Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Same day flight change - JFK instead of LGA?

Same day flight change - JFK instead of LGA?

Old Jan 24, 23, 10:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA EXP, UA Silver, AC 75K. Marriott LTT, HH Diamond (Aspire)
Fare Class is Y - which I suppose could be anytime award - the flight now has a different PNR than the orginal and the locator did not have her advantage number. It's JAL ticket stock thoiugh. We'll see what happens. At this point I am happy she doesn't have to go to LGA
donotblink likes this.
Old Jan 24, 23, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA, UA, Marriott
Originally Posted by flying_geek View Post
Fare Class is Y - which I suppose could be anytime award - the flight now has a different PNR than the orginal and the locator did not have her advantage number. It's JAL ticket stock thoiugh. We'll see what happens. At this point I am happy she doesn't have to go to LGA
Give her a heads up the airtrain isn't running right now at T1 so she doesnt go in a frustrating circle to the airtrain station and back down: https://www.jfkairport.com/announcem...ion12-closures

At least the bus shuttle goes direct T1<>T8 so it's minimal disruption.
Old Jan 25, 23, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lrdpenn View Post
Give her a heads up the airtrain isn't running right now at T1 so she doesnt go in a frustrating circle to the airtrain station and back down: https://www.jfkairport.com/announcem...ion12-closures

Thank you. Very useful.
Old Jan 25, 23, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lrdpenn View Post

Thank you. Very useful.
Old Jan 25, 23, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by awayIgo View Post
I live midway between JFK and LGA. A few comments

a. you mentioned a shuttle in an earlier post. It appears to be no longer running. The shuttles were never very popular and since Covid, they haven't returned.

b. There is major construction on the route (Van Wyke Expressway) between the two airports. It can easily taken an hour or more to get from one to the other. ( by taxi)

I do not know if it is a doable as your feel. --and don't forget winter weather!
Ive transferred JFK to LGA twice. Took about 90 minutes tops via public transit. Air Train to E Train to Q70-SBS. Would I do it with two big bags? No. Would I do it with a carry on and a backpack? Sure.
Old Jan 25, 23, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Final update - she ended up in a PE seat in row 16. She was able to grab some food in the lounge (she got in with the JAL boarding pass from NRT). Would it be a little nicer in some of the empty seats in the front - sure - but really a PE seat is the same as an F seat on the 737 of the later flight (where she was booked in Y too).

This should be the last update - all worked out

Search this Thread