Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Earn AA miles on DL / Delta operated by Alaska / AS or vice versa? (No.)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 28, 2013, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST

This thread was created to discuss questions surrounding AAdvantage miles earning for Delta Air Lines marketed codeshare flights, operated by Alaska Airlines and for Alaska Airlines marketed / codeshare flights operated by Delta Air Lines. At this time neither is possible.

It is not possible to earn AS marketed flights operated by another (other than AA) oneworld carrier, either, as Alaska Airlines is not a oneworld carrier.

~AAdvantage Forum Moderation Team
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa exp, 4.4mm; hh diamond

Sorry in advance if my search on the AA and AS forums was too superficial. On 3/11, I flew AS 4 from SEA to DCA on a Y fare. It was booked as a DL codeshare by my company's travel dept. When I checked in at the kiosk, I was really happy to see I could change the FF preference to AA (which printed on my BP). After waiting two weeks for the miles to post to AA, I went looking for them, and found that they had posted to my DL account. Since I have the BP with my AAdvantage number on it, do I have a case?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by haruspex
Sorry in advance if my search on the AA and AS forums was too superficial. On 3/11, I flew AS 4 from SEA to DCA on a Y fare. It was booked as a DL codeshare by my company's travel dept. When I checked in at the kiosk, I was really happy to see I could change the FF preference to AA (which printed on my BP). After waiting two weeks for the miles to post to AA, I went looking for them, and found that they had posted to my DL account. Since I have the BP with my AAdvantage number on it, do I have a case?
You would have had to buy a ticket an AS flight number for AA credit.
If I read this correctly, your ticket had a DL flight number, correct?
Old Mar 27, 2006, 3:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by haruspex
Since I have the BP with my AAdvantage number on it, do I have a case?
Technically, you flew on a DL flight.

Now, the interesting thing is if you are able to claim retroactive credit, since you have a BP with an AS flight number and your AAdv number on it. I don't know if AA would/could check to see if those miles were credited to DL. Worth a shot I guess.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 6:59 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
I think you will not be able to claim AA miles for what was booked as a DL flight. No case, IMO.
Old Mar 27, 2006, 10:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: aa exp, 4.4mm; hh diamond
Thanks all. I don't think I'll try for the double posting.
Old May 10, 2006, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA-2MM EXP
Possible to earn AA miles on AS / Alaska operated by Delta / DL? (consolidated)

Is it possible to earn AA miles (and EQMs) on an Alaska code-share ticket (booked in F - from JFK to SFO), which is operated by Delta?

The AA site says, with regard to earning miles on Alaska: "Cooperative service flights operated by carriers other than American Airlines may not be eligible for mileage accrual."
Old May 10, 2006, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by flyboyNYC
Is it possible to earn AA miles (and EQMs) on an Alaska code-share ticket (booked in F - from JFK to SFO), which is operated by Delta?
No.

Mike
Old May 10, 2006, 5:59 pm

Programs: Lifetime AA Gold-1MM
Originally Posted by flyboyNYC
No, it has to be Alaska (or Horizon) metal to earn AA miles.
Old May 22, 2006, 2:08 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Gold, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold
boooooooooooooo

I found some decent fares b/w LAX & JFK on Alaska & Delta (385 all-in) with very flexible times (pretty much every flight is open).

AA is about $30 more and only has a sprinking of flights available before the fares start going up.

I think I'm just going to buy the Alaska ticket and get Delta miles, which don't do me much good.
Old May 22, 2006, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
List of codeshare partners flight number ranges that earn miles.

Handy page, but kind of obscure on the aa.com web site. For me, it won't even come up in a search on the term codeshare. So I keep it bookmarked.
Old May 22, 2006, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by ZeppoX
List of codeshare partners flight number ranges that earn miles.

Handy page, but kind of obscure on the aa.com web site. For me, it won't even come up in a search on the term codeshare. So I keep it bookmarked.
And completely irrelevant to the question originally asked. The OP (and subsequent posts) refer to a DL-metal codeshare on Alaska, not an AA codeshare.

Mike
Old May 22, 2006, 10:11 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LT Plt, Mets fan
Searching the words Alaska and Delta in this forum would have showed that the answer is NO.
Old May 22, 2006, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Priority Club, Emerald Club, Amtrak
Originally Posted by nako
And completely irrelevant to the question originally asked. The OP (and subsequent posts) refer to a DL-metal codeshare on Alaska, not an AA codeshare.

Mike
Sorry, I should have pointed out how that page answers such questions, because on the face of it, you are right, it would not seem to.

If the airline is not listed on that that page, then no joy.
If the airline is listed, but flight number is not, then no joy.

Again, sorry for the incomplete response.
Old May 22, 2006, 11:49 am

Programs: AA Plat, CO Gold
Originally Posted by whesung
I think I'm just going to buy the Alaska ticket and get Delta miles, which don't do me much good.
How about getting AS miles? Can redeem on AA (or NW, DL, CO, BA, CX, etc.). Can earn miles (when AA can't) for BA trans-Atlantic and discount CX coach.
Old Jul 13, 2006, 11:27 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Possible to earn AA miles on DL / Delta operated by Alaska / AS? (consolidated)

I'm looking at heading out to the west coast. One option seems to be a Delta flight that leaves much later than the last AA flight (and is much cheaper than the last AA flight). Its operated as an Alaska codeshare, so I'm assuming that I can get miles that count toward status. Anyone disagree?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.