Current non-stops out of LAX

Old Jun 17, 2023, 11:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Current non-stops out of LAX

I am planning a trip to Vancouver BC for late October and decided to see if AA had any flights to YVR from LAX. I was fully expecting to have to book either a one-stop flight or an Alaska Airlines flight but to my surprise, AA has a daily non-stop to Vancouver from LAX operated with an A319. Having way too much time on my hands, I decided to do a little research and see what non-stops are operated by American or American Eagle out of LAX. The date I chose to check (July 12th) is quite arbitrary and other dates might possibly yield a different set of data. The flights had to be on American or American Eagle metal and could not be code shares. This is the data for July 12th, 2023. An asterisk indicates a flight or flights operated by American Eagle. All others are AA itself. I’ve indicated the destination airport and the number of non-stops.

DFW 13, ORD 7, JFK 7, PHL 7, CLT 7, MIA 7, PHX 5, BOS 4, LHR 3, HNL 3, SEA 3*, AUS 3, ELP 3*, LAS 3,

PDX 2*, SFO 2*, HND 2, OGG 2, ABQ 2*, SAT 2*, DCA 2, OKC 2*, SMF 2*, YVR 1, KOA 1, LIH 1, DEN 1*,

TUL 1*, TUS 1*, IAH 1*, STL 1, MCO 1, BNA 1, FLL 1, ATL 1, MFR 1*, EUG 1*, SJC 1*, JAC 1*, SYD 1, MEX 1,

YVR 1, PVR 1, SJD 1, XNA 1*, OMA 1*, IND 1, RDU 1

Some non-stops I’ve flown in the past that are presently not operated are LAX-SJU, LAX-MSY. and LAX-YYZ. If I’m missing any non-stops out of LAX, please chime in and let us all know. Thanks!

Last edited by marnold3; Jun 27, 2023 at 9:45 pm Reason: new data from S80
Old Jun 18, 2023, 3:34 am

Programs: AA EXP DL Plat BONVOY LT Plat
wow - jelaous of your free time
did you use EF for this or AA.com
Old Jun 18, 2023, 6:45 am

A few years ago you could do this with the active route map just by clicking on the city and see all flights operating non stop. l think the OP went above and beyond as the number of daily flight is also shown.
deeruck likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 6:47 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
The broad Google flight search is helpful with something like this, but doesn't let you specify specific airline. It only allows you to choose the alliance. So searching LAX -> USA on a one way, nonstop search gives a pretty good indication of where AA serves in the USA. Some of those destinations will be on Alaska though. And you still have to click onto each city to see the specific flights/frequencies. I like this search for doing things like ABC -> Europe to compare pricing on OW (and then narrow down to AA) when planning TA trips that I'm flexible on European gateway. I'm actually surprised at how many nonstops AA has from LAX. Based on all the threads here, you'd think they've cut it back to just the premium transcons.

Arsene Wenger likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 6:56 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Additional ones I've found: IND 1, OMA 1, CUN 1 (Sunday departure only), and RDU 1 (Except Saturdays).
Old Jun 18, 2023, 7:03 am

Originally Posted by FLL88
There is http://flightconnections.com/ which has that functions although I have run into instances where they list nonstops for Airport A but you had selected Airport B (but they were located really close - not sure if bug or feature).

Can't speak totally to how up to date their data is.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 7:16 am
S80

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, 1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by zig666
There is http://flightconnections.com/ which has that functions although I have run into instances where they list nonstops for Airport A but you had selected Airport B (but they were located really close - not sure if bug or feature).

Can't speak totally to how up to date their data is.
I would only use it as a reference. I've found both missing routes and routes that no longer operate on there, with the latter being way more frequent.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: UA 1P, Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
A bit sad to see once a mighty hub now has a single TATL flight and zero Asian flight left...
FlyFreakquently likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mediator
A bit sad to see once a mighty hub now has a single TATL flight and zero Asian flight left...
AA flies LAX-HND. I wish theyd bring back their PVG flight but I know thats not happening.
lsquare, mediator and Antarius like this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 10:26 am

Or see here.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by PHL
The broad Google flight search is helpful with something like this, but doesn't let you specify specific airline. It only allows you to choose the alliance. So searching LAX -> USA on a one way, nonstop search gives a pretty good indication of where AA serves in the USA. Some of those destinations will be on Alaska though. And you still have to click onto each city to see the specific flights/frequencies. I like this search for doing things like ABC -> Europe to compare pricing on OW (and then narrow down to AA) when planning TA trips that I'm flexible on European gateway. I'm actually surprised at how many nonstops AA has from LAX. Based on all the threads here, you'd think they've cut it back to just the premium transcons.

As a heads up, you can get it to filter to just one airline on the broad map view not just alliances. Simply first chose a flight you know the carrier your looking for flies (ie: LAX-JFK for AA, LAX- ATL for DL, etc) and filter down the search results to the specific airline you want. Then change the destination search to a broad result view generator (searching: North America, Europe, etc) and you can drag the map view to show you the world under the specific airline filter. Unfortunately you cant filter out code shares though. Hope this helps!

PHL, belfordrocks and Mr. BoH like this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 12:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLL88
AA.com
Old Jun 18, 2023, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mediator
I admit that my data could have been presented in a more visually pleasing fashion, but I did indicate HND 2 and SYD 1. These are both trans-pacific flights.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 12:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by S80
Additional ones I've found: IND 1, OMA 1, CUN 1 (Sunday departure only), and RDU 1 (Except Saturdays).
Thanks S80, I have added these flights to the data set.
S80 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2023, 1:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
LAX-BOS is down to 2 late August and September. I was booked on the 11am departure in Aug but it was cancelled, and I ended up moving onto the previous day's redeye. Just that and a 7am departure remain. It looks like it's back to 4 sometime in October. This was a bummer, I had an SWU clear as part of an international itinerary. LAX-BOS has been 4x daily as long as I can remember.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.