Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to have more than 24 hours connection?

Old Nov 5, 2023, 11:09 pm
koi
Original Poster

I have a flight on hold which I need to change airport(net/HND), and I only have 2 hours. The connecting flight is to DFW and aa only flies once a day.
2 hours is super tight and I'm not really sure I can make it. Could I ask them to change the flight to the one next day? I wouldn't mind staying in tokyo overnight, and I'm willing to pay for the fare differences if it's reasonable, but I also thoght connections were limited to less than 24 hours.
Any thoughts?
Old Nov 6, 2023, 12:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by koi
I have a flight on hold which I need to change airport(net/HND), and I only have 2 hours. The connecting flight is to DFW and aa only flies once a day.
2 hours is super tight and I'm not really sure I can make it. Could I ask them to change the flight to the one next day? I wouldn't mind staying in tokyo overnight, and I'm willing to pay for the fare differences if it's reasonable, but I also thoght connections were limited to less than 24 hours.
Any thoughts?
​​​​​I would be very surprised if 120 minutes satisfied the minimum connecting time between NRT and HND. Who is offering to sell you such a connection?
Antarius, lrdpenn, Gerbs and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 12:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is this 2 bookings or 1 booking with 2 flights? I would also be very surprised if 2 hours met the MCT.

If you need to make a change, then what the cost will be depends on the fare rules and availability. If the fare does not allow stopovers - or you have reached the maximum allowed stopovers then you will not be able to have a 26 hour gap, since that is not a transit but a stopover
Antarius likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 12:40 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
1. NRT to HND minimum connecting time is 3 hours and 30 minutes. Regardless of whether you're domestic or international at HND
2. Connections are 24 hours (= 24 hours OK) or less.
3. If on separate tickets, you're really stretching it NRT-->HND on 120min. Taxi ride is 40 mins even if you're Noel Philips and cost US$250 equiv. My gate to local transportation times in NRT is also approx 60 mins, similar to Philips.
4. Changing from connection to stopover will depend on conditions on your ticket. Reissue will be likely.

Old Nov 6, 2023, 1:03 am

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
However you managed to get this on the same reservation, don't buy it. I would not do this and I am someone who cuts things extremely tight. I would not do a domestic to domestic connection - not sure there would ever be a need, but just to illustrate (I guess it's kinda possible with a taxi but I would never pay a NRT-HND cab). Domestic to intl would be a nonstarter. I hope this is not intl-intl. Lol.
Old Nov 6, 2023, 5:55 am
koi
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
​​​​​I would be very surprised if 120 minutes satisfied the minimum connecting time between NRT and HND. Who is offering to sell you such a connection?

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Is this 2 bookings or 1 booking with 2 flights? I would also be very surprised if 2 hours met the MCT.
Originally Posted by Dave Noble

Originally Posted by percysmith
1. NRT to HND minimum connecting time is 3 hours and 30 minutes. Regardless of whether you're domestic or international at HND
Originally Posted by percysmith

2. Connections are 24 hours (= 24 hours OK) or less.

3. If on separate tickets, you're really stretching it NRT-->HND on 120min. Taxi ride is 40 mins even if you're Noel Philips and cost US$250 equiv. My gate to local transportation times in NRT is also approx 60 mins, similar to Philips.

4. Changing from connection to stopover will depend on conditions on your ticket. Reissue will be likely.

Thanks!!

It's aa that offered it, Im surprised of the ticket too last time I did nrt to HND it took well over 1.5 hour...and it's international connection from sin. Given they only fly dfw once a day, what would be their option? Apparently going through lhr triples the price (I'm assuming because of open jaw) ...
Old Nov 6, 2023, 7:16 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by koi

Thanks!!

It's aa that offered it, Im surprised of the ticket too last time I did nrt to HND it took well over 1.5 hour...and it's international connection from sin. Given they only fly dfw once a day, what would be their option? Apparently going through lhr triples the price (I'm assuming because of open jaw) ...
Are you trying to get us to divine what AA gave you?! Why dont you give us what they held for you (not that any of us can take your seats under you under a hold) and let us try and work out whether AAs routing is legal and feasible?
cmn.jcs and OWF_NYC_SIN like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.