Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (2023-24)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (2023-24)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2023, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by scstrider86
Will I have access to the Soho Lounge at JFK under the following (only asking because of that blurry line with "arriving" language):
- Executive Platinum
- Flying Doha-DFW on Qatar
- Flying DFW-JFK same day, but on separate PNR
- JFK is final stop. Since this last leg is a domestic flight, I'll still be airside and could get to the lounge. Will they let me in? I have the status and am flying international the same day, but am arriving and the last leg is a different PNR
Pretty much the exact same answer as directly above, which is maybe.

In terms of oneworld rules, no access since you don't have an onward flight.

In terms of AA's rules, you should have access since they include arrivals although there's a bit of a grey area here since this is a joint AA/BA lounge and not a Flagship Lounge any more. Although on the joint premium lounges page they do include "arriving" under qualifying AAdvantage & MP customers.

If you want to stop in the lounge on arrival then I'd certainly give it a try, and do report back.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, MARRIOTT TI, HILTON GLD
Thanks so much, JJeffrey. That's kind of what I was figuring. I may end up flying into LGA instead but if I do JFK and try going to Soho, I will definitely report back!
Old Feb 22, 2023, 6:35 pm

Accessing lounge upon arrival in GIG?

Flying Mia-Rio in Flagship Bus---is it possible to enter the Lounge in RIO upon arrival for an hour ?
Old Feb 22, 2023, 7:25 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
The AA lounge at Rio is inside security intended for departing customers. Once you clear customs, you'll be landslide without access.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 7:38 pm

Understand
butif I don’t clear security will they let in arriving guests?

Just found the answer
YES it’s permitted!

Last edited by Microwave; Feb 23, 2023 at 4:39 pm Reason: Merged consecutive posts for readability
Old Feb 22, 2023, 7:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, WOH Globalist
Your issue isn't AA allowing you access to the lounge. You don't have a choice to remain airside after landing and will be forced to go directly to customs and immigration.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 8:50 pm
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fb0075
Just found the answer
YES it’s permitted!
Curious - would you mind sharing this piece of info you found that states you can use the lounge in Rio after landing from the USA?
LowValueCustomer likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 1:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by PHL
Curious - would you mind sharing this piece of info you found that states you can use the lounge in Rio after landing from the USA?
It's not a state secret - lounges allow access on arrival, and AA does not have a policy prohibiting this. So AA's answer will be "yes, accessing a lounge upon arrival is allowed". As others have noted, gaining access to the sterile area where the lounge is located is an entirely separate matter, one which AA has no authority over. AA would be happy to allow an arriving passenger into a lounge, but the practical realities of border control and airport security will prohibit this in most cases.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:15 am

Programs: SWA- A pref
Before I embarrass myself. Arrived at JFK this morning from DEL in J. I have an onward connection today JFK>CLT>SAT. Do I get lounge access in CLT even though it’s my 2nd domestic on same day of arrival from DEL? Thanks!
Old Feb 23, 2023, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by jlgab345
Before I embarrass myself. Arrived at JFK this morning from DEL in J. I have an onward connection today JFK>CLT>SAT. Do I get lounge access in CLT even though it’s my 2nd domestic on same day of arrival from DEL? Thanks!
Yep.
jlgab345 likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 6:29 am

Programs: AA, DL, TK
Flying BOS-LAX-HNL in J. BOS-LAX is Flagship (321T); LAX-HNL is not. The connection in LAX is overnight.
  • AC access in BOS is given due to Flagship.
  • Is any access in LAX permitted? Would the answer be different if not an overnight connection?
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by fb0075
but if I don’t clear security
Then getting into the lounge is the least of your worries.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 8:23 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by javabytes
It's not a state secret - lounges allow access on arrival, and AA does not have a policy prohibiting this. So AA's answer will be "yes, accessing a lounge upon arrival is allowed". As others have noted, gaining access to the sterile area where the lounge is located is an entirely separate matter, one which AA has no authority over. AA would be happy to allow an arriving passenger into a lounge, but the practical realities of border control and airport security will prohibit this in most cases.
Exactly. I'm curious where the OP "found the answer" that shows he would be able to do this. Unless he is only referring to the blurb that says he is entitled access, but completely ignoring the method by which they would get back through the sterile are if they are not flying onward from the same terminal.
njvandy likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by javabytes
Would this apply?
https://www.americanairlines.fr/i18n...s/gig-club.jsp

Old Feb 23, 2023, 3:27 pm

Hey just checking for a OWS flying HND - SFO - LAX [same day] where HND-SFO is JAL metal marketed by AA and SFO-LAX is AA, will I get lounge access in SFO? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.