Why do people dislike CLT so much?

Old Mar 11, 2024, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by FAA1996
F flight attendant addresses first class cabin: "I have a headache, will try to do beverage service, but I suggest you all go to sleep." ...?
If the headache was so debilitating that the FA couldn't do regular service, what would happen in an emergency??

Can you imagine if a surgeon said the equivalent a patient in pre-op? " It's a pretty easy procure, but I have a headache. I'll try to do it, but since you'll be asleep anyway, dont worry about it."
No professional could get away with saying anything remotely like that, nor would a true professional think to even say anything like that.
wrp96, FAA1996, Hoi polloi and 3 others like this.

Last edited by DataPlumber; Mar 11, 2024 at 8:58 pm
Old Mar 12, 2024, 6:41 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
If the headache was so debilitating that the FA couldn't do regular service, what would happen in an emergency??

Can you imagine if a surgeon said the equivalent a patient in pre-op? " It's a pretty easy procure, but I have a headache. I'll try to do it, but since you'll be asleep anyway, dont worry about it."
No professional could get away with saying anything remotely like that, nor would a true professional think to even say anything like that.
This is exactly what I thought, but just really wanted to get home, so didn't raise the issue. Luckily there was no emergency and we did get a beverage (served by another flight attendant).
Old Mar 12, 2024, 6:43 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by FAA1996
Landed 50 minutes ago and still mo gate. Rows of 2 planes behind each other waiting for Gates. Everytime it's like they're first time running an airport.

And we still havent had the pleasure of entering the s**t show that is the terminal. Can only pray an asteroid takes CLT out.
Forgot to mention that a lot of people were using the bathroom during our 60+ plus wait on the tarmac. The FAs kept making announcements claiming that we weren't moving because people we up and about the cabin "the captain is waiting for me to call him and tell him everyone is seated so we an move" of course everyone owidl sit and then wait 20+ for any movement, usually just parking somewhere else. Hate being lied to.
ConstellationClass likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 11:06 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jghassell
I hate this too. Every time we land on 18R/36L you can count on a 30+ minute taxi/wait/stop/taxi/stop/wait/taxi and then inevitably you can't enter the ramp area because there are planes waiting for other planes that haven't left the gate.
I mentioned upthread that we had an international connection and got reassurance that we should be fine. EXCEPT this happened to us - we landed on time and waited 55 minutes for our gate. My husband and I jogged to our connecting gate and got there about 5 minutes before the doors closed. At least we made our flight - I know other pax didnt make theirs.
Old May 2, 2024, 8:50 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, DL PM, Bonvoy Titanium (Plat Life), HH G, Amtrak, B6, MR
I've never been through CLT until a few months ago, and then flew out of there again yesterday. What a cluster....

On my earlier trip it was a connection with a late afternoon departure from CLT. The aircraft had been on the ground at CLT since the day before, obviously for some type of maintenance. Then it got pulled to the gate and still wasn't ready to go -- had to get cleaned and certified and catered. And then after everyone was on board, a mechanical issue and we couldn't go. Thankfully this was CLT and not some outstation and they got another aircraft. But overall probably a 2-3 hour delay as a result.

Yesterday I just couldn't believe the zoo that was CLT. Getting through security was a breeze, but that's where it ended. Crowds, crowds, crowds everywhere. When I got to my gate, at the end of concourse B, there was barely room to stand, never mind sit. There were what felt like 8 wheelchairs coming off the incoming flight, which arrived late, and at least that many coming on. No one from the wheelchair company to help these people, some of whom had to make connections which were now short because of the delayed incoming flight. And then as we finally get ready to board, everyone was crowding the gate area even more and lining up, ahead of the wheelchair people. I just couldn't believe it. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that at a US airport before.
Old May 2, 2024, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Does anyone know when the current expansion will be completed? What will it encompass? Will it relieve the hell hole traffic that exists now?
Old May 2, 2024, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by sxpsxpsxp
I've never been through CLT until a few months ago, and then flew out of there again yesterday. What a cluster....

On my earlier trip it was a connection with a late afternoon departure from CLT. The aircraft had been on the ground at CLT since the day before, obviously for some type of maintenance. Then it got pulled to the gate and still wasn't ready to go -- had to get cleaned and certified and catered. And then after everyone was on board, a mechanical issue and we couldn't go. Thankfully this was CLT and not some outstation and they got another aircraft. But overall probably a 2-3 hour delay as a result.

Yesterday I just couldn't believe the zoo that was CLT. Getting through security was a breeze, but that's where it ended. Crowds, crowds, crowds everywhere. When I got to my gate, at the end of concourse B, there was barely room to stand, never mind sit. There were what felt like 8 wheelchairs coming off the incoming flight, which arrived late, and at least that many coming on. No one from the wheelchair company to help these people, some of whom had to make connections which were now short because of the delayed incoming flight. And then as we finally get ready to board, everyone was crowding the gate area even more and lining up, ahead of the wheelchair people. I just couldn't believe it. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that at a US airport before.
It's a good thing that great is what AA is going for, because their status quo is horrendous.
Spiff likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXP (2MM), Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by EJRofChicago
Had my first CLT experience just two weeks ago. I-D connection on a Saturday evening with baggage. As others have noted spouse and I breezed through GE but then stuck around with everyone else waiting for bags. But once we had them it was re-check, TSA Pre-check, and straight to the under renovation Admirals Club where it was full but not at all noisy and we still found a two-top to ourselves and had 45 minutes to have a filling if unmemorable grab-and-go sandwich with some trail mix and a glass of wine and having nothing but positive interactions with staff throughout the club and airport. Like, a 10/10 connecting experience. Maybe it was beginner's luck?
Do they have TSA pre-check at the international connections checkpoint, or does one have to exit and use a "normal" checkpoint. (Will be doing an I-to-D connection tomorrow.)
Old May 2, 2024, 10:28 am

Programs: AA Exp
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
Do they have TSA pre-check at the international connections checkpoint, or does one have to exit and use a "normal" checkpoint. (Will be doing an I-to-D connection tomorrow.)
CLT does not have a separate international connections checkpoint, at least as of 3 weeks ago. You go up the escalators and get spit out in front of one of the TSA PreCheck checkpoints.
PlatinumScum likes this.
Old May 2, 2024, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by ConstellationClass
It's a good thing that great is what AA is going for, because their status quo is horrendous.
Well, AA isn't even going for greAAt anymore
Spiff and wrp96 like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 1:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I'm going through CLT next month on an I-D
Mercifully its DUB CLT MIA ,so no bags to collect or Cbp thanks to pre clearance at DUB,its a 3 hr connection,so is the AC still under construction,I will want to head straight there?
How busy is CLT and the AC in general at about 3 to 5pm ?
The flight over to MIA is showing up as 2hrs and 3 mins duration which I assume means only a drinks and nuts run ?
Can I access the flagship at MIA on arrival there before heading to the sheraton for the night prior to a 10 am flight to sju the following morning,I'm Ba gold ?
Being able to get a quick feed at that MIA flagship would be super,would I show my incoming DUB boarding pass for that or would my 10 am next morning sju boarding pass do the trick ?
sorry for the non CLT add on questions but I figured you guys would know ? Thanks
Old May 2, 2024, 1:42 pm

The gates are just too close together, its ridiculous!
Spiff, BWISkyGuy and jerseytom like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
That long-a** taxi from touchdown to gate!

"And to your left, you will see Charlotte's native pine and scrub trees. To your right, approximately 6 miles away, is the terminal. If you have a close connection, we certainly hope you are able to run. Thanks for choosing American Airlines."
Spiff, wrp96 and FAA1996 like this.
Old May 2, 2024, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by enviroian
Does anyone know when the current expansion will be completed? What will it encompass? Will it relieve the hell hole traffic that exists now?
the CLT development website doesn't list dates for Concourse B expansion (8-10 new gates) or Concourse C expansion (10-12 new gates)
Also doesnt list dates for Concourse E expansion

image of B/C expansion with full A buildout below.
TBD on new mezzanine level AA mega-club to replace current C/D club.
Plans for new club document is here and is discussed by a credit card blogger here.
Old May 3, 2024, 6:00 am

Programs: AA, Hertz, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by enviroian
Doubtful. My guess is that it will make it worse in many circumstances. They're going to be cramming even more people through the older infrastructure of the core gates and atrium... which, to my knowledge, aren't being expanded.
aj411, wrp96, ysolde and 1 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.