Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Admirals Clubs receiving food and beverage upgrades starting July 23, 2023

Old Jul 12, 2023, 6:49 am

Debating whether to pull the trigger on an AC membership (having just hit Platinum status, so it's $100 cheaper) or the Citi card before 7/23. I travel about 6-7 times a year for work (plus a couple of times for pleasure) so I do get some use. I have the Qantas Club membership from last fall's promotion, and it has worked all but one time I have tried it, but I have to think that loophole will be closed at some point. Having some better food would be a plus.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 6:55 am

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Flying DCA-SRQ four weeks from today. I hope DCA is one of the first places where the clubs did the upgraded food and beverage. Common sense would dictate since its a hub and already home to one of the nicest, if not the best, Admirals Club in the system.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 8:09 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Longboater
Flying DCA-SRQ four weeks from today. I hope DCA is one of the first places where the clubs did the upgraded food and beverage. Common sense would dictate since it's a hub and already home to one of the nicest, if not the best, Admirals Club in the system.
It was announced somewhere that the first locations to have the upgraded food offerings as of the late July date are DCA, LAX and MIA.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
The agent at TPA club this morning said expect changes in food come July 23rd here but as of today at least they don’t know what the new menu is yet.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I really hope AA doesn't screw this up. Just send an employee to the Delta SkyClubs at JFK and LGA. Copy 80% of what they're doing food-wise, and I'd consider that to be a net win.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by donotblink
The photos show pretty cool omelettes, but something tells me it’ll actually be a frozen egg and cheese wedge we see at budget hotels
They have to do something with the cheese cubes, so maybe expect them as a surprise in the omelet.🤣
wrp96 and MarkOK like this.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, AA ExecPlat, Amtrak Select Exec, former WN apologist
Originally Posted by KDCAflyer
I really hope AA doesn't screw this up. Just send an employee to the Delta SkyClubs at JFK and LGA. Copy 80% of what they're doing food-wise, and I'd consider that to be a net win.
They tried that, but the employee is still waiting in line to get in...
Old Jul 12, 2023, 12:41 pm

I pay $50 more for an extra bathroom stall in PHX. One stall for 150 people is crazy...
thunderdeacon and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 1:03 pm

Programs: AA Exp
I'd pay $150 more for showers in PHX & CLT, among others
Old Jul 12, 2023, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by Longboater
Flying DCA-SRQ four weeks from today. I hope DCA is one of the first places where the clubs did the upgraded food and beverage. Common sense would dictate since its a hub and already home to one of the nicest, if not the best, Admirals Club in the system.
DCA's already had upgraded food relative to most other AA clubs with the pasta and taco bar. I'm not sure it'll be a significant upgrade on that in practice.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by patmcpsu
Maybe I'm old school but Admirals Clubs are supposed to have lackluster food/drink. My frequent flying heyday was about 10 years ago when the only options were cheese cubes and the salty snack tower. Soup was the most exciting option.

Maybe I'm being nostalgic, but I prefer Admiral's Clubs that were uncrowded and quiet. Giving people incentive to be there feels wrong, oddly.
Everything was better 10 years ago is a frequent lament on FT, but suggesting everything was better 10 years ago because things were worse is a unique spin.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
About 10 Minutes (and Thanks for the Idea)

How long before folks start dumping the contents in their bags to get their “monies worth.”
There is always an angle upper management never thought of. Breakfast seated in the club. Lunch out of the refrigerator in the rental car.

Hey, we're already on the third major "whoops we didn't think of that" revision. We already have a winner on the Next Workaround contest.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by steveholt
DCA's already had upgraded food relative to most other AA clubs with the pasta and taco bar. I'm not sure it'll be a significant upgrade on that in practice.
DCA terminal E club differentiator is cool architecture and mostly a jar of skittles. some upgrade
Old Jul 12, 2023, 3:02 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DataPlumber
How long before folks start dumping the contents (of Grab and Go) in their bags to get their “monies worth.”
That occurred to me, too. I know it's been an issue at breakfast rooms and executive lounges in hotels. Ironically, the nicer your offerings, the more likely some are to stuff their backpacks with them.
ValleyEarl likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 3:37 pm

So, at the same time, they're upping the day pass (for those of us without card/ticket access) to $79 each? Ouch. For the $180 might (depends on which airports) be able to get better food/drink. Although there was that time in EWR where I paid $28 for a single Cosmo (so I had 2--haha). Although you do have more room (I think) at the AC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.