Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

2024 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by PSBear
We have an upcoming leg on AA (itinerary booked through AA). First leg is domestic first PSP>ORD that will get lunch. Ever since meal selection became available over a week ago, I've been trying to select the meal. I click the button, I'm presented the menu of choices. I select, the SAVE becomes highlighted, I click SAVE. Then after a minute I get a response of, "Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later." It's been this way for days, now. I've tried on different browsers, three different phones/tablets, using cellular or WiFi. Doesn't matter, just get that same response for myself and my husband. I get that some flights you can't pre-order, but would it even present the choices if that was the case? The remaining legs are British Airways (Club World) and I can't pre-order meals there, either (on the BA website). It strangely says, "It is too close to your flight to pre-order meals" even though the flight is 15 days away. Oh well, I guess we're at the mercy of whatever is left.
BA doesn't offer pre-order other than for special meals. They did on some routes pre-COVID but not all and haven't brought it back yet.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
What's with the system losing pre-reserved meals? Yesterday 2 J seats in the front of the 773 MIA-LAX the Flight Attendant took meal orders back-to-front (which I understand, hence my pre-orders). The following conversation ensues...

We are all out of the hot meals, would you like the fruit or the oatmeal?
- I pre-ordered the omelet.
Well I have no pre-orders on this flight at all
- There are ~50 passengers in business, you are telling me none of them pre-ordered?
All I have is fruit or oatmeal
- Isn't the fruit the starter course?
Well, there is also a fruit main course

So he brings the fruit starter on the tray with the bread plate, etc. Clears that, then brings the same thing again. I declined and asked him to bring me instead the cheese course (the dessert option for J breakfast). It's early in the day, and not really important, but fruit alone doesn't feel like a business class product. Maybe smoked salmon or a cold quiche if they really cannot be bothered to cater enough hot or "prime" main courses OR make the pre-order function work properly. WiFi was out, various electronic functions not working at various seats -- feels like they are letting these 773s slide (I imagine the same was true in F)

Also, the usual drama with collecting the Bose headphones at the termination of the service. One was missing (found under a sleeping pax on the other side), but this caused three F/As to run around the cabin, questioning everyone as we are about 10 minutes out, over Riverside. Icing on the cake, the lead F/A says (audibly), a day like today is why I never work Business Class.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:20 am

Programs: United Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by wrp96
BA doesn't offer pre-order other than for special meals. They did on some routes pre-COVID but not all and haven't brought it back yet.
Ah, good to know. I guess they keep the placeholder in the display for future use. Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:32 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by fastflyer
What's with the system losing pre-reserved meals? Yesterday 2 J seats in the front of the 773 MIA-LAX the Flight Attendant took meal orders back-to-front (which I understand, hence my pre-orders). The following conversation ensues...

- There are ~50 passengers in business, you are telling me none of them pre-ordered?

So he brings the fruit starter on the tray with the bread plate, etc. Clears that, then brings the same thing again. I declined and asked him to bring me instead the cheese course (the dessert option for J breakfast). It's early in the day, and not really important, but fruit alone doesn't feel like a business class product. Maybe smoked salmon or a cold quiche if they really cannot be bothered to cater enough hot or "prime" main courses OR make the pre-order function work properly. WiFi was out, various electronic functions not working at various seats -- feels like they are letting these 773s slide (I imagine the same was true in F)

Also, the usual drama with collecting the Bose headphones at the termination of the service. One was missing (found under a sleeping pax on the other side), but this caused three F/As to run around the cabin, questioning everyone as we are about 10 minutes out, over Riverside. Icing on the cake, the lead F/A says (audibly), a day like today is why I never work Business Class.
Ridiculous. AA should be embarrassed...but they won't be. They don't care. Still, you should write into AA and ask for something for this less than premium service.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by fastflyer

The widebody MIA-LAX flights get staffed with both MIA and LAX-based crews; in my experience, the MIA-based ones are the worst and have a ghastly "don't care, too bad" attitude.

However, since you are EXP and 3MM, I'm confused as to how you ended up being one of the last passengers to have their meal order taken? Write to AA although they will most likely just throw 5,000 miles your way and there really isn't much corporate customer care can do against unionized employees.

In the future, take a screenshot of your pre-order entree and if the cabin crew gives you a hard time, remind them of your status and how they shouldn't be: (a) ignoring pre-orders and (b) expecting EXPs to get whatever is left over because the cabin crew failed to check pre-orders. They can't do anything to you for actually calling out their inappropriate actions.
cmd320 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Deleted.

Last edited by CMTinPHL; Apr 3, 2024 at 4:43 pm Reason: Deleted
Old Apr 4, 2024, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3*G, LH FTL, IHG Diamond
3/25/24 - ORD-TUS - Dinner

Pre-ordered the chicken meal via website. Was a bit worried that it might be lost since it was not possible to pull up the pre-order option a couple of days before the flight anymore.
However, once service began FA came along "You ordered the chicken?!"
Found the flavor of the red sauce pretty good.

apeortdz likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by fly747first
The widebody MIA-LAX flights get staffed with both MIA and LAX-based crews; in my experience, the MIA-based ones are the worst and have a ghastly "don't care, too bad" attitude.

However, since you are EXP and 3MM, I'm confused as to how you ended up being one of the last passengers to have their meal order taken? Write to AA although they will most likely just throw 5,000 miles your way and there really isn't much corporate customer care can do against unionized employees.

In the future, take a screenshot of your pre-order entree and if the cabin crew gives you a hard time, remind them of your status and how they shouldn't be: (a) ignoring pre-orders and (b) expecting EXPs to get whatever is left over because the cabin crew failed to check pre-orders. They can't do anything to you for actually calling out their inappropriate actions.
Pre-order fumble aside, I thought that for westbound flights taking orders back-to-front was SOP, regardless of status. Is that not the case?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 9:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by AAway
Pre-order fumble aside, I thought that for westbound flights taking orders back-to-front was SOP, regardless of status. Is that not the case?
Yes, that is how he took the orders. Back to front. Rows 8 and forward got no hot meals, at least on my aisle. I've never experienced an F/A asking for my order "out of turn" (meaning ahead of where it would be based on FEBO) because of my status, either annual or million-miler.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 11:25 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Getting this thread back on the topic of meals on American Airlines... Another good Asian Veg meal (DTW-DFW). Naan was warmed properly. Lentils were way spicier than my prior meal. Note the shrimp/slaw/pineapple accompaniment. It came on all trays, not just my Asian Veg, and IMO is a welcome change from the dollops of hummus. The FA did cart service for the meal. One pass of the cart for drinks, another for warm nuts, and another for the main. If you hadn't pre-ordered you told him then what you wanted then. Hadn't seen cart service for a long time in domestic F. I thought it was fine.

Old Apr 4, 2024, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by fly747first

Except tell the captain that there is an unrule passenger onboard and to call the police upon arrival.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:28 pm
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Did I miss a change about preordering meals in Domestic F 30 days in advance?
I have two midcon flights coming up in the next few weeks in F and there is no option to preorder.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
I have two midcon flights coming up in the next few weeks in F and there is no option to preorder.
Mainline or regional jet?
Old Apr 4, 2024, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
There have been lots of reports lately of issues with the pre-order system. Try tweeting or calling if you get close to flight day and still haven't been able to select a meal.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 3:55 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Plat Pro
I had the absolute worst food experience in AA premium economy from DFW-HNL in March 2024. We got a cold chipotle chicken wrap and a tiny whatever in a box. Nothing else. And they were not selling basically anything. It sucked. On the other hand, flying back HNL-ORD on United in premium economy, we got two surprisingly good, hot meals. The dinner was a good chicken whatever and the breakfast was a nice omelette. Both meals had nice sides too. The seats were basically identical on both AA and UA, but the food on UA was quite nice for premium economy and they had a ton of food for sale in coach. I do not know what coach got for free.

AA needs to step up its game on the domestic premium economy front in terms of food. What a disgrace. And seriously, can nobody at AA figure out how to make money actually selling real food on the plane? United does a good job selling a variety of food to the economy folks, and I always buy something. AA usually has nothing available, and if they do it is a stupid tiny little snack. Come on.

On the other hand, AA premium economy got a nice amenity kit and a pillow and a blanket. On UA premium economy we got a useless "blanket" which was so thin and crappy and small it was useless, no pillow and no kit. So if I could only eat the AA amenity kit, they'd have a winner on their hands.
AAway likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.