Wiki Posts
Search

FJ codeshare on AA metal -- PNR question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2022, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, but I play the field
FJ codeshare on AA metal -- PNR question

I have Fiji Airways ticket, purchased through American Express travel. The itinerary is SYD-NAN-LAX-STL. The last segment, is operated by AA. I have been trying without luck to get the AA PNR for LAX-STL segment to no avail. I've scoured all travel documents received from FJ and Amex. I have called FJ, and the agent claims there is only a single PNR, and no separate code for AA. I have used that PNR on "Check My Trip" but the CMT record does not show a separate AA code. I have tried using the FJ PNR to search on AA, as well as the "Manage my booking" feature on Royal Jordanian and BA. In the latter three cases (AA, RJ, BA) the PNR does not pull up any record at all, ditto for the FJ ticket number.

Am I incorrect to think that the AA segment should have its own PNR? I've never had such difficulty tracking down a partner airline PNR before, and before pursuing the matter further I thought I would double check that I'm not seeking something that does not exist. Next possible steps I've thought of: (1) HUCA at FJ; (2) try Amex Travel but their customer service is reportedly terrible; or (3) try AA, and see if someone is willing to look it up via my flight number and last name.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 1:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Have you tried making a telephone call to AA and asking? Just giving flight details, an agent would be able to find the booking and confirm what the record locator is

There may be a separate record for AA. In some cases with codeshares there may be no 2nd locator - in many cases there is
Old Dec 8, 2022, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Have you tried making a telephone call to AA and asking? Just giving flight details, an agent would be able to find the booking

There may be a separate record for AA? have you tried using the FJ record locator?
Thanks for the reply. I have not yet called AA -- that's on my list of potential next steps, but I just wanted to double-check that I'm not crazy for thinking there should be a separate AA PNR. (I am using the term PNR as being synonymous with 'record locator number" perhaps that is not technically correct. But yes I've already tried using the FJ record locator number on AA and the other sites listed above).
Old Dec 8, 2022, 2:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

In many (most?) cases there will be a separate record for the operating airline. It isn't always the case though, but would be surprised in this case if there was not

Asking AA seems to be the simplest method of getting the AA record locator

When I have made bookings with American Express, the airline references have been provided in the information emailed by American Express

Looking ar the attachment sent by AMEX for a journey earlier this year in email with subject starting "Itinerary INCL TICKETNO for ...", it has
Airline UA
Invoice Date 10 Mar
Ticket Number xxx xxxx xxxxxx
Airline Booking Ref XXXXXX
Routing SYD LAX ORD LHR
ZenFlyer likes this.

Last edited by Dave Noble; Dec 8, 2022 at 2:16 pm
Old Dec 8, 2022, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Call AA. An agent should be able to find that within seconds with the date and flight #. AA will have a PNR, which is very likely different than the FJ one and definitely different than the AX one.
ZenFlyer likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
In many (most?) cases there will be a separate record for the operating airline. It isn't always the case though, but would be surprised in this case if there was not

Asking AA seems to be the simplest method of getting the AA record locator
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
Call AA. An agent should be able to find that within seconds with the date and flight #. AA will have a PNR, which is very likely different than the FJ one and definitely different than the AX one.
Thank you both for the replies and you were right -- the AA agent was able to quickly look up the reservation by flight number and provide the AA record locator number. Next time I'll know where to start . . .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.