Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Going to EZE.... what are the chances of Upgrade at Check in

Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold

I am flying for the first time from ORD to EZE... I am flying PE.... i was curious what other FLyertalk users experience is with getting an upgrade at checkin or an promotions before on this route.

Does anyone have any suggestions if its better to fly from DFW or MIA with this in mind.

Thanks again
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by feysul
I am flying for the first time from ORD to EZE... I am flying PE.... i was curious what other FLyertalk users experience is with getting an upgrade at checkin or an promotions before on this route.

Does anyone have any suggestions if its better to fly from DFW or MIA with this in mind.

Thanks again
Just check your reservation periodically from now until check-in, both at aa.com and in the app, AA will almost certainly have some sort of buy-up offer to business class. Flying via DFW or MIA doesn't matter but generally speaking the offers will be cheaper the more empty the cabin is.
feysul likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
I would go via MIA as MIA-EZE is a 77W (8 F and 52J) vs DFW-EZE on a 788 (20J). This is a general rule of thumb, what date are you flying? That will help get specific loads.
asnovici and feysul like this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
I would go via MIA as MIA-EZE is a 77W (8 F and 52J) vs DFW-EZE on a 788 (20J). This is a general rule of thumb, what date are you flying? That will help get specific loads.
I am flying either march 18th or 19th. Im flexible
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

March 18: F7 A7 C7 J7 R0 D4 I0 . On the seat map, 8/8 F seats are open and 29/52 J
March 19: F6
A6 C7 J7 R7 D7 I0. On the seat map, 6/8 F seats are open and 30/52 J

Both look about even right now.

Besides way more seats, the 77W has a vastly superior business class seat to the 788.
feysul likes this.

Last edited by Antarius; Feb 3, 2023 at 4:10 pm
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

March 18: F7 A7 C7 J7 R0 D4 I0 . On the seat map, 8/8 F seats are open and 29/52 J
March 19: F6
A6 C7 J7 R7 D7 I0. On the seat map, 6/8 F seats are open and 30/52 J

Both look about even right now.

Besides way more seats, the 77W has a vastly superior business class seat to the 788.

Thank you very much for your help. Is this something I can check myself. Is this from ExpertFlyer?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you very much for your help. Is this something I can check myself. Is this from ExpertFlyer?
Welcome. Yes, this is from Expertflyer.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 4mm / Free Agent / GE / Secret Handshake

Thanks again
I fly to EZE regularly. Can't comment on the upgrades. Personal preference is JFK or DFW to maximize sleeping time and arrive somewhat awake.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Thanks but If i can get Business upgrade I will fly from wherever. and it appears the DFW J spaces are pretty much full.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Welcome. Yes, this is from Expertflyer.
Thank you.....I am Iberia Platino One World Emerald... does that do anything for me with respect to upgrades

And finally... if I book my AA ticket under my Iberia FF Number will that affect me being offered an upgrade?

Thanks
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jcf27
I fly to EZE regularly. Can't comment on the upgrades. Personal preference is JFK or DFW to maximize sleeping time and arrive somewhat awake.
MIA to EZE also arrives in the morning similar to JFK and DFW..... am I missing something?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you.....I am Iberia Platino One World Emerald... does that do anything for me with respect to upgrades

And finally... if I book my AA ticket under my Iberia FF Number will that affect me being offered an upgrade?

Thanks
It won't really affect anything. You won't get any special treatment for upgrades but it won't stop you from any upgrade offers etc.

MIA to EZE also arrives in the morning similar to JFK and DFW..... am I missing something?
MIA-EZE is about an hour and a half shorter than the other 2 flights, so cuts into sleep a little bit.

MIA-EZE is still 9 hours, so you'll get a decent amount. It's way better than JFK-LHR, for example.
feysul likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.