Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs and Flagship Lounge

Link to DFW information.
Link to DFW web site

Locations: All Clubs, lounges and oneworld lounges are airside past security. Entry:
  • Terminal A: Across from Gate A24 (see Andy’s Blog - link) Business Center.
  • Terminal B: Between Gates B3 and B6
  • Terminal C and Executive Center: Between Gates C19 and C20
  • Terminal D: Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club: Between Gates D23 and D24 (lifts to 5th level)

Hours: Current Club hours hours are posted on aa.com here.

All Clubs offer free "well" or "lower shelf" beverages and snacks, food and "upper shelf" drinks and food for purchase, WiFi, PCs and business facilities, printing, fax; all DFW Clubs offer conference facilities for rent (by advance arrangement) and showers.
  • "A" Admirals Club is the old International Terminal Club, has a children's room; limited storage lockers; (smoking room closed 31 Dec 2015); no views. Recently refurbished. Business Center.
  • "B" Admirals Club, normal domestic Clubs; B has views and is possibly the least used and probably the quietest. The (unsecured) baggage area has small (full size rollaboards unlikely to fit) baggage storage cubbies (former lockers without doors/locks).
  • "C" Admirals Club has a children's room. There is an "Executive Center" with extended business apparatus in Terminal "C". Terminal C Club is fairly busy much of the time.
  • "D" Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club in the International Terminal open 15 May 2019.
For related threads that may be of interest, see:• Which DFW Admirals Club for showers?
New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge for DFW "D"
ARCHIVE of older posts from this thread.
Print Wikipost

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2024, 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by ostatekitty
Is the AC in the E/Satellite terminal open or does it exist? It's listed on AA app but I didn't see it on the list of clubs at top of thread and didn't see any recent information searching the thread. It's also sort of "grayed out" on google maps whereas all the other DFW locations have the little cocktail glass symbol beside them and you can click to bring up more info. I'm flying TUL-DFW-TYR in March, and I strongly suspect I'll be leaving from that terminal if not both arriving and leaving, so it'd be awesome if there's a tiny club there like at LAX. If I do fly into a "real" terminal I'm trying to figure out if it's worth trying to visit another AC or just go straight to E. I'm assuming also it's similar to LAX and I'll have account for time to catch a shuttle to get to the satellite gates. Thanks for any info!
if your on a regional jet to tyr chance you will go out of B but wouldn’t assume you coming into E
Old Jan 24, 2024, 6:25 pm

Programs: American AAdvantage
As this happened on the 15th, this is probably old news. Per the article, Compass replaced HMS Host in operating the lounges.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/...r-300-workers/
Old Jan 25, 2024, 6:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Is the AC in the E/Satellite terminal open or does it exist? It's listed on AA app but I didn't see it on the list of clubs at top of thread and didn't see any recent information searching the thread. It's also sort of "grayed out" on google maps whereas all the other DFW locations have the little cocktail glass symbol beside them and you can click to bring up more info. I'm flying TUL-DFW-TYR in March, and I strongly suspect I'll be leaving from that terminal if not both arriving and leaving, so it'd be awesome if there's a tiny club there like at LAX. If I do fly into a "real" terminal I'm trying to figure out if it's worth trying to visit another AC or just go straight to E. I'm assuming also it's similar to LAX and I'll have account for time to catch a shuttle to get to the satellite gates. Thanks for any info!
I actually went through that club a couple years ago and it was actually quite nice I thought. It's pretty modern and it's not that small. When I was there it was also pretty quiet, not crowded at all.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 6:59 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Lonedaddy
if your on a regional jet to tyr chance you will go out of B but wouldn’t assume you coming into E
Usually the Envoy flights are the ones at B, TYR is SkyWest and typically those are out of E.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Flying from LHR to the US and can fly in F on 77W and connect in DFW or fly J and connect in RDU for 25K fewer miles. Are any of the lounges at DFW worth the effort/cost to connect there?

I am EXP and have Priority Pass.

Concorde Room at LHR is a moot point and everything else at LHR is the same whether in J or F, so I guess DFW FFD is the only real difference, unless there is another lounge at DFW worth seeing (FFD isn't enough - I've been to MIA/LAX FFD).

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2024, 8:39 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
It's there and it's awesome. I rarely fly Eagle, but do sometimes fly AS and use this club. I hit the Whataburger and bring it to the club to eat in peace and quiet.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 8:42 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by HofstraJet
Flying from LHR to the US and can fly in F on 77W and connect in DFW or fly J and connect in RDU for 25K fewer miles. Are any of the lounges at DFW worth the effort/cost to connect there?

Concorde Room at LHR is a moot point and everything else at LHR is the same whether in J or F, so I guess DFW FFD is the only real difference, unless there is another lounge at DFW worth seeing (FFD isn't enough - I've been to MIA/LAX FFD).

Thanks!
I’d only spring for F via DFW if it was the outbound. I don’t know where you’re connecting to, but I wouldn’t be particularly keen on splurging for FFD and stuffing my face with food and drink before a one hour domestic hop to Nashville. My vote is to save the miles.
JJeffrey and HofstraJet like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 8:43 am

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE

Thanks!
Not really sure what you're looking for then? There isn't some additional lounge if FFD doesn't suit you. Also, with it being AA metal ex-LHR, you would be out of T3, but if CCR doesn't float your boat (and I find it overrated, but moot point), then any of the T3 lounges won't move the needle either. So just pick the flight that suits your schedule, sounds like you've answered your question.
HofstraJet likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by safari ari
Not really sure what you're looking for then? There isn't some additional lounge if FFD doesn't suit you. Also, with it being AA metal ex-LHR, you would be out of T3, but if CCR doesn't float your boat (and I find it overrated, but moot point), then any of the T3 lounges won't move the needle either. So just pick the flight that suits your schedule, sounds like you've answered your question.
I understood that I wouldn't have CCR access flying on AA metal. Is that incorrect? I would love to check out the CCR, but figured it was moot as I'm not on BA metal.

EDIT: Confirmed I won't have CCR access as it is in T5 and AA departures are from T3. Can't access T5 without a BP for T5.

Last edited by HofstraJet; Jan 31, 2024 at 10:36 am
Old Jan 31, 2024, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD

Thanks!
I don’t think there’s any lounge anywhere in the world worth the extra 25k miles. But I’d spend 25k miles in a heartbeat to get the longer flight (which means more sleep time) in F from DFW rather than the J flight from RDU. When I fly transatlantic from DFW — which I did last week — I eat my meal in the lounge (whether FFD or just the lounge) and then sleep as much as possible on the flight.
HofstraJet and econometrics like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:20 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond

Thanks!
You've answered your question, FFD isn't enough.

I'd argue that FL in DFW with showers over the normal AC in RDU (which is small, not great food, and can get busy).

Do you like or dislike the concept D seats that you may or may not get. It could be worth it to avoid those and have the longer lie flat flight.

Final point, do you care about having one last go in F before it's sunset (eventually, whenever they get their new aircraft)
Old Jan 31, 2024, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by S80
You've answered your question, FFD isn't enough.

I'd argue that FL in DFW with showers over the normal AC in RDU (which is small, not great food, and can get busy).

Do you like or dislike the concept D seats that you may or may not get. It could be worth it to avoid those and have the longer lie flat flight.

Final point, do you care about having one last go in F before it's sunset (eventually, whenever they get their new aircraft)
heck, OP take a shower at RDU, they have them too

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.