for AA.
Real profitable customers(= paid F/J for almost all fligts) for AA don't need any status match in general.

AA also has enough un-profitable elites(including me) by several double/triple promos since last year.

AA may also know many UA GS/1K will jump in AA without any status match if UA's UDU is truly dead.
Old Mar 8, 12, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM * Marriott LT Titanium * ICH Spire Amb.* HH Diamond *
Or it might just be the case of AA management making another error, by not following what DL and UA are doing.

We hope the addition of these wrong decisions will not lead to the disappearance of AA's flag.
Old Mar 16, 12, 5:48 am

Programs: UA - 1K,AA - Plat,Hilton - Diamond,Hyatt - Platinum,National - Exec Elite
Originally Posted by supergrandslam View Post
I guess AA realised that status-matched EXPs were not so profitable customers for AA.
Real profitable customers(= paid F/J for almost all fligts) for AA don't need any status match in general.
I would tend to disagree with this statement. It's not necessarily about how profitable a customer is, necessarily, but can also be about market share. The 30,000 my company gives to an airline on my behalf can either go to UA or AA. Sure, I buy mid-tier economy fares and a few discount international tickets a year, but bringing someone like me over to the dAArkside transfers that 30K/ yr of non-F/J business directly from UA to AA's coffers as well as creating a new candidate for their Citi credit card, etc.....
Old Nov 23, 12, 6:49 am

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr
So... I see this thread hasn't had any new posts in over half a year. In light of AA's financial tumult and recent operational problems, is it any more likely that AA will be more amenable to a general status match (my partner is currently Diamond Medallion with DL, but we're moving to Dallas in early '13)?

My partner is an Account Exec with the entire Southeast as his territory, with fairly frequent trips to N. American HQ in NYC and yearly to corp. HQ in Italy as well. Would that information be useful in a request for status match with AA?
Old Nov 30, 12, 7:45 pm

If I'm a Diamond on DL this year but will only be Platinum next year, will my AA EXP match that I request now be good until 2014?
Old Nov 30, 12, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by flightline View Post
If I'm a Diamond on DL this year but will only be Platinum next year, will my AA EXP match that I request now be good until 2014?
Probably til March of '13. They will require you to fly 25,000 or you lose it. You won't gain a full year of match status.
Old Dec 1, 12, 1:32 am

Programs: AA, DL, AS MVP, VA
Originally Posted by flightline View Post
What makes you think they'll match your status at all? As this thread indicates, they don't normally. They matched UA 1Ks for a while this year, but it's not clear that even that continues.
Old Dec 2, 12, 2:15 pm

ashill,
He's probably referring to this:
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/pointm...members-again/
Old Jan 6, 13, 2:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Well, I'll let you all know in April if AA is considering/doing matches as I think I'll try it out then, coming from QF Gold and trying to move across to AA Platinum (both OWE, obviously).
Old Jun 12, 13, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Concierge Key/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite lifetime
What is the cost of status match for Gold and Platinum? Is it still $120 and $240? There seem to be conflicting reports.
Old Jun 12, 13, 7:52 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM * Marriott LT Titanium * ICH Spire Amb.* HH Diamond *
I did not do the status match last year, but will do it this year, if offered, following the positives reports from 1K and GS United fellows.
Old Jun 13, 13, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by UASPG View Post
I did not do the status match last year, but will do it this year, if offered, following the positives reports from 1K and GS United fellows.
They are offering challenges only. If you are 1k/GS or DL DM, you won't be paying a fee. You have to earn 25k EQP (note, not EQM or EQS) in 3 months to get it until 2015.
Old Mar 26, 14, 2:32 pm

Programs: United MP
Status Match

Going back on the road, this time to an AA hub. I'm a Diamond on Delta but there's no good routing between origin and destination. So, I want to ask AA to match status. But, I have no idea where is best to call. Anyone tell me? Thanks
Old Mar 26, 14, 2:59 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by diceman725 View Post
Going back on the road, this time to an AA hub. I'm a Diamond on Delta but there's no good routing between origin and destination. So, I want to ask AA to match status. But, I have no idea where is best to call. Anyone tell me?
As AAdvantage is still operating as a distinct programme, this question is being moved over to the relevant thread in the pre-merger American Airlines forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Mar 26, 14, 7:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, AA Platinum, SWA Companion Pass, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by diceman725 View Post
Going back on the road, this time to an AA hub. I'm a Diamond on Delta but there's no good routing between origin and destination. So, I want to ask AA to match status. But, I have no idea where is best to call. Anyone tell me? Thanks
Similar situation here. Just signed up by calling AAdvantage customer service at 1 800-882-8880. They won't let you match, but I signed up to challenge for PLAT. Must earn 10,000 points in 90 days and there is a fee for signing up ($200, a bit less if your challenge starts after 3/31). Also, ask for GOLD status while you are challenging. I did and the agent cheerfully granted it.

Good luck,
KCJMAC

Search this Thread
Search Engine: