Food Selection at DFW Flagship

Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:09 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dallas, US
Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 274
Food Selection at DFW Flagship

Flyertalkers!
I have been coming every 1 or 2 weeks to the DFW Flagship in Terminal D, given I am flying more than I want to South America (Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires) lately.
I noticed the same food selection (since Dec 2023, I think that I recall)... is this normal?
At the beginning I was skipping my dinner on the plane and getting something here but at this point I am fed up of the selection here. It does sound poor that we have the same food selection over 4 months.

I do not recall the same in the past, but may be me.
Cheers
Circusplaza is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:13 pm
  #2  
S80
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: ORD/LHR
Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 1,329
Originally Posted by Circusplaza
Flyertalkers!
I have been coming every 1 or 2 weeks to the DFW Flagship in Terminal D, given I am flying more than I want to South America (Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires) lately.
I noticed the same food selection (since Dec 2023, I think that I recall)... is this normal?
At the beginning I was skipping my dinner on the plane and getting something here but at this point I am fed up of the selection here. It does sound poor that we have the same food selection over 4 months.

I do not recall the same in the past, but may be me.
Cheers
Yes, it rarely changes, I'm very fed up with it too, one can only have so much pork chops and bbq salmon
S80 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:27 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dallas, US
Programs: BAEC G, Bonvoy T, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Posts: 274
Originally Posted by S80
Yes, it rarely changes, I'm very fed up with it too, one can only have so much pork chops and bbq salmon
Indeed, I did not want to quote the menu but yes; pork chop, bbq salmon, asparagus, tots and churros... The same pumpkin soup even is not pumpkin season anymore!!
#21stcenturyproblems
Circusplaza is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2024, 12:28 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Houston, TX, USA
Programs: UA Platinum, AA Lifetime Platinum, DL Platinum, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador, Hertz Platinum
Posts: 7,977
Originally Posted by Circusplaza
I noticed the same food selection (since Dec 2023, I think that I recall)... is this normal?Cheers
I hope they're at least reheating it.
dpb132, Hoi polloi, Matt_b and 3 others like this.
Steve M is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:02 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 3,232
Yeah, I was in there last Thursday and the menu was pretty much identical to my last visit six weeks ago. I don't expect the menu to change weekly but at least the occasional change or rotation would be welcomed.
Geordie405 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2024, 1:06 pm
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: KHOU/KIAH
Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 11,313
I wish it would not be meat +sides once in a while. For a vegetarian, the menu really sucks.
asnovici likes this.
Antarius is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2024, 3:17 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,023
Originally Posted by Antarius
I wish it would not be meat +sides once in a while. For a vegetarian, the menu really sucks.
Agreed! and Very true for DFW Flagship.
Antarius likes this.
ft4lyf is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2024, 5:56 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 257
Originally Posted by Antarius
I wish it would not be meat +sides once in a while. For a vegetarian, the menu really sucks.
Yup. Sadly there are many demographics and identities of people the "great" state of Texas would rather not acknowledge the existence of. Vegetarians are among them.
gophish11 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2024, 6:18 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: SoCal,
Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Posts: 771
Thank you! I’m thru there, 2-3 times a month and the food, save the taco bar, is such a turn off. The pork chops are horrible. I hate fish, and why are there churros next to the SW Gnocchi? Even the wedge salad is blah….it never has enough dressing. Back in December? I was able to at least get three tacos at a time, now it’s only two. They’re always slow to change up the menu, but this time seems excessively long. The last menu I recall that had overstayed its welcome included burnt ends… I’d be pretty happy to have those back.
Tack is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2024, 6:24 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,708
There is a new menu coming. ORD either has it or is about to get it. Next will be DFW
777lover is offline  
Old Apr 15, 2024, 7:23 pm
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: KHOU/KIAH
Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 11,313
Originally Posted by gophish11
Yup. Sadly there are many demographics and identities of people the "great" state of Texas would rather not acknowledge the existence of. Vegetarians are among them.
True. However, at the same time, I do understand the desire (and need) to cater to the vast majority of the traveling populace. I'd love if the food was more than asparagus and sweet potatoes, but I suspect that most aren't eating just that.

Originally Posted by Tack
and why are there churros next to the SW Gnocchi?
While the placement is odd, at least there are Churros. ​​​​​​​
LovePrunes likes this.
Antarius is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2024, 2:29 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA Plat (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Hilton Gold, Uber One
Posts: 1,353
Originally Posted by 777lover
There is a new menu coming. ORD either has it or is about to get it. Next will be DFW
Unless something changed post-COVID, each FSL has its own unique menu.
ikwia is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2024, 3:23 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Dublin,Ireland and Nice France
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 2,104
What’s on offer here for breakfast,will be passing through this week ? Thanks
Earthman is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2024, 4:13 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 1,708
Originally Posted by ikwia
Unless something changed post-COVID, each FSL has its own unique menu.
I am talking rollout of new menu — not what did items will be on each. When I saw the HQ folks a few weeks ago, they said Chicago will make a change and then DFW will get their new menu
777lover is offline  
Old Apr 16, 2024, 7:42 am
  #15  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver • DEN-APA
Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 21,650
I don't even bother anymore. I just turn left from the elevators and head to the Capital One Lounge. Far better and more creative food.
SFO777 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.