Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2023 AA International Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Old Jan 1, 2023, 5:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, SkyMiles

Introduction

Welcome to the 2023 version of the combined AA meals thread, focusing on international. To help give us a clear picture of your experience, remember to include routes, times, meal designation (breakfast/lunch/dinner/snack/refreshments/none), and if you want, seat number. Photos are welcome and very helpful. Those are guidelines, but of course, the format/style is all yours. Of course, discussion of improvements and/or cutbacks, questions, and thoughts are also welcome.

Format Sample
This is a format you can use when introducing your meal report. This is just a sample format; deviations are expected and are okay. If you want to see other examples of past formats, check out historical Int'l meal threads - or just post the same way you've always done.

AA2: JFK-LHR: 7pm
Dinner
777 (3-class)
Business Class

(from here, share the menu, experiences and/or photos)

Historical Meal Reports
Looking for older meal posts? Enjoy reading international meal threads from years past!For the 2023 Domestic Meals thread, click here.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 10:10 am

AA Auckland

Really lovely flight AA 34 from AKL to DFW

Looks like Business Class is back

Great service. Warm nuts, warm croissants, hot towels, appetizers, hot fudge sundaes.
Beautiful plane with wifi and large crisp entertainment display with huge variety
Old Jan 12, 2023, 10:41 am

Programs: AA, UA
2/2 PHL-MAD Menu Thoughts?

AA740: PHL-MAD 8p
Dinner
Business Class

Several choices, but find it odd they have two chicken selections. Any thoughts?

2/2AA740 PHL-MAD
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:28 pm

^the last chicken choice is part of their "wellness menu" selection..i you go for the chicken I suggest the regular one, I've heard the wellness one also comes with its own appetizer and isn't as good.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think the commentary on the Golden chicken in the 2022 thread was mixed-to-favorable, but do note it has a separate appetizer.

I think I have the same choices as derek for an upcoming flight. As it's a work trip I will eat in the lounge and try to sleep quickly, but I may order the harvest vegetable & grain bowl which actually sounds kind of interesting and I like poached salmon. So perhaps I will take one for the team (I haven't seen any reviews of it).
Old Jan 12, 2023, 8:57 pm

Programs: AS 100K
AA20 First DFW-LHR later this month

Not sure if I should go for the filet or golden chicken. Don't really want the GC appetizer though. I am planning on eating at the DFW FFD. Are any of the special meals out of DFW any good?

Old Jan 22, 2023, 5:20 pm

Programs: United airlines mileage plus, British airways
Hi. Can you share any other details of your flight. I am flying in a month in business class and wondering what to expect on the flight to Auckland. Thank you
Old Jan 22, 2023, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wow only 7 posts and no pictures of food. Compare that to the UA Polaris thread with 144 posts and lots of pictures of slop.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 5:45 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
1/202023: LAX to LHR. Business Class.

Sealink and Sydneyberlin like this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 5:52 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
1/22/2023: LHR to LAX

The mini pot-pies were awesome! I wish they would have them on US domestic flights.

chrisny2 and Sealink like this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:29 am

Does anyone have any menu pics (or info) about what to expect on the JFK-DEL route in J?
Old Jan 27, 2023, 9:43 am

Programs: AA, Hilton
The options on our JFK-SXM are

Butter squash risotto

Golden chicken

Traditional harvest and grain bowl.

I read the 2022 comments about the golden chicken and probably going with that but what’s the separate appetizer? The hummus? What would be the ….typical appetizer?.?
Old Feb 3, 2023, 7:56 pm

Programs: AS 100K
AA20 F DFW - LHR Jan 2023

Pre ordered chicken and didn't regret that. I ate at the DFW FFD, so I appreciated something light inflight.

Overall, Other than the cringe, loud, and unnecessary announcement (by the Purser, who was very nice and very casual) to the entire F cabin about the flight being understaffed by two FAs, so to expect thing to "be slow and food will get served when they get served", the flight was pretty good.

Sealink likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:17 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by atcanobbio
AA20 F DFW - LHR Jan 2023

Pre ordered chicken and didn't regret that. I ate at the DFW FFD, so I appreciated something light inflight.

Overall, Other than the cringe, loud, and unnecessary announcement (by the Purser, who was very nice and very casual) to the entire F cabin about the flight being understaffed by two FAs, so to expect thing to "be slow and food will get served when they get served", the flight was pretty good.
I can't believe AA serves virtually the same chicken dish in flagship F as they do domestic J.
Sealink likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by golfer20
I can't believe AA serves virtually the same chicken dish in flagship F as they do domestic J.
I can.
Sydneyberlin, Pinned and taxatty56 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.