Photo ID now required at Admirals Clubs?

Old Jan 29, 2024, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by EDnearJQF
Perhaps there's an enforcement effort under way, causing them to double check.
Not in any way a new rule, but new enforcement effort sounds about right.
Old Jan 29, 2024, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA EP, Marriott Gold
visited the AC in terminal A at DFW this past Saturday and everyone was being asked for an ID (there was quite the line when I arrived). agent said it's policy and now being enforced. was in ORD earlier in the day and was not asked. PHX the night before, was not asked. Į\_(ツ)_/Į
Old Jan 30, 2024, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
I have never been asked an ID/passport at DFW, but asked for multiple times for an ID/passport at CLT and RDU.
Don't recall being asked anywhere else.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 6:14 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Wyndham Gold, GE/CLEAR
Are they doing this at the FL's too or just the AC's?
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:02 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United 1K, Delta Platinum ,Hilton Diamond, Mariott Gold
Sorry, most likely my fault.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:21 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by keyw
Sorry, most likely my fault.
Ha! Good to see you back.

Honestly I figured this was just another round of them getting the photo database updated, but it seems there are accounts of members that already had their photo on file (from the campaign several years ago) being required to show ID so there may be other reasons, such as combatting fraudulent entries.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
They scanned mine 7 or 8 years ago... That was 2 licenses ago, and just about everything except my height (yet) has changed on it, including the whole ID number schema here. They can have it.
Theyíve had my DL on file for over a decade and no issues. The people who generally are most concerned about this are the ones with poorest personal protections in place
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 8:42 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
There have been reports on the interwebs for a couple of months now that clubs are asking for IDs again. Personally, I haven't been asked to show an ID since my DL was scanned years ago but maybe I've been lucky so far. I'm guessing there's a new enforcement initiative in place.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 9:03 am

I don't understand what problem this is solving since AA already scans boarding passes and there has already been ID to boarding pass verification to get into the terminal. Is there an issue with people doing passbacks of boarding passes to their friends or something like that?
PowerLu likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by Check
I don't understand what problem this is solving since AA already scans boarding passes and there has already been ID to boarding pass verification to get into the terminal. Is there an issue with people doing passbacks of boarding passes to their friends or something like that?
Definitely... That's exactly the problem this solves for. You can also screenshot or reprint the boarding pass as many times as you like for distribution, so there needs to be some kind of check on who exactly is holding that QR code for entry.
Zacnlinc, Tack and Check like this.

Last edited by BWISkyGuy; Jan 30, 2024 at 9:19 am
Old Jan 30, 2024, 9:14 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Check
Yes. I've seen this many times with friends and family. It's an easy loophole (if not enforced) to get more into the club than would otherwise be allowed.
Check likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 9:51 am

I visited the DFW D and ORD H/K AC two weeks ago, and the DCA E club on Saturday. Not asked for ID at any of those.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:04 pm

Programs: Alaska Air Miles
Iíve been to the Admirals Club, MIA D-30, North Terminal, Concourse D every week for the last few weeks. Today was the first time I saw signs on each of the check-in desks that said photo ID was required. I showed them my driverís license and I think they were just verifying the name to match the boarding pass.
Old Jan 30, 2024, 5:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro
Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Are they doing this at the FL's too or just the AC's?
Sign was out at DFW FL today and I did need to show my ID. However, I had my AA number in and used my BAEC status to access it on a domestic F ticket, so I expected to have to show. The AAngel confirmed though that ID was required for entrance if you qualified with your AAdvantage number in too. Take that for whatís it worth. Cheers.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 10:46 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Not required at ORD or JFK today (although as I've said previously, they have a scan of my ID on file)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.