Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AAdvantage eShopping / Cartera Questions / Discussion / Vendors / Issues

Old Jan 13, 2024, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: notquiteaff
AAdvantage eShoppping by Cartera Commerce
Using, earning miles, problems, etc. (Consolidated thread)

American Airlines is not the contact for Cartera / AAdvantage eShopping .

AAdvantage eShopping FAQs and an e-contact form can be found via the "Contact Us" link at the bottom left corner of the home page.

If you have trouble getting purchases to track, there's also a browser extension to help.

Cartera website: http://www.cartera.com

Cartera Commerce, Inc.
One Cranberry Hill
Lexington, Massachusetts 02421

Tel. (781) 541-6800 Fax: (781) 541-6801

For general inquiries, please contact [email protected] or 888.456.6255
MODERATOR GUIDEPOST (Please do not alter contents following)

This thread is the sole thread to address issues with AAdvantage eShopping (operated by Cartera Commerce). Other queries or complaints will invariably end up merged into this thread. All posts must comply with FlyerTalk Guidelines and Rules / TOS, or may be summarily deleted or edited by moderators.

A related article, highlighting an interview of Cartera Commerce CEO Tom Bercher, is "Secrets of Cartera Commerce Revealed: Inside the Company that Brings You Miles for Online Shopping" by Gary Leff on March 3, 2014. Link.

As described in this thread, AAdvantage Shopping now offers a downloadable button installable on your desktop (not mobile) device to facilitate e-shopping. Link.

Older posts may be read at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...or-consol.html

Notes about Giftcards.com:
  • A separate thread exists for discussing Giftcards.com and likely has more data points than this generic thread.
  • Purchases from giftcards.com earn miles on the first $2,000 spent in the named calendar month, meaning for example between March 1st and March 31st. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • Giftcards.com has had various limits over the years, and it was always by calendar month.
  • Some data points show the $2,000 monthly limit is not always enforced. [Note: as of Aug 2023, the $2k limit is per order, not per purchase]
  • In 2022, larger orders track more slowly, and you may need to wait a full month to see miles. Strong advice from the thread is to make multiple small purchases (say under $300) rather than large ones to avoid the dreaded "manual review"
Recent periods when gc.com offered more than 1X:

02/02/2024 - 02/03/2024 3am EST: 3X
03/19/2024 - 03/20/2024 3pm-ish EDT : 3X
04/10/2024 - : 1.5X

(Copied from the LP thread wiki): Once you click through the AAdvantage eShopping portal to a vendor offer and make a purchase, you will eventually get the associated miles posted to your AAdvantage account as both redeemable miles and Loyalty Points. If the merchant advertises an increase in the miles per dollar spent, you'll earn the higher amount in both redeemable miles and an equal number of Loyalty Points. The same applies if a merchant advertises a higher fixed amount per purchase, rather than a per dollar amount. Examples of this would appear on the portal as, "Extra miles. Was 1 mile/$. Now earn 3 miles/$" or "Extra miles. Was up to 3700 miles. Now up to 6200 miles." However, if the website advertises a "Limited-time bonus offer" for "bonus miles" after meeting a spending threshold, that bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points. If a bonus is offered for some site-wide activity such as 1000 miles for installing an extension, or 500 miles for enrolling in the portal, or 2000 miles for meeting a spending threshold across multiple merchants, the bonus will only post as redeemable miles and not Loyalty Points.

Some anti-virus software silently blocks tracking, and you may want to consider disabling it for your purchase.

------------------------------------------------

Archived posts can be found here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-archive.html

Print Wikipost

Old Dec 11, 2023, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Drwaz99
I've noticed with Macy's that the order tracking on AA Shopping will stay blank until Macy's ships the items (usually a day or two after they ship) and then post fairly quickly once it shows up.
Originally Posted by nk15
Macy's is 10x/$ today. I tracked quickly for me.
What’s the latest Macy’s tracking behavior? It’s been 12+ hr since I made a purchase and order hasn’t been tracked yet. Wondering if I should try again on a different browser.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 5:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I am only using Chrome incognito with third party cookies enabled and I am at 100% quick tracking, over dozens of orders...
Old Dec 11, 2023, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
I am only using Chrome incognito with third party cookies enabled and I am at 100% quick tracking, over dozens of orders...
Macy’s?
Old Dec 11, 2023, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by econ
Macy’s?
My one Macy's order tracked and posted to AA.com in 3 days.
Old Dec 11, 2023, 9:20 pm

My one Macy's order tracked and posted to AA.com in 3 days.
I’ve had good luck with Macys except on one large 10x order. from BF week. They split the order per the 3 shipments and all three tracked but only two posted. It is now being researched and I should find out in 8 weeks.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 12:45 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium

Originally Posted by econ
What’s the latest Macy’s tracking behavior? It’s been 12+ hr since I made a purchase and order hasn’t been tracked yet. Wondering if I should try again on a different browser.
I buy quite a bit of stuff from Macy's when the miles are high and they only track a day or so after they ship and then post pretty quickly after that. If they split the order to ship, you'll get multiple tracking notices from AAshopping.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 8:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by eagleaa
For the past 1 month, Dell.com and giftcards.com have not been tracked.. so I had to submit request manually each time and I am still waiting for the reply. No incognito mode, a third party cookie enabled. No email notifiction for tracked orders. For other various retailers, I do not have any issues getting order tracked so I don't think it is an issue with my browser settings.
Finally Dell posted miles after contacting support. It took like 6 weeks.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 9:00 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
That's for giftcards.com? My most recent order (12/8) shows as pending in the "Recent Transactions" tab. Only $250, but I only by cards as needed as long as it's 1X.

All my Black Friday/Cyber Whateverday purchases from various stores in late November have posted without any issues, too.
Originally Posted by eagleaa
For the past 1 month, Dell.com and giftcards.com have not been tracked.. so I had to submit request manually each time and I am still waiting for the reply. No incognito mode, a third party cookie enabled. No email notifiction for tracked orders. For other various retailers, I do not have any issues getting order tracked so I don't think it is an issue with my browser settings.
These are purchases for goods from Mr Porter, Crutchfield, and Matches Fashion -- so no gift cards.

They are showing correctly on the Recent Store Visits page as a Sale with the Transaction numbers and such but they just aren't posting in time.
Old Dec 12, 2023, 2:33 pm

I have given up on Blue Apron points.. I have gone back and forth so many times and they just keep posting a million conditions. I was thinking about keeping their service but canceled on principle
Old Dec 13, 2023, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I strongly suspect that 3x is gone for good.
It is a shame that we may end up with this qualification period with only one 5-week stretch of gc being at 3x. I think we have to start planning to re-qualify with this reality. For me it will likely mean that I will only be able to get to 200k, instead of 250k.

By my calculations, it will take me an extra $1k spend to reach 250k from 200k, booking hotels. Because I would choose the 60k miles as my two rewards, in essence, I will be buying 100k miles (RDMs) at 1 cpm. Sounds like a great deal that I should be pursuing, but I am still ambivalent if I should fork the cash. I probably should/will, though. Except that I may still be holding out for a 3x period. Tough choices....

One of my regrets now is that I didn't go all in on gc in September, and probably left 20-30k LPs on the table...Because I thought the 3x will last longer, and did not want to overdo it at the time. But now this reluctance will cost $500.

Last edited by nk15; Dec 13, 2023 at 4:58 am
Old Dec 13, 2023, 5:49 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
It is a shame that we may end up with this qualification period with only one 5-week stretch of gc being at 3x. I think we have to start planning to re-qualify with this reality. For me it will likely mean that I will only be able to get to 200k, instead of 250k.

By my calculations, it will take me an extra $1k spend to reach 250k from 200k, booking hotels. Because I would choose the 60k miles as my two rewards, in essence, I will be buying 100k miles (RDMs) at 1 cpm. Sounds like a great deal that I should be pursuing, but I am still ambivalent if I should fork the cash. I probably should/will, though. Except that I may still be holding out for a 3x period. Tough choices....

One of my regrets now is that I didn't go all in on gc in September, and probably left 20-30k LPs on the table...Because I thought the 3x will last longer, and did not want to overdo it at the time. But now this reluctance will cost $500.
On the other hand, it could be worse…. Gc.com could again disappear completely.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:56 am

Location: DFW from PDX - UA 1K 2MM,Lifetime HHonnors Diamond, Bonvoy AMB/LT Tit, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Question

First time trying this, but I bought a bunch of things at Nike using the link and Chrome Add-in. It popped up and said you earned miles, etc. When I go to activity in the portal, it does not show up. How long does it take?
Old Dec 14, 2023, 2:29 am

Marriott is 10x today which is by far the highest I've seen it in years.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 5:00 am

Originally Posted by Drwaz99
Marriott is 10x today which is by far the highest I've seen it in years.
Dumb question but when you book a hotel stay through the shopping portal does it matter when your stay is? For example, I go through today and book a stay for January. If the points drop by then, do I still receive the 10 points or whatever it is for my actual stay dates? Thanks!
Old Dec 14, 2023, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by flyrsphl27
Dumb question but when you book a hotel stay through the shopping portal does it matter when your stay is? For example, I go through today and book a stay for January. If the points drop by then, do I still receive the 10 points or whatever it is for my actual stay dates? Thanks!
You'll get the points that they were the day you booked your reservation. So if you book today for January (or Feb or March or whenever), you'll get 10x points (just be sure to read the T&C, Marriott does exclude some things).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.