No more printed Wine/Champagne/Port list

Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by AJNEDC
My BA flight on the same route in the same class on 4th December also did not have a listing of alcoholic drinks in the printed menu.
It wasn't on the back of the trifold?

I was on 4 longhaul BA flights in the last 10 days and it was on the back. Champagnes, Reds, Whites and Port.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:18 pm

Programs: 3RR, UA, BA, AA, HH, Marriott RW,
Just announce that it's Two Buck Chuck and be done with it.
dw and fotographer like this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)
Originally Posted by jerrychuang
I have to say that in my years flying AA I don’t recall seeing anything more than $10/bottle...
Well, way back in the day when AA was operating three class DC-10 service nonstop between LAX and JFK, the red wines offered in F were excellent.

And I do recall a trip report submitted by SFO777 not all that long ago mentioning that he enjoyed a Silver Oak Cabernet Sauvignon in international F on board an AA 777.

Meantime, I hope American reconsiders this move and also actually ups their game a bit in the wine department, especially in J. But I'm not holding my breath.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by Antarius
It wasn't on the back of the trifold?

I was on 4 longhaul BA flights in the last 10 days and it was on the back. Champagnes, Reds, Whites and Port.
It was the light blue printed menu. Are we talking about the same one? I didn't see it and I did look at the entire menu back to front. Perhaps it was my error then. But I don't drink so perhaps I didn't look hard enough.

I stand corrected if it was my mistake.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:27 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by jlemon
Meantime, I hope American reconsiders this move and also actually ups their game a bit in the wine department, especially in J. But I'm not holding my breath.
I have no concrete data, but looking at recent pics of domestic AA F meals, I get the general impression that small cuts have been made to domestic F meals. Again, I have no data that any of the changes actually cost less, but it seems strange that on a lot of flights, golden chicken and the grain bowl seem to be the only option. Or one of the options being a fruit and cheese plate. And I was on a recent LAX-MIA flight that was supposed to be Flagship, but some of the options in flight were just the standard F fare-- the short rib with mac and cheese and the golden chicken.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:30 pm

Programs: OWS - AA Lifetime Platinum, BA nobody (blue)
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Next step: Chicken or pasta?
"They look different but they taste the same"
Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:50 pm

I flew from LHR-PHL on Saturday, and I heard the FA say to another passenger (I paraphrase): "I don't know anything about the wine, we have white and red and you can have your choice. And you have to decide now, before takeoff, which one you want with your meal."

I took a couple of pictures of the new text on the menu. It is annoyingly corporatese, in my opinion. I'm just surprised it doesn't include a hidden offer for a Barclay's credit card...

Saunders111

ValleyEarl and cmtlatitudes like this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Next step: Chicken or pasta?
Salmon rubbed streusel chunks!
donotblink likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by saunders111
I flew from LHR-PHL on Saturday, and I heard the FA say to another passenger (I paraphrase): "I don't know anything about the wine, we have white and red and you can have your choice. And you have to decide now, before takeoff, which one you want with your meal."
So glad the customer took the invitation to engage the flight attendant on the wine offerings.

Sorry to harp on this more but I just find that sort of language to be so insincere. It's awful and worse than putting nothing.
dw, Spiff, JJeffrey and 12 others like this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was the light blue printed menu. Are we talking about the same one? I didn't see it and I did look at the entire menu back to front. Perhaps it was my error then. But I don't drink so perhaps I didn't look hard enough.

I stand corrected if it was my mistake.
Not sure. Mine looked like this one. it was a multi-fold with the verbiage on panel 1, main meal on page 2, tea/snacks on 3 and beverages on 4. The reverse was drinks and wine
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34885772-post6.html

Was yours like this?
Old Dec 18, 2023, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA PPro BA Bronze SPG Gold HH GLD Hyatt Exp
I was thinking the other day how much I have lost enjoyment for flying with this death by 1000 cuts. Even in J and F, it is no longer a pleasant experience, at least with US domestics.
dw, Spiff, JoeWoodstock and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 3:56 pm

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Not sure. Mine looked like this one. it was a multi-fold with the verbiage on panel 1, main meal on page 2, tea/snacks on 3 and beverages on 4. The reverse was drinks and wine
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34885772-post6.html

Was yours like this?
In format yes. It was multi folded but I believe it was blue in colour. My listings ended after the listing of teas. There was nothing else after that and I do recall checking several times. Except for the afternoon tea your meals and mines were different. My mains were: lamb, a vegetarian option and turkey.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)

But seriously, this decision is daft....
Indeed it is.

And perhaps American will now take a cue concerning the "premium" wine selections currently available for purchase in the Admirals Clubs and thus introduce a "special wine list" in the forward cabins....with "premium" wine becoming available for purchase in F and J.

A fanciful speculation on my part, to be sure....but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they actually did this.
Antarius likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In format yes. It was multi folded but I believe it was blue in colour. My listings ended after the listing of teas. There was nothing else after that and I do recall checking several times. Except for the afternoon tea your meals and mines were different. My mains were: lamb, a vegetarian option and turkey.
Interesting. I flew LAX-LHR and LHR-IAH, so not the same stage length, so maybe that's why it's different? That said, I did fly LHR-LOS and ABV-LHR which are 6-7 hours and they had it too.

Maybe JFK-LHR is different? Or it was a bad print? Hopefully BA and AA aren't enhancing this together.
AJNEDC likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2023, 4:31 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
We need to be writing this in every time one of us in in J and they have no wine list. Complaining here does nothing except maybe letting off steam.
Spiff, JJeffrey, skylady and 7 others like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.