Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Equipment change with full cabin and no seat assignment

Equipment change with full cabin and no seat assignment

Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Executive Diamond Platinum VIP with Braniff, Eastern, Midway, National & Pan Am
Originally Posted by javabytes
When is your flight? If it's 3+ months out, I'd give it time. The schedule changes probably aren't done.
For those who posted their flights are in February, now is way too early to be worried about this. There could be multiple schedule changes between now and then. And there will be passenger cancellations. Plus, as posted upthread, if it gets closer to the date of departure and the cabin is still overbooked, there will be pre-removal offers from Res.
USFlyerUS and Mr. BoH like this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
I agree with the others. I was on a flight that downgraded from a 772 to a 321. While I still maintained my F/J seat, AA called me anyway to see if I would be willing to switch. I did, got on a nonstop instead and got $200 in the process. They will do that here and someone will bite at the offers, which will probably be higher than $200. Or, there will be another equipment or schedule change. It's so far in advance it's not worth stressing too much right now.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
I agree with the others. I was on a flight that downgraded from a 772 to a 321. While I still maintained my F/J seat, AA called me anyway to see if I would be willing to switch. I did, got on a nonstop instead and got $200 in the process. They will do that here and someone will bite at the offers, which will probably be higher than $200. Or, there will be another equipment or schedule change. It's so far in advance it's not worth stressing too much right now.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 10:19 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. Will sit tight for now. Call red Explat desk. They put me on hold and spoke to someone informing them there was a high chance of another equipment change so will hold off making any changes for now.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.