Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Jan 9, 2024, 9:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Delete

Last edited by NWplatinum; Jan 9, 2024 at 9:18 pm
Old Jan 9, 2024, 9:12 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
I ordered the Muslim meal. Not sure on that choice unless others have a better idea. Was considering gluten free which would ensure an omelette. What is a Halal breakfast anyway?
Gluten Free definitely does not ensure an omlette!
Old Jan 9, 2024, 9:16 pm

I know the Kosher domestic F is popular for breakfast. Has anyone tried the Halal meal for breakfast? If so what is it generally?
Old Jan 9, 2024, 10:29 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
I know the Kosher domestic F is popular for breakfast. Has anyone tried the Halal meal for breakfast? If so what is it generally?
Guide: AA SPML - Special Meal (vegetarian, gluten intolerant, child, etc.)

I think you're overthinking it a bit much, no one knows what the exact contents will be. So you can choose the devil you know or the devil you don't and fill us in on the Halal meal.
donotblink and Hoi polloi like this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by safari ari
Guide: AA SPML - Special Meal (vegetarian, gluten intolerant, child, etc.)

I think you're overthinking it a bit much, no one knows what the exact contents will be. So you can choose the devil you know or the devil you don't and fill us in on the Halal meal.
If no one has a picture of a breakfast halal meal ever on AA I will inform everyone.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
If no one has a picture of a breakfast halal meal ever on AA I will inform everyone.
I may have had it last year from JFK-MIA after staying in Jamaica, I’m pretty sure it was some sort of muesli with berries. It may be in the 2022 food thread.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by safari ari
I may have had it last year from JFK-MIA after staying in Jamaica, I’m pretty sure it was some sort of muesli with berries. It may be in the 2022 food thread.
thanks. Then kosher it is.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:21 am

Programs: Bonvoy Amb LTT, HHonors Diamond, AA ExPlat, United Silver
Question kosher breakfast?

Can anyone describe what is on the kosher breakfast. Have seen several comments that it is popular. Might be a good thing to try.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:47 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
I agree about the salmon... I find it one of the better breakfast options. Just to add a visual from a recent DCA-PHX flight...

Biscuits and more bagels were also offered from the bread basket, in case you wanted more carbs (or wanted to make a smoked salmon biscuit). LSG gifted a few of us with plastic cutlery after they ran out, but all of the frittata people and some of the salmon diners onboard got regular silverware.
Do the frittata and smoked salmon come with bread? Nobody received any bread on my last breakfast flight. I chose the frittata as I always prefer a hot meal and I was hoping for a bread basket but none ever came so I thought that’s how those meals were served and didn’t want to rock the boat by asking the FA.
NWplatinum likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 7:34 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by ceebee100
Do the frittata and smoked salmon come with bread? Nobody received any bread on my last breakfast flight. I chose the frittata as I always prefer a hot meal and I was hoping for a bread basket but none ever came so I thought that’s how those meals were served and didn’t want to rock the boat by asking the FA.
It just depends on the flight length, like the other entrees. The bread basket is only offered domestically on flights over 1,300 miles, so flights 1,299 and under get something pre-plated on the tray (which is not always bread-ish). I've only had the salmon on longer flights personally, but I think I saw someone post a picture of it from a 900-1,299 mile flight and it had a pre-packaged bagel on the bread plate. All the shorter breakfast flights I've had though have had something more appropriate to be served cold, like a pastry or scone.
dw and ceebee100 like this.

Last edited by BWISkyGuy; Jan 10, 2024 at 11:32 am
Old Jan 10, 2024, 7:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
It just depends on the flight length, like the other entrees. The bread basket is only offered domestically on flights over 1,300 miles, so flights 1,299 and under get something pre-plated on the tray (which is not always bread-ish). I've only had the salmon on longer flights personally, but I think I saw someone post a picture of it from a 900-1,1299 mile flight and it had a pre-packaged bagel on the bread plate. All the shorter breakfast flights I've had though have had something more appropriate to be served cold, like a pastry or scone.
Makes sense. Thanks.
It was IND-MIA and my seat neighbor had the salmon and there was no prepackaged bagel or anything on his either.
It would be nice for AA catering to include some sort of prepackaged bagel for the smoked salmon and a croissant for the frittata.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Reima
How was it? I am planning to have it in a couple of weeks on CLT to IAH.
I had it on 12/31 flying HNL-PHX at 11:30pm. I liked it, although it was midnight so my judgement may be a bit off.
Reima likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:28 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
1/9/2024, AA2104, MSP-DFW, Snack?

This was a pleasant surprise. MSP-DFW is only 853 miles, so 47 miles too short for a meal, but aa.com states that this route should get a snack box. But cheese platters were catered for First. Not sure if this was a miscater or not but I'll take what I can get. This is much better and more substantial than the snack basket grub. Anyone had any experiences like this on similar length flights lately or did I just get lucky?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 10:32 am

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
1/9/2024, AA679, DFW-JAX, Dinner

Pre ordered the short rib with green peppercorn sauce here. Last time I did this route a few weeks ago, this was the setup posted on the menu, but ended up with a side of a twice baked potato instead of the mac and cheese, but got the actual mac and cheese setup this time. This meal was great with the potato setup last time, and it was great again this time. I'd say I like this one better because of the mac and cheese part. Really awesome service up in First on this leg too, great flight.
hurnik, apeortdz and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by lrdpenn
I was not a fan of the side dish ... it's a cold shrimp marinated in tumeric(?). I don't know how/why it is yellow. I didn't really eat it. I guess it's better than the broccoli salad. That was bad.
The shrimp was yellow because it was marinated in tumeric, a very yellow spice.

I actually liked the broccoli salad, but I'm a big broccoli fan. I can see where it doesn't appeal to everyone.
hurnik and BWISkyGuy like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.