Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

FCO / Rome Fiumicino Int'l. Airport Contract & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:07 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

FCO / Rome Leonardo Da Vinci - Fiumicino International Airport
AA Contract and oneworld Lounges

Link to FCO airport information on aa.com.

Link to FCO airport web site

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

ADR L'Anfore Lounge

Hours: Daily: 06:15-23:00*

Note: Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: American Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Royal Jordanian, SriLankan Airlines, US Airways

Amenities:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Snacks and Drinks
  • TVs
  • Showers
  • Wheel chair access

British Airways Lounge

Hours: Daily: 06:15-20.30*

Amenities:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Snacks and Drinks
  • TVs
  • Wheel chair access
  • Smoking room

Alitalia Borromini Lounge
Has been used on occasion by AA; listed here in case...

Location details: Terminal 3, beside Gate G11 (airside)

Hours: Daily: 06:00-24:00*

Amenities:
  • Complimentary WiFi
  • Snacks and Drinks
  • TVs
Note: Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: Qatar Airways
* See lounge hours and updates and further information here via the oneworld lounge access tool online

HelloSky Services Lounge (fee based, departures or arrivals)

Location: Via Generale Felice Santini, 1023, 00054 Fiumicino RM, Italia - juncture of covered walkways to Terminals 1 and 3, landside . Walkway to Leonardo Express train to Roma (Termini). See post #40 for map.

Hours: 7 am - 9 pm
Amenities:
  • WiFi (included in access fee)
  • Business center with internet access
  • Bar and buffet* (extra cost)
  • Concierge
  • Showers (€20 includes towels, amenities)
  • Air Room day rooms (from 55€)
  • Airport lounge*
  • Meeting rooms (from 100€)
  • Meet and greet service (fees upon request)
Access fees: *8€ HelloSky basic access, 20€ HelloSky Plus (includes food buffet, beverages - breakfast available)

Link to website

+39 0697150200; [email protected]

Photos at TripAdvisor, here
Older posts may be read at: ARCHIVE: FCO / Rome Fiumicino Airport Lounge master thread

Print Wikipost

FCO / Rome Fiumicino Int'l. Airport Contract & oneworld Lounges (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981

Yes it was super easy.....I had to take a train to get to AAs gates kind of like getting to MIA high E gates but very simple. BA lounge is right after security and upstairs.
awesome thanks. But you still had to check in at the American counter? Or is there a way to get there so I don’t have to take a train there and a train back?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

awesome thanks. But you still had to check in at the American counter? Or is there a way to get there so I don’t have to take a train there and a train back?
The train is after check-in, security and the BA lounge.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 5:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981

The train is after check-in, security and the BA lounge.
thanks! It used to be checkin then bus ride to the gate area for lounge. Sounds like things have changed a bit for the better eliminating the bus ride.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:15 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

thanks! It used to be checkin then bus ride to the gate area for lounge. Sounds like things have changed a bit for the better eliminating the bus ride.
Yep no buses at least as of June 2019.....very easy experience just a sad BA lounge in the mornings.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 12:40 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Is the renovated BA lounge open and fully stocked with good F&B options for the 10:30AM flight FCO-JFK in J?

Is there a better free AA/OW lounge option at FCO?
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
Is the renovated BA lounge open and fully stocked with good F&B options for the 10:30AM flight FCO-JFK in J?

Is there a better free AA/OW lounge option at FCO?
Plaza Premium Lounge is the AA J lounge at FCO. The decor of the BA lounge is def more stylish, F&B are more or less the same.

Also the Tram to the high E gates at FCO was down a couple weeks ago for maintenance. If thatst still the case, you will need to take a buss between the low E gates (where lounges are) and the departure gates.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
Plaza Premium Lounge is the AA J lounge at FCO.

Also the Tram to the high E gates at FCO was down a couple weeks ago for maintenance. If that's still the case, you will need to take a buss between the low E gates (where lounges are) and the departure gates.
Why would the BA lounge not be a normal option for AA J pax?

In my case, I am a QF Sapphire, so I presume we can all access the BA lounge on that basis. But can't AA J pax use the BA lounge as a matter of right?

Otherwise, which is the "better" lounge? The Plaza Premium or the BA Lounge? Are both lounges near each other, so that it's a similar train or bus to the AA Gates from the BA Lounge and the Plaza Premium lounge??
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by nologic
Why would the BA lounge not be a normal option for AA J pax?

In my case, I am a QF Sapphire, so I presume we can all access the BA lounge on that basis. But can't AA J pax use the BA lounge as a matter of right?

Otherwise, which is the "better" lounge? The Plaza Premium or the BA Lounge? Are both lounges near each other, so that it's a similar train or bus to the AA Gates from the BA Lounge and the Plaza Premium lounge??
That was the one we were directed to at check-in. While we all were J and two of us are EXP, we have 3 kids with no status.

Having been to the BA lounge before, I'd say they are pretty much the same. They are 50 feet apart from one another, so if the train is still down the bus ride will be the same.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by DataPlumber;[url=tel:34507012
34507012[/url]]That was the one we were directed to at check-in. While we all were J and two of us are EXP, we have 3 kids with no status.

Having been to the BA lounge before, I'd say they are pretty much the same. They are 50 feet apart from one another, so if the train is still down the bus ride will be the same.
Thank you. So it sounds like the two lounges are essentially in the same area or adjacent to each other and therefore there’s nothing stopping anyone from checking out the BA lounge or the two lounges in deciding which one I like better?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.