Wiki Posts
Search

When are meals served?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2023, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

When are meals served?

LAX>HND 10:30 departure

Website says lunch and dinner and I am trying to figure out their cadence for meals/beverage service. Premium Economy cabin if that makes a difference.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by Slothtastic
LAX>HND 10:30 departure Website says lunch and dinner and I am trying to figure out their cadence for meals/beverage service. Premium Economy cabin if that makes a difference.
Beginning and end of the flight. More precisely, preparation for serving the first meal starts soon after takeoff, and the last meal is served in time to be cleaned up before landing. This holds for long-haul flights regardless of the length, and serves to maximize the sleep opportunity. The first meal is usually a bit bigger/more elaborate than the last one. Very long flights (TPAC) may have an additional hot mid-flight snack.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 8:22 pm

Deleted, read wrong time of the flight

Last edited by skylady; Feb 23, 2023 at 2:43 pm
Old Feb 22, 2023, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by skylady
Dinner shortly after takeoff, and breakfast 1:30 before landing.
Except OP specified a daytime westbound flight that has lunch and dinner, not dinner and breakfast.
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 9:48 pm

Programs: My opinions are not those of AA or any affiliates of AMR Corp.
1st meal shortly after takeoff, possibly a mid-flight snack (since it is 12hrs), then follow-on meal (generally) 1:30 before landing
skylady likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
Except OP specified a daytime westbound flight that has lunch and dinner, not dinner and breakfast.
Doesn't really matter. A 10:30 departure is going to land around 2:30 PM. You can quibble over whether it should be called lunch or dinner, but whatever the second meal, it's going to be served around the same time - 90ish minutes before arrival.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:45 am

During both meals, tea is offered for those who prefer it. Passengers can relax and enjoy their meals knowing that they have a variety of beverages to choose from.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.