Showers in Admirals Club in PHX?

Old May 16, 2023, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Showers in Admirals Club in PHX?

Hello everyone. It has been MANY years since I last posted on these boards. My password (an old one) still works! My family and I almost always fly United (we were Global Services for many years), but we have a flight in July on American.

Specifically, we will be flying out of PHX on American, after my daughter competes in a fencing tournament in town. So she will need a shower, but we will have checked out of our hotel room by then.

So my question: are there showers in any of the Admirals Clubs in PHX? I have no status on American, but I would gladly pay for a day pass (for both of us) to an Admirals Club if there are showers available. (We would then enjoy all of the other amenities).

THANK YOU,

clippercfx
Old May 16, 2023, 6:04 pm

No showers. There is a Centurion and Escape Lounge (Located at the same location) that have a shower. I would go for that club which is located on the high number B gates. Or push for a late checkout at your hotel. This should not be a problem as it is getting hot in phx and tourist levels are down.
Old May 16, 2023, 9:07 pm

Programs: Some/Most/All
An old, retired woodworker could count on one hand the number of mens toilet stalls across all the PHX ACs. Showers are nothing but a pipe dream at this point.
Old May 16, 2023, 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by JBKettle
An old, retired woodworker could count on one hand the number of mens toilet stalls across all the PHX ACs. Showers are nothing but a pipe dream at this point.
I don't think any of the former US airways lounge locations EVER have had showers. That was an AA-only thing for clubs that have international service somewhere over the ocean. Nothing for Charlotte, Phoenix, DCA, where else am I missing that uses an old US location? Boston no, too. Edited: Another poster said Boston does have showers. I'm uncertain if that's a former US location or an original AA location

Hopefully the new Charlotte club will when it opens... whatever year that will be. New LGA has showers (brand new DCA E does not, neither will new Denver club... We will see about new Austin once it opens in a few years)

Yes for Chicago Dallas LA Miami Raleigh , but I don't know where else.

Last edited by LovePrunes; May 17, 2023 at 8:52 am
Old May 16, 2023, 11:19 pm

Programs: AA& UA 1MM, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Are the showers back open in the clubs that have them system-wide?
Old May 17, 2023, 5:51 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
I don't think any of the former US airways lounge locations EVER have had showers. That was an AA-only thing for clubs that have international service somewhere over the ocean. Nothing for Charlotte, Phoenix, DCA, where else am I missing that uses an old US location? Boston no, too.
FWIW, the prior US Airways Arrivals Lounge at LHR had showers. I used them several times. I also thought the old US Airways Envoy Lounge at PHL had them, too, but I can't say that with 100% certainty. I realize these weren't US "Clubs" per se but rather business class lounges.

Last edited by USFlyerUS; May 17, 2023 at 6:32 am
Old May 17, 2023, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy
Are the showers back open in the clubs that have them system-wide?
Yes, in the cities I mentioned.
Old May 17, 2023, 7:43 am

Programs: AAdvantage Exec Platinum, Hertz #1 Club Gold Five Star, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
I also thought the old US Airways Envoy Lounge at PHL had them, too, but I can't say that with 100% certainty.
It did not. However, if the new club in Terminal A-West ever re-opens, it is supposed to have showers.
Old May 17, 2023, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I don't think any of the former US airways lounge locations EVER have had showers. That was an AA-only thing for clubs that have international service somewhere over the ocean. Nothing for Charlotte, Phoenix, DCA, where else am I missing that uses an old US location? Boston no, too.
Boston AC definitely has showers.
BWISkyGuy and Hoi polloi like this.
Old May 17, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Centurion
There is a Centurion and Escape Lounge (Located at the same location) that have a shower.
No, they don't
Old May 17, 2023, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by GaryZ
No, they don't
Centurion's just have good free liquor... and a mass of humanity waiting to get in.... and wait in more lines for food....and more lines for drinks.
ugh
Old May 17, 2023, 4:23 pm

Youll be sorely disappointed by the amenities at PHX. My least favorite airport in the AA system by a country mile.
Old May 17, 2023, 5:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by gophish11
Youll be sorely disappointed by the amenities at PHX. My least favorite airport in the AA system by a country mile.
It's great to fly out of!
formeraa likes this.
Old May 17, 2023, 5:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Centurion's just have good free liquor... and a mass of humanity waiting to get in.... and wait in more lines for food....and more lines for drinks.
ugh
LOL - you are quite correct, but at times, they offer better food than AA flights and on INTL flights I usually eat there and skip the onboard food (but some wine of course)
Old May 17, 2023, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by skviolet98
It's great to fly out of!
I do agree with this - super easy to get to from town and you don't have to linger when PHX is your point of embarkation. Laying over there is another matter (in my opinion).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.