Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

You have a mix of fares The rule of the most restrictive fare will apply?

Old Sep 10, 23, 9:29 pm
Original Poster

Booked an Award ticket. First class on first two segments, economy on last (short) segment.
At the final booking page on the website, I see:
"You have a mix of faresThe rule of the most restrictive fare will apply."

What are the practical ramifications of such message in terms of:
1) IRROPS
2) Changes to the itinerary (made by me, not by AA)
3) Checked baggage
4) Changes by AA to itinerary (ie: surprise!--haha)
5) Ticket cancellations by me (I assume - perhaps incorrectly that award tickets in this manner are basically full refund of miles and credit to card for the $5.60 fee if cancelled before departure)

Thank you.
Old Sep 10, 23, 9:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

If you just have 2 awards in the same booking, there is no issue since the rules for awards are the same regardless of class of service
hurnik likes this.
Old Sep 13, 23, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
If you just have 2 awards in the same booking, there is no issue since the rules for awards are the same regardless of class of service
I booked a Business Saver award for Flagship business and it is not changeable. Must cancel and rebook if I wanted to change. Is this trrue accross all reward levels?
Old Sep 13, 23, 2:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sdix
I booked a Business Saver award for Flagship business and it is not changeable. Must cancel and rebook if I wanted to change. Is this trrue accross all reward levels?
The restrictions are the same across all classes. awards for travel solely on AA can be cancelled and rebooked, but not changed
Old Sep 13, 23, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
It was one award, just a "mixed" class award.

It sounds like the message is "generic" and would really only come into play if you were paying cash for the mixed itinerary?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.