Photo ID now required at Admirals Clubs?

Old Feb 5, 2024, 8:39 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
At DFW two clubs had to produce ID. I asked whether they still had a copy of my driver's license and was told they have been instructed to ask for IDs from everyone entering.
At home base club have not been asked yet this year on multiple trips.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
Interestingly, I was the only person NOT asked to present ID at the PHL AC, even though I rarely use proper ACs. Weird.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ksucats
Another issue that may be in another thread somewhere, but since I just got home and haven't been on FT, I haven't seen it. DFW clubs are no longer selling food. I am guessing with the better free options the sales of their limited menu made it no longer worth it for them. My wife was disappointed as she is a picky eater and wanted to buy the quesadilla as she prefers that over most of their free options.
The DFW AC's haven't received the upgraded free food offerings yet. Also, they are in the midst of switching the concession contractor at DFW so the halt in food for sale may be due to that and temporary.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 8:21 am

When I checked into the DCA E Lounge yeserday, the agent said "Let me see if we've scanned your photo. Yes, there it is...welcome"
Old Feb 12, 2024, 1:21 pm

Over the past week, I stopped by ACs in SFO, PHX, DFW and AUS. No one asked for photo ID. Although the AAngel at DFW B told me that even though they have my photo in the system, they must now ask for a photo ID (though she didn't ask me for mine).
Old Feb 12, 2024, 3:15 pm

I hit about ten clubs last week, inconsistent at best, Lhr, no, Bos no, Lga yes, clt no, Lga second visit, yes, ord yes both times, Dca no, I asked at Lga and she said if you have a “current” photo they don’t need to ask, I asked how current is defined and how you get a current photo and she wasn’t sure
Old Feb 15, 2024, 10:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I asked in MCO if they had the scanner to add the photos (they don't in DCA and the AAngel there said I should just ask around because a few random stations have the scanners) - the MCO AAngel said "no we don't have them here, but they are really pushing us to ask for IDs these days! I didn't ask for yours because I know you, but most will ask now."
Old Feb 16, 2024, 6:43 am

Programs: AA-EXP
At CLT last week (B club on outbound, C club on return) both specifically mentioned that they had my photo on file and so did not need to see ID.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 11:10 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
A few days ago at the JFK Soho club, no ID was needed, although I think a BA agent scanned me in (was flying AA fwiw).
Old Feb 16, 2024, 4:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
My wife was asked for ID when we entered the PHX lounge this afternoon. Apparently it’s always been policy but they are now enforcing it. The staff don’t like it any more than the customers do!
Old Feb 16, 2024, 6:38 pm

Programs: AA ConciergeKey; Hyatt Globalist
Dfw club in terminal A today did not require ID from me or my wife.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
OP here.

The inconsistency is infuriating.

How can this not be a binary requirement (or non-requirement) at all clubs?
Old Feb 16, 2024, 7:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
IAH/DFW yes. DEN did not.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 8:04 pm

Programs: DL(PM), UA(Silver), AA(EXP) Marriott(Ti), HH(Gold), Hertz(PC)
I find this thread about having to show credentials to get into a club absolutely fascinating.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2024, 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by dpb132
OP here.

The inconsistency is infuriating.

How can this not be a binary requirement (or non-requirement) at all clubs?
infuriating?
really?

You show your ID for things in life buying things, going into bars, at TSA, at bag counter, at the ABC store, at the bank, ... ALL. THE. TIME.
What's the big deal?

seems like people are over reacting. Sometimes you show it, sometimes you don't. No big deal to most of us.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.