Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old May 28, 2024, 8:54 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by FlightNurse
When did meat become a Vegetarian option?
Per usual, AA is a few years late to the game. I think these fake meat ultra processed products have started falling out of favor? Turns out vegetarians don’t really want fake meat… and meat eaters would rather just have regular meat.

AA currently seems to have fake meat dishes for: pasta, Asian noddle bowl, and stuffed red pepper.
Old May 28, 2024, 9:04 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dw
Per usual, AA is a few years late to the game. I think these fake meat ultra processed products have started falling out of favor? Turns out vegetarians don’t really want fake meat… and meat eaters would rather just have regular meat.

AA currently seems to have fake meat dishes for: pasta, Asian noddle bowl, and stuffed red pepper.
I have several vegetarian friends who all seek out restaurants that offer the meat alternative products (which are usually bean-based). We've had three restaurants open up within 4 blocks of my home in the last six months that only serve non-meat alternatives. It's definitely not falling out of favor, at least in my neck of the woods.
Old May 28, 2024, 9:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by dw

I have a vegan sister-in-law, and we have taco Tuesday when I'm in town. The fake meat isn't bad, she brings her vegas cheese and sour cream. Before you knock the fake meat, try the impossible burger and burger king.

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
I have several vegetarian friends who all seek out restaurants that offer the meat alternative products (which are usually bean-based). We've had three restaurants open up within 4 blocks of my home in the last six months that only serve non-meat alternatives. It's definitely not falling out of favor, at least in my neck of the woods.
I agree here, if AA is serving fake meat they should say that,
Old May 28, 2024, 11:17 am

Programs: AS 100K
This is not a low Glycemic breakfast, you needed to ask the FA.
oh well, next time.
Old May 28, 2024, 1:31 pm

A decent meal in domestic first class Miami to LGA. Was I supposed to be served ice cream in a glass? All I got was a small chocolate bar. :/

funnyfarm299 likes this.
Old May 28, 2024, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy LT Titanium, HH Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by michael1023
A decent meal in domestic first class Miami to LGA. Was I supposed to be served ice cream in a glass? All I got was a small chocolate bar. :/
No ice Cream as it not long enough

Last edited by JY1024; May 29, 2024 at 7:51 am Reason: Removed quoted pic for readability
Old May 28, 2024, 5:19 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
I think the FA or the ground staff constructed your tray wrong. The chocolate bar is supposed to be the dessert compliment to the golden chicken or grain bowl healthy options while other meals get a cake of some sort, but the starter dip is typical of sub 1300 mi meals, so at least they got that correct.
funnyfarm299 likes this.

Last edited by JY1024; May 29, 2024 at 7:52 am Reason: Removed quoted pic for readability
Old May 28, 2024, 9:08 pm

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
I have a vegan sister-in-law, and we have taco Tuesday when I'm in town. The fake meat isn't bad, she brings her vegas cheese and sour cream. Before you knock the fake meat, try the impossible burger and burger king.

I agree here, if AA is serving fake meat they should say that,
AA notes on the meal selection page that it is an alternative or plant-based “meat” option (can’t recall which one).
Old May 29, 2024, 8:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
No, ice cream/cheese desserts are only served on 1300+ mile flights (with sundaes/cheese on 2200+ mile transcons). As MIA-LGA is 1096 miles, this falls way under the 1300 mile parameter. Weird, as the route seems longer than that, but it is what it is.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old May 29, 2024, 5:33 pm

Are people still seeing snack baskets on 500-899 mile domestic first flights during meal times? I haven't seen one in a while and seem to only be getting those single prepackaged bags of nuts on flights, even on an 800+ mile flight during dinner hours recently.
Old May 29, 2024, 7:22 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Yes. Got the pathetic snack basket on DEN-PHX earlier this week.
Old May 29, 2024, 7:30 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Does it still have Chips Ahoy? I was pretty shocked to see that in the premium transcon snack baskets this spring. Real premium, AA!

(Meanwhile DL has Michel & Augustin chocolate and short bread cookies for their F snack baskets, which are so good when I saw them at Whole Foods recently, I may have purchased several packs…)
lrdpenn likes this.
Old May 29, 2024, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I had the AM snack basket...and selected rice puffs. The same snacks I ate when I was 5 years old.
dw likes this.
Old May 29, 2024, 7:59 pm

Is it sad that I'm jealous you had the pathetic snack basket? Better than a single package of pre-packaged nuts with about 10 nuts in it.
Old May 29, 2024, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by dw
Does it still have Chips Ahoy? I was pretty shocked to see that in the premium transcon snack baskets this spring.
I had the AM snack basket...and selected rice puffs.
All AA is missing is some starburst and juicyfruit. LOL.

I saw the chips ahoy appear in the international meals thread recently so I guess these "treats" remain the same.
dw likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.