Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Business Extra Ending 15 Dec 2023, AAdvantage Business program coming

Old Jan 25, 2024, 1:58 am

Had the same issue. First 6 attempts logging in, it took me to the business registration form which would not work. Then on the next try I was taken straight to the business portal. Looks like 7 is the lucky number here
Old Jan 25, 2024, 11:26 am

Programs: AA EXP
Business Extra credited me 65pts, yesterday, from an inquiry I opened back in November. I've transferred all of my other points out to AA miles - so now I'm below the 100pt threshold to transfer. Will probably just write these off, but did email to ask for them to manually transfer the points.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2024, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Pinned
Business Extra credited me 65pts, yesterday, from an inquiry I opened back in November. I've transferred all of my other points out to AA miles - so now I'm below the 100pt threshold to transfer. Will probably just write these off, but did email to ask for them to manually transfer the points.
I got my points as well. I had a 5 segment relatively expensive flight that only posted the first segment. After silence for weeks, I sent another email and got speedy responses.

Still unable to register for the new program. However, I did raise that issue with them as well and they noted it and asked for some followup information. May get the business credit card, so could just wait on that.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
So we have to apply all over again from scratch? or will there be some conversion program for people who already had Business Extra accounts?
Old Mar 4, 2024, 5:17 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, BA
Has anyone been able to register a new account on https://aadvantagebusiness.aa.com/

I keep getting this error:

Unable to register your company

We couldn't verify your company based on the information you entered.

You can check your company details and try again or read eligibility requirements.
AAdvantage Business™ terms & conditionsBack to your company details

Even trying to login with the old businessextra login gives the following error:
This AAdvantage® account is not currently linked to a company.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by paulite83
Has anyone been able to register a new account on https://aadvantagebusiness.aa.com/

I keep getting this error:

Unable to register your company

We couldn't verify your company based on the information you entered.

You can check your company details and try again or read eligibility requirements.
AAdvantage Business™ terms & conditionsBack to your company details

Even trying to login with the old businessextra login gives the following error:
This AAdvantage® account is not currently linked to a company.
same error. AA has been terrible with this migration for exisitng Business Extra accounts.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 4:47 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
DISQUAL_LP

We took some trips booked through the AA Business platform this month. All are showing miles earned but under the LP column they say “DISQUAL_LP”. We have both the Barclay and Citi AA Business cards. Have they still not linked them for folks who had the card prior to the start of the new program? Very frustrating.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:30 pm

Programs: Tribe 54 Sweat Lodge 12
Getting an email for the Aadvantage Business program:
A trip has been booked for an unregistered traveler. To earn rewards in the AAdvantage Business™ program, all business travelers must be added to your company account before traveling.
WTH.. the old Extra program allowed travelers to use partner FF# no? I booked under business travel as instructed and replaced the AA # (no status) with AS # (mvp100k), and now it's angry at me. Anyone got or fought for AA biz earn with tickets earning under another oneworld program? AA is getting crazier and crazier with these lockdown style changes.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 9:43 am

Help! Former 20+ year Business Extra customer and "travel manager". Does anyone know how to contact anyone at the new Business AAdvantage? We want to close the Business AAdvantage account we started after BE shut down, It will not work for us. My AA Advantage # is associated with it and I cannot find a way to do it online, on the website or reach a person at AA to help me. Emails I have tried come back and say they are not monitored. I tried chat but all I could get was prompts for booking etc and could not get a person,, This is the worst system and customer service I have ever seen. Thanks.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM HHonors Diamond
The DISQUAL_LP on every trip is making AAdvantage Business disappointing for me and my employees.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:22 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by diaspora04
The DISQUAL_LP on every trip is making AAdvantage Business disappointing for me and my employees.
Same here. Seeing the "DISQUAL_LP" on all of our trips, despite having the Citi Business card prior to the new program. When I try to send a message through the AAdvantage Business Contact Form it never submits and I get the error message "Our system is having trouble. Please try again or come back later."
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:25 am

I also see DISQUAL_LP on all our flights. Does anyone have any insight on why?. My understanding was that the LP bonus was applicable even if the firm has not met the 5 traveler/5K threshold yet. Our firm has not got to 5 travelers yet, but is expected to in a couple of months. Spend is not an issue

Has anyone had ANY success in getting any clear answers on anything about this program?
I am honestly about to pull the firm out of the program
Old Apr 4, 2024, 11:09 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
I abandoned it entirely, as it was just not worth the effort. The value that we'd been able to get out of it had been eroding over the 15 years between changes to the program, routing, pricing, and competition. The value wasn't there to continue to encourage AA flights and so I just let it end last December after using up the last points.

I'm still trying to stay engaged with the equivalent Delta program and its changes since that still feels like it might provide some value to the traveling passengers as well as the program results, but the overhead there is also increasing and functionality/reliability is dropping. At least the flying route options are still useful, so passengers still want to book on Delta and I'm trying to make that turn into value for the business program. It's surprising to me that these changes, after all of the effort trying to get business travelers back in the sky after the last few years, are making it less appealing to drive business traffic in a focused direction to their airline. They're probably spending a ton in trying to retain the big business contracts, whereas this is a pretty easy way to bias the smaller business travel offices towards a certain airline and they're failing miserably. Maybe they want to encourage everyone to go try out everything else and think they're going to be able to win there as the "least miserable experience" (and there they're going to lose).
Old Apr 4, 2024, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by brittex
I also see DISQUAL_LP on all our flights. Does anyone have any insight on why?. My understanding was that the LP bonus was applicable even if the firm has not met the 5 traveler/5K threshold yet. Our firm has not got to 5 travelers yet, but is expected to in a couple of months. Spend is not an issue

Has anyone had ANY success in getting any clear answers on anything about this program?
I am honestly about to pull the firm out of the program
I can't figure it out. Half the time, when I try to book selecting 'Business Travel', the website craps out.

Has anyone figured out how to do a business booking starting at google flights? I prefer using Google Flights for searching as it's faster and easier than aa.com. My BE number used to be auto filled; now I cannot figure out how to choose it as the only place is at the home page.
Old Apr 5, 2024, 7:32 am
Vic

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Antarius
I can't figure it out. Half the time, when I try to book selecting 'Business Travel', the website craps out.

Has anyone figured out how to do a business booking starting at google flights? I prefer using Google Flights for searching as it's faster and easier than aa.com. My BE number used to be auto filled; now I cannot figure out how to choose it as the only place is at the home page.
The old program which had the BE number auto filled was a much better structure -- and you could book multiple passengers on one record. Now, you have to go to AA.com and select "Business Travel" and build the ticket. If you have multiple passengers, you need to book each ticket individually. I still use google flights to find the routing/price, but you can't just click the AA link from Google Flights to buy the ticket because it defaults to "Personal Travel."
Antarius likes this.

Last edited by Vic; Apr 5, 2024 at 7:34 am Reason: Grammar

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.