Upgrade requested but not on list

Old Aug 15, 2023, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Upgrade requested but not on list

Have two flights today that the app & website show as requested (wife and I) but neither of us show on the list. Odd. Can't complain too much as we were op upped on LHR-JFK yesterday (PE->J).

Tried to call AA to get on list but call gets transferred to static.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 6:22 am

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
If it's a domestic flight, go to a kiosk at the airport and request an upgrade again there and/ask an agent to readd you. I've seen this happen when I do a SDC and either of those options gets you showing in your original position at the gate/app.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 7:06 am

Programs: AA EXP; SQ Gold
Originally Posted by JMN57
Have two flights today that the app & website show as requested (wife and I) but neither of us show on the list. Odd. Can't complain too much as we were op upped on LHR-JFK yesterday (PE->J).

Tried to call AA to get on list but call gets transferred to static.
I assume you're checked in already? If you're not checked in, you won't appear, but then again, not sure how you'd see the list without checking in.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
If it's T-4 hours it's under airport control and you must go to airport gate agent.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:15 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by npretnar
I assume you're checked in already? If you're not checked in, you won't appear, but then again, not sure how you'd see the list without checking in.
If flight is within 12 hours of departure you can see the list on the app without being checked in.
ConstellationClass likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
If flight is within 12 hours of departure you can see the list on the app without being checked in.
Yes but you wont necessarily appear in the upgrade list if you havent checked in, even if you have been added to it.

Once you check in, youll automatically appear on it.
TheDudeAbides and Antarius like this.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 11:52 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
Yes but you wont necessarily appear in the upgrade list if you havent checked in, even if you have been added to it.

Once you check in, youll automatically appear on it.
Right, my comment was in response to the last bit: "not sure how you'd see the list without checking in."
Old Aug 15, 2023, 3:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA, B6, DL, Bonvoy Titanium & Lifetime Platinum, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by iadisgreat
If it's a domestic flight, go to a kiosk at the airport and request an upgrade again there and/ask an agent to readd you. I've seen this happen when I do a SDC and either of those options gets you showing in your original position at the gate/app.
Its happened to me quite a few times during irrops or sdc even when checked-in. Even EXP line seems to have trouble getting it fixed. Most consistent success has been with AC AAngels. Some kind of IT glitch.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 5:30 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by TBRIC
Its happened to me quite a few times during irrops or sdc even when checked-in. Even EXP line seems to have trouble getting it fixed. Most consistent success has been with AC AAngels. Some kind of IT glitch.
Usually if you go to the kiosk after changing (or an agent as you said) and request an upgrade again it fixes itself.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 5:50 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by npretnar
Anyone, whether on the flight or not, can see the waitlist 12 hours before departure.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 5:53 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TBRIC
It happens to me all the time, without any irops or sdcs, most frequently on the return portion of my itinerary.

GA's have always been able to add me to the list with just a couple of keystrokes, just make sure to do it before agent assist runs at 45 minutes before departure.
Old Aug 15, 2023, 6:54 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by aisleorwindow
Right, my comment was in response to the last bit: "not sure how you'd see the list without checking in."
You are correct.
aisleorwindow likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Anyone, whether on the flight or not, can see the waitlist 12 hours before departure.
I thought it was 8 hours?
Old Aug 22, 2023, 1:58 pm
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ConstellationClass
I thought it was 8 hours?
From my experience, it appears to be 8 hours if you're not on the flight, but 12 hours if you are.
ConstellationClass likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2023, 9:23 am

Programs: AA PLT, IHG Spire
On a side note, are any of the kiosks actually operational anymore? I know the last time coulpe times I was in CLT all the kiosks had a QR code on them prompting you to use the AA app.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.