Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Why do people dislike CLT so much? (issues, complaints, gripes)

Why do people dislike CLT so much? (issues, complaints, gripes)

Old Feb 26, 2024, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by golfingboy
The airport . . . in general is an atheistically pleasant airport[.]
Which is a problem in the Bible Belt.
sushanna1 and hhdl like this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 7:56 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
I would personally take CLT over PHL any day of the week.
Of course CLT is mentioned and someone has to drag PHL through the mud.

My main beef with CLT is overcrowding and poor restaurant selection, which aren't issues I've had at PHL. I am usually in A/B/C/F and the terminals are fine, though never enough seating in B/C, but I don't like to sit before boarding anyway. PHL has great food options.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:21 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by bridge29
Of course CLT is mentioned and someone has to drag PHL through the mud. .
Connecting through PHL right now. My opinion has remained unchanged 😁
Old Feb 26, 2024, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369

DFW is a bit run down and meh/very old (shades of 1995) in most of its terminals, except for D.
I wonder if it has been a while since you last were at DFW? Terminals A&C were recently renovated and are much nicer now than a few years ago: clean, bright, spacious, decent food options. They are just as nice as D, now, in my opinion.

Terminals B&E were renovated somewhat earlier (~2015?), and the improvements were more superficial.
Earthman likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 9:34 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by saunders111
I wonder if it has been a while since you last were at DFW? Terminals A&C were recently renovated and are much nicer now than a few years ago: clean, bright, spacious, decent food options. They are just as nice as D, now, in my opinion.

Terminals B&E were renovated somewhat earlier (~2015?), and the improvements were more superficial.
Strange. I recently passed through DFW in December '23 and C was definitely run down/old-looking—not at all modern like D. Perhaps I was in a different area of C? My flight left from A and it was definitely not modern-looking. I had time so took a stroll through D, and that terminal was like night and day.
BWISkyGuy likes this.

Last edited by MrAndy1369; Feb 26, 2024 at 9:46 am
Old Feb 26, 2024, 10:35 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by saunders111

DFW's Terminal Renewal & Improvement Program (TRIP) kicked off with Terminal A starting in 2011. B & E were rehabbed after A, but terminal C is still pending its rehab -- so far it's just gotten paint and minor tweaks to hold it over until some other dependencies could be completed.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 10:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
If you think CLT is bad now, just remember that Spring Break season is nigh.

Old Feb 26, 2024, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bridge29
Of course CLT is mentioned and someone has to drag PHL through the mud.

My main beef with CLT is overcrowding and poor restaurant selection, which aren't issues I've had at PHL. I am usually in A/B/C/F and the terminals are fine, though never enough seating in B/C, but I don't like to sit before boarding anyway. PHL has great food options.
I agree the food options are better in PHL than in CLT (though my son likes the Bojangles in CLT), but Iím rarely connecting in PHL. Coffee is definitely better in PHL.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 11:20 am

No Dr. Pepper at the AC bar. My main and perhaps only complaint about CLT.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
Connecting through PHL right now. My opinion has remained unchanged 😁
Then start a thread on that topic

Just a reminder--this thread is about CLT.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:38 pm

Programs: AA- EXP UA - Silver SPG- PLT Marriott- PLT
to me, CLT represents US Air, which was an absolute trash airline. No one who was a legacy AA flyer wanted anything to with LUS. So anytime I hear CLT mentioned I think of the garbage airline that LUS was, and pretty much infiltrated AA with. LUS employees are notorious for upgrade shenanigans as well. Admirals Clubs are abysmal. They funnel traffic to Europe and don't have a flagship lounge. What a joke. LUS never had nice things, and that's basically what CLT is. An absolute dump. So CLT deserves every ounce of criticism.
Spiff, _kurt, AndyPok1 and 5 others like this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 5:01 am

Time to make PIT into a hub again...
Marykatesmom, Gerbs and sushanna1 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
DFW's Terminal Renewal & Improvement Program (TRIP) kicked off with Terminal A starting in 2011. B & E were rehabbed after A, but terminal C is still pending its rehab -- so far it's just gotten paint and minor tweaks to hold it over until some other dependencies could be completed.
Sorry for the misinfo re DFW refurbishment order! Clearly I don't know my alphabet...
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2024, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
DFW did an extension and made the high C gates (C36-39) very high end and modern, just like the low D gates. Unfortunately, the rest of C still looks old and run down and houses it's fair share of widebodies. DFW overall is still my favorite airport in the AA system, though.

My main issue with CLT which hasn't been mentioned much is the lack of showers in the admirals clubs and no FL, especially given how much international (TATL and Caribbean) traffic that airport gets. That, plus all the overcrowding issues, and the fact that every time I connect through there internationally I happen to get the one GE border agent who has to inspect every person's passport by hand.
BWISkyGuy likes this.

Last edited by bscooter26; Feb 27, 2024 at 8:41 am
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by chicagoflyer1976
to me, CLT represents US Air, which was an absolute trash airline. No one who was a legacy AA flyer wanted anything to with LUS. So anytime I hear CLT mentioned I think of the garbage airline that LUS was, and pretty much infiltrated AA with. LUS employees are notorious for upgrade shenanigans as well. Admirals Clubs are abysmal. They funnel traffic to Europe and don't have a flagship lounge. What a joke. LUS never had nice things, and that's basically what CLT is. An absolute dump. So CLT deserves every ounce of criticism.
Harsh but true.
Spiff and Marykatesmom like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.