Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Passenger Drunk and Denied boarding at DFW

Passenger Drunk and Denied boarding at DFW

Old Mar 20, 2024, 12:31 am

Programs: AA LT Gold
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I am intrigued - maybe that is too direct - as to why anyone would allow themselves to get in that state. IN the UK , you are not allowed to board an aircraft if inebriated. Yes, I know some do - but if they are quiet and discrete no one is any the wiser. When they kick off like her then they draw attention to themselves. I am almost drawn to say that I feel slightly sorry for her as we do not know what was going on in her life - but being drunk and disorderly is not the answer.
I don't think anybody that gets to that state willingly did so.
Intoxicated people will always say they are being quiet and discreet, or "being nice" (just like the woman in the video does at one point).
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:25 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Alex_I
Perhaps you are not allowed to board, however, just last week I did witness a passenger was who barely capable of walking while helped by a female companion when leaving Club Europe BA flight from LHR upon landing in IST.
So you noticed upon disembarkation but not upon boarding? This would imply that she was not that intoxicated, if intoxicated at all when she got on the aircraft. It may well be - and I am just musing aloud that it was when she got up that she realised just how sozzled she was! I get your point which is why I said "boarding".

I have to say that the worst drunks that I had aboard were nowhere near as loud, foul mouthed or quite so vulgar. Sadly handling agents would let them board just to get rid of them. Now they do not dare.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 7:57 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
This video gives the full altercation but cuts out the discussion with the GAs (which was boring anyway)
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:21 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Originally Posted by smith80678
This video gives the full altercation but cuts out the discussion with the GAs (which was boring anyway)
https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/statu...820648977?s=20
Right after she pees you can see the janitor with the mop cart! That's fast!
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by enviroian
So she's working on a divorce--wonder who prompted. I feel sorry for that poor man.
Sorry? He has had an escape from a fate worse than death.
hhdl likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
IN the UK , you are not allowed to board an aircraft if inebriated.
Same concept in the US (though IIRC the FAR wording is if they "appear intoxicated").
Old Mar 20, 2024, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Bear96
Same concept in the US (though IIRC the FAR wording is if they "appear intoxicated").
The Air Navigation Order 2016 states A person must not enter any aircraft when drunk, or be drunk in any aircraft.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:46 am

Here is an updated story on Angela: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-arrest.html
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:52 am

Here is an updated story on Angela: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...an-arrest.html
It says she was fired from Capital One
Old Mar 31, 2024, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
It says she was fired from Capital One
Her linked in profile no longer has her pic but does show her Capital One work history.

Looks like shes from Frisco TX. LOL.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.7MM, AC
I feel for her kids.
karenkay, LETTERBOY, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:26 am

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, UA Silver, EI Silver
Poor woman. And her kids.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Her career has concluded.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 6:53 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Pretty sad all around. That's gotta be difficult for her teenage daughters. And, it seems pretty clear that the lady has an alcohol abuse problem that she needs to work on.
hhdl likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 7:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Hoi polloi
Pretty sad all around. That's gotta be difficult for her teenage daughters. And, it seems pretty clear that the lady has an alcohol abuse problem that she needs to work on.
I must have missed that. Did the article say she has kids? If so could you imagine the shame and embarrassment knowing all your friends at high school have you seen your mom drunk and hog tied at DFW? Awful.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.