Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

When will loyalty points start earning for upgrades?

When will loyalty points start earning for upgrades?

Old May 1, 2024, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP; United 1K, Delta, IHG Plat Amb, PE, Marriott/Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
That's true. However, earning miles for upgrades and not LPs would really make this supposed improvement much less of one, IMHO. And, how would those miles be computed? 1 mile per dollar, based on the status of the flying passenger like other flight miles/LPs, or something else?

We just need to wait to see exactly what AA does.
exactly my thought. If nothing else, maybe with all of the assumptions that they will have LP, they will make sure they get LP :-)
Old May 1, 2024, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by CMTinPHL
How would I know? Im just referring generally to AAs IT.
then how can u say its because of AAs poor IT?

infact, it isnt just IT it a a totally different way of selling, accounting for, and transferring to the AADV system.
Old May 2, 2024, 1:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by 777lover
then how can u say its because of AAs poor IT?

infact, it isnt just IT it a a totally different way of selling, accounting for, and transferring to the AADV system.
A lot of posters here agree that AA has poor IT. You can disagree if you like. I said above it was my opinion that it was due to AAs poor IT that paid upgrades in the app still arent earning LPs, even though AA said they would shortly. You disagree fine and are responding to a months old post. Whatever.
Old May 3, 2024, 10:21 am

Programs: AAdvantage
Ultimately you shouldn't roll out a benefit with "coming soon" (IMHO you should never use that terminology to begin with) and then now several months later remain radio silent about it. I'm starting to wonder did AA have an intention of rolling this out, management backtracked but now plays mum. I think the point is to get/encourage people to buy generally more expensive premium fares at booking and not wait for a generous cash upgrade offer. Not paying LPs would likely be helpful in that's the goal.

As someone that regularly pays for cash upgrade I'd like some kind of answer in the very near future.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.