Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (2023-24)

HELP DESK: Will I Have Lounge Access? Which, Access, Rules (2023-24)

Old Mar 28, 2023, 10:07 am

Oh wow, thanks so much.
Old Mar 31, 2023, 7:14 pm

Hello, this may not have been tested ever before but I am looking if I can access the Chelesea or Soho Lounge? at JFK

LHR to JFK (First- Z class) (arrive 6PM) (booked via etihad)
Seperate booking via AA (JFK to BOS) (same day) -Depart 9PM.

No status
My understanding was previously with flagship first dining, this was possible but now this is no longer a ffd?
If its not possible then I might just stay the night in NYC
Old Apr 1, 2023, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by Rade775
Hello, this may not have been tested ever before but I am looking if I can access the Chelesea or Soho Lounge? at JFK

LHR to JFK (First- Z class) (arrive 6PM) (booked via etihad)
Seperate booking via AA (JFK to BOS) (same day) -Depart 9PM.

No status
My understanding was previously with flagship first dining, this was possible but now this is no longer a ffd?
If its not possible then I might just stay the night in NYC
At a high level nothing has changed with regards to the old FFD access rules vs the new Chelsea lounge access rules.

You're flying LHR-JFK-BOS in F so it will be no problem to access Chelsea at JFK. Since these are separate tix make sure to save your LHR-JFK boarding pass to show for entry.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 12:58 pm

Thank you sounds like its the same as before then, forgot to mention the last segment of the flight JFK to BOS is in economy, actually does that matter?

Thanks again
Old Apr 2, 2023, 1:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
How does the partnership work with B6 now? Flying B6 with Qantas Club soon and curious if they treat like one world or not. The Qantas Club rules would indicate no not even on AA codeshare but on AA site it seems like B6 non-TATL is treated like oneworld for status purposes.
Old Apr 2, 2023, 2:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by Rade775
Thank you sounds like its the same as before then, forgot to mention the last segment of the flight JFK to BOS is in economy, actually does that matter?

Thanks again
Does not matter. Unless get an incompetent or dragon agent.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Flying BOS-JFK-SFO, with the JFK-SFO portion in Flagship First. Both on the same day.

Will I still get Admirals Club access in Boston due to the JFK-SFO portion, or is it only for international connections?

Thanks,
Mike
Old Apr 7, 2023, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef
Flying BOS-JFK-SFO, with the JFK-SFO portion in Flagship First. Both on the same day.

Will I still get Admirals Club access in Boston due to the JFK-SFO portion, or is it only for international connections?

Thanks,
Mike
Yep, no problem to access the AC at BOS.
econ likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by mikeef

Did the same itinerary with JFK-SFO in Flagship J last year. I scanned the JFK-SFO boarding pass at the BOS AC and was granted access with no issue.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 4:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
How does the partnership work with B6 now? Flying B6 with Qantas Club soon and curious if they treat like one world or not. The Qantas Club rules would indicate no not even on AA codeshare but on AA site it seems like B6 non-TATL is treated like oneworld for status purposes.
fwiw the jfk club seems like they'd honor this but will test in sfo in two weeks
Old Apr 8, 2023, 6:54 am

Flying Lax-jfk flagship business with Pp

I noticed on the one world website it mentions that flying flagship business or first on transcon allows lounge access and I have used the flagship lounge everytime at both airports but I wanted to know if this applied to other first class lounges with the emerald status? I wanted to check out the quanta’s first lounge at lax but didn’t know if the emerald access meant only for flagship lounges or all lounges
Old Apr 8, 2023, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gost86
I noticed on the one world website it mentions that flying flagship business or first on transcon allows lounge access and I have used the flagship lounge everytime at both airports but I wanted to know if this applied to other first class lounges with the emerald status? I wanted to check out the quanta’s first lounge at lax but didn’t know if the emerald access meant only for flagship lounges or all lounges
As an AA PLT Pro (or EXP) flying one of the special transcons status doesn't get you any lounge access benefits, only class of service.

So if you're in business class you can use the Greenwich lounge at JFK, and the Flasghip Lounge at LAX. If you're in First then you can access the Chelsea or Soho lounges at JFK but still just the FL at LAX.

As an AA elite you must be traveling on a qualifying international itinerary to access the oneworld lounges at LAX. So if you were flying say LAX-LHR (in any class of service) you would have access to the QF F lounge, etc.
Majuki likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by JJeffrey
Yep, no problem to access the AC at BOS.
Originally Posted by econ
Did the same itinerary with JFK-SFO in Flagship J last year. I scanned the JFK-SFO boarding pass at the BOS AC and was granted access with no issue.
Thank you both!
Mike
Old Apr 8, 2023, 9:35 am

As an AA PLT Pro (or EXP) flying one of the special transcons status doesn't get you any lounge access benefits, only class of service.

So if you're in business class you can use the Greenwich lounge at JFK, and the Flasghip Lounge at LAX. If you're in First then you can access the Chelsea or Soho lounges at JFK but still just the FL at LAX.

As an AA elite you must be traveling on a qualifying international itinerary to access the oneworld lounges at LAX. So if you were flying say LAX-LHR (in any class of service) you would have access to the QF F lounge, etc.

thank you for the Info the oneworld website is very confusing with their restrictions, I do have a lax-Doh award flight coming up so I’ll get to check out the quanta’s lounge then.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 11:58 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
If you're in First then you can access the Chelsea or Soho lounges at JFK but still just the FL at LAX.
In this scenario, you'd additionally have access to Flagship First Dining at LAX if it ever reopens.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.