Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Apr 15, 2024, 6:19 pm

Kona Meals

Anyone with recent experience on AA first class out of KOA? Daytime 5+ hour flight to California, itís listed as ďrefreshments.Ē Catering out of KOA is hit or miss depending on the year, United double caters their flights for first class. Curious if AA really does not serve food in first class on a flight that long.
Segments likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Hyatt Globalist, DL Silv, Hilton Dim, Marriot Gld, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Hammer0425
Anyone with recent experience on AA first class out of KOA? Daytime 5+ hour flight to California, itís listed as ďrefreshments.Ē Catering out of KOA is hit or miss depending on the year, United double caters their flights for first class. Curious if AA really does not serve food in first class on a flight that long.
Refreshments = snack basket + drink. Double catering would be too expensive for the tAAcky.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 7:12 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold75, United Mileageplus
CLT-BOS last week (1843, 8:25PM departure) half of the snack basket was just the pretzels from coach. Not sure if it was a catering error or if that is the new normal. Definitely glad I was in row 1. Compared to the Envoy snack basket out of ORD it was pretty pathetic.
hurnik likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:01 am

I searched for ANC, Anchorage, and Alaska with no success about the meals ex-ANC. I wonder whether these are double catered from DFW. AS is a mjor player, so maybe local catering? Any experiences? I may just have dinner at the ariport or nearby, then skip the on-board meal and sleep.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:10 am

Has AA always offered more than two meal options for domestic first?

Iím traveling in domestic first next month and for the first time ever, I was offered 6 meal options. I fly domestic first regularly and this is the first time Iíve been offered more than two pre-order options. Someone on Reddit said theyíve always been given 6 options, but thatís not the case for me or my friend. He even has screenshots of past pre-order options (with only two). So my question ..: is this new for domestic flights or am I losing my mind? lol
Old Apr 17, 2024, 11:53 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
DFW-LAX

Mediterranean bowl

It tasted more South Asian than Mediterranean
Old Apr 17, 2024, 12:31 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by TheFlyGuy2
I’m traveling in domestic first next month and for the first time ever, I was offered 6 meal options. I fly domestic first regularly and this is the first time I’ve been offered more than two pre-order options. Someone on Reddit said they’ve always been given 6 options, but that’s not the case for me or my friend. He even has screenshots of past pre-order options (with only two). So my question ..: is this new for domestic flights or am I losing my mind? lol
It rolled out over the winter, IIRC... So I wouldn't call it "new" since it's been around for months, but that's correct, it hasn't always been that way. They're still loading two options for onsite selection, though, so we're just talking about pre-orders.

It's also not incorrect that AA has done this before, though... Pre-Covid, AA had additional non-dietary pre-order options, but the selection is larger and more robust this time around. [Edited to add: The wellness means were originally designed as additional pre-order options as well, before they were mostly folded into existing cycles... So that might be part of the confusion.]
TheFlyGuy2 likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2024, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by headinclouds
I searched for ANC, Anchorage, and Alaska with no success about the meals ex-ANC. I wonder whether these are double catered from DFW. AS is a mjor player, so maybe local catering? Any experiences? I may just have dinner at the ariport or nearby, then skip the on-board meal and sleep.
No it's not double catered
Old Apr 18, 2024, 7:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, National Exec, Hertz PC, Nexus
Originally Posted by TropicalTripper
Flight: AA4276(Republic)
Aircraft: ERJ-175
Route: TUL-DCA
Meal: Dinner
Seat: 1D (First Class)

The TUL-DCA flight was lackluster. The F/A did the bare minimum. There was no PDB, though we were a couple minutes late with boarding. It took a while for her to get drinks out after takeoff, and cocktails were pre-mixed in the galley and dropped without the can, minis, stir, or lime garnish. She offered one refill later in the flight and inexplicably brought it to me in a plastic cup rather than refilling the glass my first drink was in. The flight was also billed as a 'dinner' service, which should've included a box comparable to the one served LAX-TUL. The F/A brought out a basket containing only pretzels an Biscoffs, making no acknowledgement of the missing dinner. I didn't ask about it. Most of the flight she hid behind the galley curtain and only helped her colleague in coach by making a couple trash runs.
I wrote customer care about the lack of meal on this flight and they gave me 10,000 miles, which is surprisingly generous. I got 15,000 miles when I had to sleep on the floor of MIA a couple years ago when my flight to BOG was delayed overnight and no hotels were available, although I may have only been Gold or Platinum at the time and I think status is a factor in compensation. This TUL-DCA flight was part of an LAX-TUL-DCA redemption, which I got for 9,000-miles (the day after Easter no less), so basically I got a free transcon and 1,000 miles out of this.
Old Apr 18, 2024, 9:50 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
AUS catering strikes again. Yesterday it was no hot towels or nuts or special meals loaded for a mainline flight to ORD. Several months ago no meals at all were loaded for the ORD flight and we got our choice of pretzels or Biscoffs. Sometime last year my Asian Veg meal was catered but came with a breast of chicken. Coupled with glacial speed of baggage delivery and no progress on a desperately needed Admirals Club replacement I'm thinking that AA ops there could use a management shakeup.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 1:47 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
ORD-SFO Dinner

Pre-ordered the chicken shawarma. It was fine and I had some food in the FL ahead of time given we were an hour delayed. Other option was pasta. The side salad allows for a chicken salad if youíre not a fan of the rice (Iíve done that a couple of times).

Quick and attentive service from the FA throughout flight

funnyfarm299 and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Apr 19, 2024, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA
CLT-DEN on 2024-04-18 :: Chicken Parm

As a native of the great state of New Jersey, and as someone whose all-time favorite dish is chicken parmigiana, it pains me to write this review. 😂

In the grand scheme of things it's basically TV dinner chicken parm. For what it is though - airline food - I will begrudgingly admit that it's not bad. You could do worse. I was pleasantly surprised that it really wasn't tough and dry.

Short rib is still top dog, but I'd get this again.

Old Apr 21, 2024, 8:41 am

Programs: AA Exec Plt , Marriott Ambassador
LImited First Class Meal Choice SFO-ORD on 5/11

My wife is flying SFO-ORD on 5/11 at 6AM and there appears to be only two options for meals in FC, the mushroom frittata and some sort of salmon platter. I'm flying this exact same flight on 5/4 and I have the additional choices of a fruit platter and the b-fast enchiladas. I'm also flying on 5/11 SFO-CLT and have the same additional choices.

Anyone experience this before? Is this some sort of online glitch on my wife's SFO-ORD flight? Seems weird they would go from four choices to just two one week apart.

*Title should say limited FC choices on SFO-ORD on 5/11 not 5/3.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 3:37 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by umaa83
My wife is flying SFO-ORD on 5/11 at 6AM and there appears to be only two options for meals in FC, the mushroom frittata and some sort of salmon platter. I'm flying this exact same flight on 5/4 and I have the additional choices of a fruit platter and the b-fast enchiladas. I'm also flying on 5/11 SFO-CLT and have the same additional choices.

Anyone experience this before? Is this some sort of online glitch on my wife's SFO-ORD flight? Seems weird they would go from four choices to just two one week apart.

If I understand you right, your wife only has 2 choices for SFO-ORD and you have 4 for SFO-CLT on the same day. If my understanding of that is correct, this is because SFO-CLT is 96 miles over the 2200 mile threshold for the "premium" meal service, hence the additional choices.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by umaa83

Originally Posted by S80
If I understand you right, your wife only has 2 choices for SFO-ORD and you have 4 for SFO-CLT on the same day. If my understanding of that is correct, this is because SFO-CLT is 96 miles over the 2200 mile threshold for the "premium" meal service, hence the additional choices.
OP is also flying SFO-ORD the week before his wife, and is saying that he has 4 choices on that flight. It was a little hard to follow on first readÖ

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.