Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

2023 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2023 AA Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (master thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2023, 1:41 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Well, à chacun son goût, I suppose -- I personally enjoyed that caramel tart thoroughly, from the crumbly shortbread crust to the intensely sweet and buttery caramel to the disc of chocolate on top. One of my favorite AA desserts regardless of the temperature served. Now, I'd still prefer the ice cream (with extra caramel sauce) but not by a big margin.
Note to self- trust Platbrownguys champagne recommendations but not desserts

That thing was ONE note, wayyyyy too sweet and I couldnt even break the darn crust it was frozen so bad.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by happiest_at_40000
Note to self- trust Platbrownguys champagne recommendations but not desserts

That thing was ONE note, wayyyyy too sweet and I couldnt even break the darn crust it was frozen so bad.
Haha -- there is some truth to that, I'm actually not much of a dessert guy anyhow. I rarely eat it. And maybe I have never had the misfortune of having it that frozen. But for me that caramel tart was perfect. It was absolutely one-note and very sweet, but it was like the perfect F# major chord, why would you want any other notes. Delightful.
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Haha -- there is some truth to that, I'm actually not much of a dessert guy anyhow. I rarely eat it. And maybe I have never had the misfortune of having it that frozen. But for me that caramel tart was perfect. It was absolutely one-note and very sweet, but it was like the perfect F# major chord, why would you want any other notes. Delightful.
I love caramel but I just couldnt do that thing. I thought they ginger toffee cake thing was decent. Think the butter cake is overrated. I remember having some decent diff. desserts on United maybe 2017 and 2018 but I know now they are lagging and way behind AA.

I think those tarts were dubbed hockey pucks somewhere way up thread due to how hard they were.
Old Jan 23, 2023, 7:49 pm

Flying TUS-DFW-SJU-Business. Have the choice of the SHORT RIB WITH GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCE Served with Gruyere and pimento mac n' cheese or a few other choices. Does the short rib come with a salad like the other short rib with polenta? Our other choices are Classic Cheese Ravioli, Golden Roasted Chicken, or the Harvest bowl. Also, we are just under the 2,200 miles at 2165 miles, so ice cream instead of a sundae? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old Jan 23, 2023, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by Sunshinegd1
Flying TUS-DFW-SJU-Business. Have the choice of the SHORT RIB WITH GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCE Served with Gruyere and pimento mac n' cheese or a few other choices. Does the short rib come with a salad like the other short rib with polenta? Our other choices are Classic Cheese Ravioli, Golden Roasted Chicken, or the Harvest bowl. Also, we are just under the 2,200 miles at 2165 miles, so ice cream instead of a sundae? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
yes to salad and short rib all the way here
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 12:04 am

Programs: AA (EXP 7 years), UA, Delta, Marriott
Originally Posted by precielous
Here are the meal options for the First/Business cabin (LAX-PHL early morning flihgt).
Which one would be better if anyone has tried both? Or maybe a special meal (Hindu/Kosher)?
I would go with the Salmon. Had it last week and was nice.
BWISkyGuy and precielous like this.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 10:32 am

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, AmEx Membership Rewards
Originally Posted by twistfly
I would go with the Salmon. Had it last week and was nice.
Just make sure to bring your own bagel, if you can. There is a good chance it will be rock hard.
LCSinTexas likes this.

Last edited by FlyFreakquently; Jan 25, 2023 at 10:42 am
Old Jan 25, 2023, 11:12 am

Programs: AS 100K
AA2234 JFK-DFW 759am departure

​​Breakfast - Special Meal (diabetic)

Really had no idea what to expect. Pretty much a lighter version of the charcuterie plate lol.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 12:22 pm

AA First LIH-LAX meal

AA: LIH-LAX: 3:08 pm
Lunch/Dinner
A321neo
First Class, 4D
flight date: Mon, Jan 23, 2023

Last edited by bluedog44; Jan 25, 2023 at 12:23 pm Reason: add date
Old Jan 25, 2023, 12:27 pm

[QUOTE=bluedog44;34956728]AA: LIH-LAX: 3:08 pm
Lunch/Dinner
A321neo
First Class, 4D
flight date: Mon, Jan 23, 2023

Asked flight attendant about a Mai Tai but she looked at me like she had no idea what that was. A Hawaii flight and no Mai Tai? Flew Hawaiian Airlines to Lihue and that is standard. Not that important though. It was a nice flight. But they did get the pre-order meal wrong for my seat mate, who ordered healthy meal with vegetables. She got "golden chicken" which wasn't very good. She was not very happy. Flight attendant told her that they just started (2 weeks ago) servicing meals out of Lihue (not LAX) so Lihue food service obviously got a few things wrong, like no brownie for dessert choice even though menu mentions it. She said she would let Lihue know.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Mai Tai's are only available on Hawaii flights to/from DFW.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 12:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bluedog44
But they did get the pre-order meal wrong for my seat mate, who ordered healthy meal with vegetables. She got "golden chicken" which wasn't very good. She was not very happy. Flight attendant told her that they just started (2 weeks ago) servicing meals out of Lihue (not LAX) so Lihue food service obviously got a few things wrong, like no brownie for dessert choice even though menu mentions it. She said she would let Lihue know.
Definitely surprising to see the regular meal choices out of LIH as it's been an odd station for years. The golden chicken is the other "healthy" pre order only option so I guess they get props for trying?
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:22 pm

I will say, the golden chicken was not very tasty, same with the twice-baked potato. I took pics but only after I started eating so I didn't post them. The salads before chicken entree were nice. And ice cream sundae tasty. Still, the HA meal (LAX-LIH) was better. I posted pics of that. For the Mai Tai, I assumed it would be a choice bc I flew that AA, DFW-HNL in Business (on a system-wide upgrade) where, as mentioned, it is offered.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: Former UA MP1P. [About to donate all my miles to Hero Miles.]
Originally Posted by nismo240ssx
Is anyone struggling to have the pre-order link pull up? I will call issues on a different thread in October I tried on the Android app and on the PC website with the same result. This is specific to the last 12 hours
Yes! Both their website and app (iOS) display the menu page that's empty and broken. We have a 1st/business round trip from SFO to EZE coming up next month so we REALLY need to make sure they get our special meal requests in., Otherwise it's a day and a half of eating nothing but peanuts. I just sent them a DM on Twitter. If I don't get a response by tomorrow I guess I'll have to phone them.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:24 pm

Any idea what "meal" to expect for "dinner" service on PHL-IAH in a E175?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.