Impossible Booking Question

Old Apr 3, 2024, 12:00 pm
formerly DreAAmliner
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Impossible Booking Question

As an EXP, and not withstanding that AA can book impossible backup flights for me during IRROPS, can I:
-Make impossible bookings that won't get scrubbed overnight?
-Make an impossible 24h hold that won't get scrubbed overnight? (one that overlaps with another ticketed flight of mine)

For some reason I recall that this is something that an EXP can do, and that the system is not supposed to overnight-scrub-autocancel an impossible booking.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:25 pm

One data point does not make a policy statement but...
I had two overlapping bookings last week and they did not get scrubbed. I am EXP
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:01 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by brittex
One data point does not make a policy statement but...
I had two overlapping bookings last week and they did not get scrubbed. I am EXP
Ticketed or not ticketed? AA will not cancel impossible ticketed reservations/tickets, as far as I've always seen.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by ER-One
As an EXP, and not withstanding that AA can book impossible backup flights for me during IRROPS, can I:
-Make impossible bookings that won't get scrubbed overnight?
-Make an impossible 24h hold that won't get scrubbed overnight? (one that overlaps with another ticketed flight of mine)

For some reason I recall that this is something that an EXP can do, and that the system is not supposed to overnight-scrub-autocancel an impossible booking.
IME, they will not cancel duplicate bookings until fairly close to the flight date.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:53 pm

I don't think AA cancels impossible bookings that are ticketed. They only cancel impossible holds.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 6:30 pm
formerly DreAAmliner
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Thanks all for the data points. Seems they will keep impossible bookings, but not allow impossible holds.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.