Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2013, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs and Flagship Lounge

Link to DFW information.
Link to DFW web site

Locations: All Clubs, lounges and oneworld lounges are airside past security. Entry:
  • Terminal A: Across from Gate A24 (see Andy’s Blog - link) Business Center.
  • Terminal B: Between Gates B3 and B6
  • Terminal C and Executive Center: Between Gates C19 and C20
  • Terminal D: Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club: Between Gates D23 and D24 (lifts to 5th level)

Hours: Current Club hours hours are posted on aa.com here.

All Clubs offer free "well" or "lower shelf" beverages and snacks, food and "upper shelf" drinks and food for purchase, WiFi, PCs and business facilities, printing, fax; all DFW Clubs offer conference facilities for rent (by advance arrangement) and showers.
  • "A" Admirals Club is the old International Terminal Club, has a children's room; limited storage lockers; (smoking room closed 31 Dec 2015); no views. Recently refurbished. Business Center.
  • "B" Admirals Club, normal domestic Clubs; B has views and is possibly the least used and probably the quietest. The (unsecured) baggage area has small (full size rollaboards unlikely to fit) baggage storage cubbies (former lockers without doors/locks).
  • "C" Admirals Club has a children's room. There is an "Executive Center" with extended business apparatus in Terminal "C". Terminal C Club is fairly busy much of the time.
  • "D" Flagship Lounge and Admirals Club in the International Terminal open 15 May 2019.
For related threads that may be of interest, see:• Which DFW Admirals Club for showers?
New Flagship Lounge and Premium Lounge for DFW "D"
ARCHIVE of older posts from this thread.
Print Wikipost

DFW / Dallas Fort Worth Admirals Clubs, Flagship & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2018, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Does anyone recall if the temporary lounge at D DFW has draft beer? When I was there a few weeks back I didn't take notice. I'll be there before my flight 78 to London Monday evening and want to grab some cold draft beer. If they don't do any of the other one world lounges in D have draft beer?
Old May 21, 2018, 10:45 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by controller1
Unless there is some fantastic soundproofing, I can't image the Quiet Room being very quiet.
I think the point of it is that no one uses a cell phone or talks in there. Kind of like an Amtrak Quiet Car.
Old May 21, 2018, 4:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by enviroian
Does anyone recall if the temporary lounge at D DFW has draft beer? When I was there a few weeks back I didn't take notice. I'll be there before my flight 78 to London Monday evening and want to grab some cold draft beer. If they don't do any of the other one world lounges in D have draft beer?
well I’m here so I might as well answer my own question.

No. Lol

stella Artois, Budweiser, Dos Equis, and bud light available in the bottle.

The temporary bar looks silly and looks like something someone made as a high school project.

I asked the 🐉 when the refurbished D lounge will open and she “next spring”.
VaBeachGirl and thunderlounge like this.
Old May 21, 2018, 5:46 pm

Thanks for the update. Safe travels to LHR. ^
Old May 22, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold

well I’m here so I might as well answer my own question.

No. Lol

stella Artois, Budweiser, Dos Equis, and bud light available in the bottle.

The temporary bar looks silly and looks like something someone made as a high school project.

I asked the 🐉 when the refurbished D lounge will open and she “next spring”.
Is that fancy bar still serving drinks in plastic cups? If so, are they clear plastic cups, or the ubiquitous red ones so you can walk around the airport and pretend you are at one big Tailgate Party?
Old May 22, 2018, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jcatman
Is that fancy bar still serving drinks in plastic cups? If so, are they clear plastic cups, or the ubiquitous red ones so you can walk around the airport and pretend you are at one big Tailgate Party?
honestly didn’t notice this time.

Do you like my dragon icon? Lol
Old May 22, 2018, 9:39 pm

honestly didn’t notice this time.

Do you like my dragon icon? Lol
I do, but you'll need to find a meaner, nastier-looking dragon to represent the entrance to the Oneworld Business Lounge at LAX.
Old May 24, 2018, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
Are there showers in the premium lounge? I thought there was some conversation earlier but I can't find it. Thanks!
Old May 25, 2018, 7:59 pm

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
Are there showers in the premium lounge? I thought there was some conversation earlier but I can't find it. Thanks!
Nope. No showers. No plans to add any.
Old May 25, 2018, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by snorkmaster
Nope, no showers and no glassware.
Old May 26, 2018, 3:17 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by jcatman
Clear plastic cups, if you’re lucky enough to get one. I had to ask for one to go with my bottle of water this week, and it was handed over with reluctance and no offer of ice or lemon/lime.

The lounge is adequate, but no more and considering how long it’s going to be around, it probably needs a bit more effort. At least it is fairly large.
Old May 26, 2018, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by Oaxaca

Clear plastic cups, if you’re lucky enough to get one. I had to ask for one to go with my bottle of water this week, and it was handed over with reluctance and no offer of ice or lemon/lime.

The lounge is adequate, but no more and considering how long it’s going to be around, it probably needs a bit more effort. At least it is fairly large.
<bolding mine>

Thank you for the information. I'll be flying through DFW many times this summer, and I cannot wait to push the envelope with requests for ice, "fruit" with my club soda, and similar requests to gauge the attitude of staff and adequacy of offerings in this "temporary, premium" lounge.
Old May 26, 2018, 7:18 pm

Programs: *G, CO Plat, UA 1P, Etihad Gold, Marriott Prem Plat, Avis Pres
Did AA ever have more than one AC per terminal at DFW?
Old May 27, 2018, 6:51 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky
Did AA ever have more than one AC per terminal at DFW?
No.

Way back years ago, there was an separate International First Class Lounge (which was around gate A-28 or so) A, in addition to the Admirals Club (which was around gate A-34 back on those days).
Old May 29, 2018, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Saw this on another thread:
Originally Posted by AAway
Originally Posted by JDiver
(On a related note, I’ve not visited the A Club since it reopened, but I’m imagining the vestigial remains of the Flagship and Arrivals Loungesare completely gone now. �� )
It's pretty much still there, but because the lobby is so much more open, the entrance to this area is more obvious than prior to the renovation, so more people venture into the area than previously. The "private" bathrooms are still there.
AAway likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.