FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   Transportation e- and paper Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/578068-transportation-e-paper-voucher-vouchers-mco-faq-master-thread.html)

JDiver Aug 2, 2016 10:12 am

Originally Posted by dude505 (Post 27003225)
Hello Forum,

I have received an e-voucher for $700.00 from AA for being bumped from a recent flight, and I am trying to figure out how to best use it.

The evoucher says valid on "flights operated by American Airlines, American EagleŽ and oneworldŽ carriers for itineraries sold and originating in the U.S., Puerto Rico and U.S. Virgin Islands. eVouchers may also be used for payment of air travel on any oneworldŽ partner or Codeshare flights designated in flight listings as AA*."

I have the list of the 14 oneworld carriers, and my question is- can I go on any of the oneworld websites (Quantas, Cathay Pacific, etc) and book a flight on their product and use the evoucher to pay for it, or do i need to go to the AA site and book flights through them that might use one of the other carriers? I am trying to book smart here and maximize my options.

Thanks so much.

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

We have merged your query into the existing vouchers thread. Please read the Wikipost at the top of the page for some information on voucher use.

/Moderator

You will have to follow the procedures listed above - either mail the voucher or use it at a AA City Ticket Office or airline ticket counter. Antiquated, but for now it is what it is. And you can not use it on another airline's site.

andy caroll Aug 5, 2016 3:52 pm

Hi everyone.
I know there are a lot of thread that talking about this one. but i cant find exaclly the answer for my situation. My friend received a $1000 paper voucher for volunteering to take a flight later. he gave the voucher to me but i have some questions about it:
1. can i use it with my friend's name on the voucher ?
2. can i use the voucher for an International Flight ( to Asia ) with AA ?
3. how many days in advance for a flight that i can book ? 12 or 21 ?
thanks alot

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone. my friend received a $1000 voucher from AA a few months ago. he gave me the voucher and we already lost contact with each other. can i still be able to use the voucher ?

JDiver Aug 5, 2016 10:16 pm

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Please read the Wikipost at the top of the page. The basics and links to resources are there. /Moderator

BThumme Aug 21, 2016 9:51 pm

Hey all, question.

I made a reservation for Thanksgiving that has me going DEN-DFW(overnight)-ORD, with the DFW-ORD being on a dreamliner. The schedule has changed and it's now a 738.

I would never have booked the flight if that was the case and just done DEN-ORD-LAN.

Anyways, my ticket is currently pending as I had an AA voucher to use. I want to make a change now, but figure that would cause some issues when AA gets around to processioning my vouchers, which I'm told isn't until a couple weeks before the flight.

If AA lets me make a change, the total should be the same, and my voucher would get processes the same way hopefully, no?

todd-r Aug 21, 2016 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by BThumme (Post 27099667)
If AA lets me make a change, the total should be the same, and my voucher would get processes the same way hopefully, no?

You can make any changes until ticketed. Just make sure it is a change that keeps the same PNR and not a cancellation that creates a new PNR.

BThumme Aug 21, 2016 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by todd-r (Post 27099726)
You can make any changes until ticketed. Just make sure it is a change that keeps the same PNR and not a cancellation that creates a new PNR.

So the 787 is flying DFW-ORD at 10am now, instead of 7am. I've called 2 ex plat agents asking to me moved up to that flight but they insist on repricing the ticket and that I'm not eligible for a refund :(

Fitch Aug 22, 2016 10:49 pm

AA routes not touching US ?

I think I probably know the answer to this question, but here goes anyway...

I am London-based and have ended up with an unused AA transportation voucher with a face value of GBP 119 and a March 2017 expiry. As I don't have plans to visit the US before then, it seems like I have 3 choices:

1. Make an unnecessary trip to the US (much as I love you guys, seems a bit silly!)
2. Throw the voucher away (seems a shame)
3. Use it on an AA booking within Europe...

Does such a thing as (3) even exist standalone ? I assume the AA codeshares on AY, BA etc. are only valid in conjunction with a trans-Atlantic ticket...?

AAExpDFW Aug 22, 2016 10:53 pm

Need to verify the restrictions on the voucher but I am fairly certain it needs to be used on AA operated and AA marketed flights.

You are correct that codeshares are only valid if the trip has a Domestic US segment.

I believe the voucher is basically locking you into a trip that has the US as part of the ticket.

matrixwalker2012 Aug 22, 2016 11:07 pm

Years ago, AA had a LHR-BRU slot squatter, but that's gone. I think at this point, any AA flight is going to either take off or land in the US.

ThreeJulietTango Aug 22, 2016 11:14 pm

The only AA route that doesn't touch the US that comes to mind is LPB-VVI, but even that doesn't really count since it's part of a triangle and I don't believe AA has any local traffic rights on that segment.

Microwave Aug 23, 2016 1:05 am

If you know someone going to the US, I believe you could use your voucher for that person's travel as long as you're the one presenting the voucher. I'd suggest doing it at the airport; it's probably a pain to get there, but I've never trusted vouchers over the phone and sent in by post myself.

Fitch Aug 23, 2016 3:28 am

Thought as much :(

Oh well, looks like I will just have to make another trip to the US then :D

ashill Aug 23, 2016 8:25 am

Originally Posted by Fitch (Post 27105398)
I am London-based and have ended up with an unused AA transportation voucher with a face value of GBP 119 and a March 2017 expiry. As I don't have plans to visit the US before then

I think that the travel only needs to be ticketed by the expiry date; travel can be as much as a year after the ticketing date. So that gives you considerably more time in which the travel can happen.

discoverCSG Aug 23, 2016 8:32 am

Originally Posted by nux (Post 27003437)
No it would need to be an AA codeshare booked through AA. Also there is no 'u' in Qantas.

The other day I got an extremely unhelpful e-mail from Customer Service in response to a complaint about interlining in Australia. The AAgent spelled it "Quantas" - I couldn't stop laughing at the incompetence of it all!

discoverCSG Aug 23, 2016 8:38 am

Back on topic, how does one convert an existing non-refundable AA ticket (which one can no longer use) into a voucher?