Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

LUS: The ugly truth about LUS ("West" 757) First Class service to Hawaii

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LUS: The ugly truth about LUS ("West" 757) First Class service to Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2015, 2:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Sometimes known as [ARG:6 UNDEFINED]
I'd stay in 2AC. Non-bulkhead, so you get all of that "generous" 38 inches of legroom, plus space to stow small items if you need 'em.
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
On this one, I'd stick with 2AC
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:14 pm

Will do. And thanks again all.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:15 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
On this one, I'd stick with 2AC
I wouldn't. I'd move across to 2 D&F. The majority of these US Hawaii 757s have cutouts in front of you in D&F, where you can put your personal items -- or your legs -- or possibly both.

I do this flight regularly and always feel sorry for the folks in 2A&C. Row 1 has too much incline for the seat pitch, so when the person in front reclines, their head is in your face in Row 2, especially if you are eating or working.

Unless you are tall, and cannot manage the risk of a bulkhead with no cutouts (I've only had one flight like that in the last several years), your chances of a comfortable flight are far greater on the D&F side.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:12 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
I just booked AA first ex US first HNL-PHX for November using a EVIP. I'm curious if this experience will match up to my expectations.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
I just booked AA first ex US first HNL-PHX for November using a EVIP. I'm curious if this experience will match up to my expectations.
If your expectations are low, then it will match your expectations. It's not any better than any other domestic F flight and it is a far cry from international J let alone international F.
Old Oct 15, 2015, 11:55 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy
Original Poster

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MEABFlyer
If your expectations are low, then it will match your expectations. It's not any better than any other domestic F flight and it is a far cry from international J let alone international F.
And, still, worse than most.

I fly this route on US a couple times a year on average and always in F. The in-flight service is better than when I started this thread. The food is still not Hawaiian-focused, though has improved a little. The airline just doesn't try to make it anything special.

What I dislike most are the seats and the pitch on this airplane. The seat backs are so thick and when the person in front of you reclines you can barely eat off your tray without the top of their head inches from your face. Forget about working on a computer. The seat backs are incredibly vertical and as uncomfortable as that is, I don't recline because I don't want to do it to the person behind me. The seat cushions sit higher than in the Airbus aircraft, making it harder for a shorter person to comfortably sink into their chair. The bottom line is that they are cramming too many large-ish seats into too little space. In my view it's the most uncomfortable F cabin in the mainline fleet.

I look at this flight as getting from point-A to point-B as directly as possible and not in economy. It's, unfortunately, nothing special on any level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.