FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2023 (consolidated) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2109683-aa-celebrity-sightings-related-2023-consolidated.html)

FAA1996 Jan 28, 2023 7:06 am

AA Celebrity Sightings and Related for 2023 (consolidated)

Yesterday 5:30pm at the Admiral's Club in TPA: Mike Tyson walks in with 3 other people. He seems to be I a good mood and helped himself to some snacks. Quick Google search showed he'd had a couple of meet and greets in Tampa on January 26 and 27.

njvandy Feb 2, 2023 7:58 am

Bill Clinton on AA4363 this morning from LGA-DCA

Uzzar Feb 3, 2023 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by njvandy (Post 34978924)
Bill Clinton on AA4363 this morning from LGA-DCA

Wow, i thought he would only fly private...interesting.

GNRMatt Feb 3, 2023 8:42 pm

Congressman Brendan Boyle (Represents the Philly area) was on PHL-LAX in the PE section of the plane today.

steamboatdevil Feb 4, 2023 12:59 am

AZ senator on trip to DC. Shocked they put her name on in the upgrade list. Very easy to tell she was going to be on the flight.

AmericanCaptive Feb 15, 2023 4:46 am

Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack on AA 5312 from MSY-DCA

aztimm Feb 15, 2023 6:54 am

Moderator note:

If you choose to contribute to this thread, please follow the instructions in the WikiPost at the top of this thread:

Please provide a brief bio and/or a link to the Wikipedia page of the celebrity so we don't have to guess what they are famous for.

If the person who is generally well-known to a broad audience, such as Mike Tyson or Bill Clinton, then you can skip this step.

Thank you.

/moderator

aztimm Feb 15, 2023 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Uzzar (Post 34983495)
Wow, i thought he would only fly private...interesting.

He and Hillary regularly fly commercial. I believe the picture posted here was taken while HRC was running for President back in 2016:
Hillary Clinton's Feet on the Aircraft Bulkhead: What Do You Think? - View from the Wing

lrbenko Feb 15, 2023 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Uzzar (Post 34983495)
Wow, I thought he would only fly private...interesting.

I was on a tiny CRJ(I think) back in 2011 from White Plains to DCA and Clinton boarded with 2-3 staff. Very friendly, waved to everyone and said hello. The plane had pulled back from the gate, paused, reopened the door after a few police vehicles and black SUV's pulled up on the tarmac and he boarded. Same process reversed on arrival in DCA.

WeekendTraveler Feb 15, 2023 7:38 am

It’s troubling that politicians who, at least by their words, support Amtrak don’t take it. I recall sitting on the US Airways Shuttle, across the aisle from a leading pro-Amtrak Senator, and wanted to ask him why he didn’t take it.

njvandy Feb 15, 2023 8:33 am

Originally Posted by aztimm (Post 35013154)
He and Hillary regularly fly commercial. I believe the picture posted here was taken while HRC was running for President back in 2016:
Hillary Clinton's Feet on the Aircraft Bulkhead: What Do You Think? - View from the Wing

He was in bulkhead F on the E175 and pre-boarded. We were seated in row 2 right behind him and found USSS agents in our seats, who moved back to row 3 without a fuss when we showed them our BPs. Bill was joking around with us and the FAs the entire flight.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...687a651b78.jpg

jlp187 May 27, 2023 5:25 pm

Queens of the Stone Age

CMH-BOS today at 135pm. Sat in 1D and the rest of the band all behind/besides us (wife and kids on 1F, 2D, 2F respectively). They played last night at the old Crew Stadium in cbus (Sonic Temple 2023 Festival).

uscjeff May 31, 2023 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by jlp187 (Post 35283836)
CMH-BOS today at 135pm. Sat in 1D and the rest of the band all behind/besides us (wife and kids on 1F, 2D, 2F respectively). They played last night at the old Crew Stadium in cbus (Sonic Temple 2023 Festival).

Funny - I saw QOTSA play at Boston Calling on Sunday and sure enough they were in the AC at Logan on Monday.

nineworldseries Jun 2, 2023 3:52 pm

I'm on AA 185 on the A321T in 4F going JFK-LAX and Grace Jones is in 5F right behind me. She was also in the Chelsea lounge in JFK before takeoff. I did not recognize her in the lounge but immediately knew she was a celebrity, wearing a resplendent outfit of a black one-piece pilot's jumpsuit and matching leather pilot helmet with goggles. I must say she looks amazing for 75 (and period!). Apparently she delivered an incredible show in NYC last night and was talking about how Whoopi gushed about her on The View.

Much, much, much, less exciting on my first leg this morning CMH-JFK, U.S. Congressman Jim Jordan. I was not seated next to him in F, rather fortunately.

spanishflea Jun 2, 2023 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by nineworldseries (Post 35299220)
I'm on AA 185 on the A321T in 4F going JFK-LAX and Grace Jones is in 5F right behind me. She was also in the Chelsea lounge in JFK before takeoff. I did not recognize her in the lounge but immediately knew she was a celebrity, wearing a resplendent outfit of a black one-piece pilot's jumpsuit and matching leather pilot helmet with goggles. I must say she looks amazing for 75 (and period!). Apparently she delivered an incredible show in NYC last night and was talking about how Whoopi gushed about her on The View.

Much, much, much, less exciting on my first leg this morning CMH-JFK, U.S. Congressman Jim Jordan. I was not seated next to him in F, rather fortunately.

She is performing at LA Pride this weekend.