Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old May 14, 2024, 3:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by anc-ord772
AA bot said thanks and we’ll try harder next time.
Reply to the email so that you get a real agent who will actually read your message and deliver the feedback appropriately.
Old May 17, 2024, 2:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I can't remember... is it possible to pre-order on regional (American Eagle) flights with a meal service?

-FlyerBeek
Old May 17, 2024, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AA Million Miles, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
I can't remember... is it possible to pre-order on regional (American Eagle) flights with a meal service?

-FlyerBeek
No.

Regional jet meals are uniformly terrible boxes of shelf-stable snacks and random poor quality cold "fresh" items. Bring your own.
FlyerBeek, AAway, wrp96 and 1 others like this.
Old May 17, 2024, 3:34 pm

Meal pre-order is available now again for the LAX-MIA red-eye on widebody Flagship
wrp96 and ValleyEarl like this.
Old May 18, 2024, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
On my forthcoming F transcon, I have the option of the lamb cutlet with pistachio pesto. Can anyone comment on it or have a photo? I saw a lamb chops photo in the 2023 thread but do not know if it is the same dish! Thanks.
Old May 18, 2024, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by niji248
Meal pre-order is available now again for the LAX-MIA red-eye on widebody Flagship
Nice. I also noticed my July red eye has changed from refreshments to dinner. I knew it was a glitch but still nice seeing it say dinner.

The offer to move to F is outrageous given there is absolutely nothing to differentiate it on the ground at either end (FFD not open for 7 hours after arrival). And no soup course in F anyways on the red eye.
Old May 18, 2024, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by NWplatinum
This comment came off a little Islamophobic. Could you try to be more sensitive to those of us who keep Halal?
I don't understand. I say this as someone who keeps kosher. How is not knowing what the meal is Islamaphobic? This comment could be the exact same for vegetarian, diabetic, kosher. The saying is you know what you are getting with the golden chicken. If you order (insert any other vague alternative choice) you have no idea what you are getting because it's whatever they bring on the plane. You can literally sub ANY alternative meal option term, like Kosher, in that sentence. Has zero to do with religion or class or culture, etc.
​​​​
​​
ysolde and hhdl like this.
Old May 18, 2024, 10:47 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
On my forthcoming F transcon, I have the option of the lamb cutlet with pistachio pesto. Can anyone comment on it or have a photo? I saw a lamb chops photo in the 2023 thread but do not know if it is the same dish! Thanks.
I had it a few months ago JFK-LAX and remember it being quite good. IIRC the presentation was similar to that lamb chops photo in last year’s thread, as I was looking for a photo prior to my flight as well

I do have it pre ordered for my SNA-JFK on Monday so will report back!
orbitmic and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old May 19, 2024, 8:07 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by S.R
I had it a few months ago JFK-LAX and remember it being quite good. IIRC the presentation was similar to that lamb chops photo in last year’s thread, as I was looking for a photo prior to my flight as well

I do have it pre ordered for my SNA-JFK on Monday so will report back!
That’s right. My wife had it last weekend and it looked similar to prior iterations.

I would attempt to specify when you’d like it pulled from the oven. She felt that hers was too rare (I thought it was good!) and the person in front of her said his was inedible as it was too overcooked.
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 19, 2024, 12:42 pm

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Thanks both! Including for the tip on cooking time, though I'll admit that so far, I have been overwhelmingly unlucky in asking AA crew to not hugely overcook my meals!
ryanbriar likes this.
Old May 19, 2024, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Thanks both! Including for the tip on cooking time, though I'll admit that so far, I have been overwhelmingly unlucky in asking AA crew to not hugely overcook my meals!
The meals are all pre-cooked, so the FAs are just reheating it in what is usually a steam oven.
Old May 20, 2024, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
The meals are all pre-cooked, so the FAs are just reheating it in what is usually a steam oven.
I know, but how long they leave it in there matters as obviously "reheating" still keeps cooking. The most obvious case is steak (in my experience, KE and JL crew are the best at varying the time they leave it in depending on the cooking point desired!) but it affects all meats and fish. In my experience, AA crew are perhaps less bothered than some others about individualising times, and perhaps also more worried than some about health and safety.
cmd320 and ValleyEarl like this.
Old May 20, 2024, 3:35 pm
S.R

Programs: EK Platinum, AA EXP, BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Here’s a photo of todays lamb cutlets
it was quite good again. I didn’t specify temperature but it was cooked to my liking. Probably closer to medium well

Old May 20, 2024, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I know, but how long they leave it in there matters as obviously "reheating" still keeps cooking. The most obvious case is steak (in my experience, KE and JL crew are the best at varying the time they leave it in depending on the cooking point desired!) but it affects all meats and fish. In my experience, AA crew are perhaps less bothered than some others about individualising times, and perhaps also more worried than some about health and safety.
I'm not sure how much the steam really cooks the food, though. I can remember once on NW where the chicken dishes were loaded uncooked by accident. The FA left them in the oven for a long time to try to cook them after the first passenger who got one told her, but she eventually gave up as they weren't cooking.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old May 21, 2024, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
I'm not sure how much the steam really cooks the food, though. I can remember once on NW where the chicken dishes were loaded uncooked by accident. The FA left them in the oven for a long time to try to cook them after the first passenger who got one told her, but she eventually gave up as they weren't cooking.
I think DL has steam ovens

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.