Photo ID now required at Admirals Clubs?

Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Photo ID now required at Admirals Clubs?

Currently at the DFW A club. On entry I scanned my boarding pass as Iíve done a hundred times before, but this time the AAgent said she also needed to see photo ID. I noticed a sign saying as much atop the check in desk and she mentioned this had just been put into place.

It was convenient not having to fish into my pocket for my ID, but I guess thatís another nice thing we canít have.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:26 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dpb132
Currently at the DFW A club. On entry I scanned my boarding pass as Iíve done a hundred times before, but this time the AAgent said she also needed to see photo ID. I noticed a sign saying as much atop the check in desk and she mentioned this had just been put into place.

It was convenient not having to fish into my pocket for my ID, but I guess thatís another nice thing we canít have.
I was there yesterday, wasn't asked for anything. A year or two ago they used to ask, but since they scanned it, I presume it pops up a picture of my ID instead.
dw likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by S80
I was there yesterday, wasn't asked for anything. A year or two ago they used to ask, but since they scanned it, I presume it pops up a picture of my ID instead.
Exactly. Not sure what changed.
view-with-a-room likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 10:38 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by S80
This. They can scan it and add it to your profile so you won't have to show it going forward. IIRC it's been this way for years, maybe just not enforced all the time.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 12:54 pm

Around the time that AA introduced the change where even members could only access the club with an AA or OW boarding pass (that was Nov 2019), they also started requiring photo ID or photo on file. Recently they've been more lax with it but it is technically a rule.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 12:57 pm

I have only ever been asked for ID at an AC twice, and both times it was last week at two different DFW ACs.
deeruck likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 1:24 pm

Programs: AA Exp
I had an AC agent take my picture a few years ago and have never been asked since. Also assumed it pops up when they scan my boarding pass
apeortdz, LovePrunes and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 1:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Was asked in CLT last week "have we scanned your license?" I said "I think so" and the AC agent hit some keys and said "yes, you did."

Perhaps there's an enforcement effort under way, causing them to double check.
dw likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Like others, an agent took my picture years ago, and I've never shown a photo ID since. It shows up as I've seen it on the screen. (It's worse than my DMV picture, but nonetheless it's there.)
BWISkyGuy and Hoi polloi like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:09 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Was asked for ID at both LGA and BOS ACs this past weekend. Agent said it's a new rule.
They didn't scan it or anything, just cross checked that the name matched I guess
becks1 likes this.

Last edited by S.R; Jan 29, 2024 at 2:16 pm
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
Terrific, more personal data for them to inevitably breach.
Spiff likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:18 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
I gave them my passport. They already have a scan of the barcode (or require the NFC read), so might as well just breach the same data twice.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by LowValueCustomer
They scanned mine 7 or 8 years ago... That was 2 licenses ago, and just about everything except my height (yet) has changed on it, including the whole ID number schema here. They can have it.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 3:05 pm
PeS

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, BA Gold
Also in Flagship - they required photo ID yesterday at DFW, for the first time since I transit there.
HaleiwaFlyer and becks1 like this.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Noticed the ID requirement a few weeks ago, then 2 weeks ago in Charlotte, they stopped asking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.