Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Complimentary alcohol options at CLT Admirals Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Complimentary alcohol options at CLT Admirals Club

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond for Life
Originally Posted by thunderdeacon
The only correction I might make to that above list is that the complimentary bourbon has been Jim Beam lately. Neither Evan Williams nor Jim beam are great, but they are drinkable with cola or club soda. I won't drink them on the rocks like I do Woodford and other higher class bourbons.
To each, his own… I quite enjoy Jim Beam - with mixers, on the rocks, and most often neat. In fact, Jim Beam is one of three staples in my home bar (the other two being Tito’s and Glenlivet 12).

I have simple tastes, and I am okay with that. 😊
AAway and thunderdeacon like this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 6:47 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by enviroian
Miller Lite on draft is free at the C/D club.
The private club where I am a member (not an an airport) doesn’t even serve any beer lower than Sam Adams. Surprising that an Admirals Club would even serve something like Miller Lite. Or maybe I shouldn’t be surprised.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 7:49 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The lack of scotch is annoying. Pre-COVID, their rail scotch was Dewars and honestly, a Dewars and soda is drinkable, especially after the third or fourth one :-)
Old Mar 3, 2023, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler
The private club where I am a member (not an an airport) doesn’t even serve any beer lower than Sam Adams. Surprising that an Admirals Club would even serve something like Miller Lite. Or maybe I shouldn’t be surprised.
I'm assuming that membership to this club isn't attainable by credit card.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP - 2.2 MM, Admirals Club, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Avis Presidents, National Exec
Originally Posted by nachosdelux
really pathetic that they won't provide at least "mid-shelf" complimentary liquor. Cheap cheap cheap!
Honestly, they have upgraded the free booze. It used to be McCormicks or some no-name brand in plastic bottles. Vodka, Gin, Whiskey, etc. Now they do actually have brand names, like Svedka and Jim Bean. I’d consider those mid-shelf or at least close to.

My gripe with the AC is the premium they charge for another brand. I wish they’d adopt an upcharge model. For example, if I go to a normal bar at say a restaurant, a Svedka and Soda might cost $8 where a Ketel soda might cost $10. So that’s a $2 premium. Similarly, a Coors Light might cost $5 and a micro-brew might cost $7-8. Same goes for wine, etc.

Instead, AA will happily give you a house wine, domestic beer, Svedka, but they’ll charge full price for an upgraded drink. I wish maybe they charged $4-5 for the upgraded drinks as sort of an upcharge rather than charging overly inflated full price.
ksucats, wrp96, Hot Pocket and 2 others like this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Originally Posted by BrianV
Honestly, they have upgraded the free booze. It used to be McCormicks or some no-name brand in plastic bottles. Vodka, Gin, Whiskey, etc. Now they do actually have brand names, like Svedka and Jim Bean. I’d consider those mid-shelf or at least close to.

My gripe with the AC is the premium they charge for another brand. I wish they’d adopt an upcharge model. For example, if I go to a normal bar at say a restaurant, a Svedka and Soda might cost $8 where a Ketel soda might cost $10. So that’s a $2 premium. Similarly, a Coors Light might cost $5 and a micro-brew might cost $7-8. Same goes for wine, etc.

Instead, AA will happily give you a house wine, domestic beer, Svedka, but they’ll charge full price for an upgraded drink. I wish maybe they charged $4-5 for the upgraded drinks as sort of an upcharge rather than charging overly inflated full price.
I would definitely buy IPA's or better bourbon from them if they did that. Instead I stick with the house stuff. Can't get myself to pay the same prices for good stuff as I would at the Chili's around the corner. I would not pay for membership and just go to Chili's if I wanted to spend that much for drinks.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 9:06 am
Suspended

Why would anyone drink at the AC when you would often get free drinks onboard?
Old Mar 3, 2023, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Everyone may want first, but not everyone is buying first.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Like someone mentioned above the prices for standard drinks and beers are absurd. They should be lower as we pay an annual fee. They are priced just as much as airport bar so what’s the incentive to buy one at an AC?
Me? I refuse to give AA a dollar more of my hard earned money at their clubs. I’ll knock back a gallon jug of their not ice cold Lite if only on principal alone. That’s what I did yesterday. I think Stella’s were $8 for a poorly poured draft and worst yet not even a proper pint glass. F that. I swallowed my gallon of lite swill in 30 minutes then took a call from AA asking me if I was interested in going to Munich tonight.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DL upgraded their well offerings around 2016 or 2017 I believe (they no longer serve Gordon's Gin/Vodka or Scoresby Scotch, contrary to what some believe). Here are listings -- https://www.delta.com/content/dam/de...b-bar-menu.pdf
Unfortunately, they no longer serve Jack as a complimentary offering, but I find the Old Forester to be an acceptable alternative.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by WeekendTraveler;[url=tel:35058220
35058220[/url]]Why would anyone drink at the AC when you would often get free drinks onboard?
Perhaps to avoid the battle axes that serve it?
Old Mar 3, 2023, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat - some level of status in IHG, Marriot & HIlton
Why not both?
enviroian, AAway, Mr. BoH and 5 others like this.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 10:26 am

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Originally Posted by dave_261
Still lamenting the loss of drink chits.

Fly international from JFK/DFW/ORD/LAX/MIA and get decent liquor.
Fly international from other airport (including CLT/PHL) and get crap.
This is one of the biggest travesties of COVID/Wuhan, IMO.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SNA_Flyer
This is one of the biggest travesties of COVID/Wuhan, IMO.
And this yanking of premium chits yells cheapness more than anything.
Old Mar 3, 2023, 11:49 am

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
Originally Posted by enviroian
I swallowed my gallon of lite swill in 30 minutes then took a call from AA asking me if I was interested in going to Munich tonight.
your liver will hate you in the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.