Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Anyone understand why the “bonus miles” reward period is six months?

Anyone understand why the “bonus miles” reward period is six months?

Old Mar 1, 2024, 8:58 am

Programs: AA Plt, FB Silver
Originally Posted by mikeFT
Check to see if you got an email from them on the date (or very close to it) referencing the threshold.

Mine says in the subject line: "Michael, you unlocked the 100,000 Loyalty Point Reward level". I'm not sure if the date the email was received is or isn't the exact date the benefit was applied, but should be closer than other ways of guessing.
Thanks—found it!
Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:36 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
Hit the 100K mid December 2023 and again end of March 2024. The hotel stay that posted end of March, 2024 does not include a bonus, let alone the 30% bonus. I think I will wait and see if AA corrects the posting of the bonus. I like the bonus, but AA made the entire loyalty program too complicated. If the bonus should be in effect for 180 day, the bonus should be in effect for 180 days. Not a difficult concept.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:51 am

there's a couple things AA could do to make the LP program more user-friendly and at the same time, let them give themselves proper credit for the giveaways they uniquely have:
Here are some I came up with
  • dashboard on the app and aa.com showing LPs rolling annual total to date (not that we'll see others' totals, but it gives you a sense of how competitive you may be for an upgrade)
  • dashboard for 20% or 30% bonus status we've earned (they could even use the fact we have only a certain number of days left of 20% or 30% as a way to drive spending)
mikeFT likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.