Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem ticketing AAward travel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2022, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Problem ticketing AAward travel

It has been more than three weeks since I booked a multi city business class CLT-LHR-ATH for mid-October 2023. This booking is still ON Request. Why so long to get ticketed? I
have never had this problem before. AA says the file is OK. Is the delay with BA for the LHR-ATH portion?
Old Dec 7, 2022, 11:58 am

Ticketing far-out award travel on tickets including partners always takes forever when booked over the phone (online is much faster). Three weeks is on the long side, but I've had it be 2 weeks before the ticket is finally issued.

My understanding is that it has to go to a manual review and they de-prioritize reservations far into the future. I'd give it another week and then call back.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:11 pm

I have had this happen recently, and it can for any number of reasons. For an award ticket on ATN to PPT, I needed it to be cut so that I could select seats. I called AA and asked if they could do it for that reason, and they pushed it through. So just call and ask about the status, asked to have it cut, and see what they say.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I would be thinking that there is definitely a problem - when I make bookings I do it though the centre that the Australian number goes to and if not ticketed in 72 hours will call back and the agent will go to ticketing and sort out the issue

If a partner booking sits unticketed and the ticketing time limit of that airline expires, you can lose your reservation
Old Dec 7, 2022, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I would be thinking that there is definitely a problem - when I make bookings I do it though the centre that the Australian number goes to and if not ticketed in 72 hours will call back and the agent will go to ticketing and sort out the issue

If a partner booking sits unticketed and the ticketing time limit of that airline expires, you can lose your reservation
Or the availability disappears too.

Definitely worth a call.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 10:13 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
When in doubt, always call.
Old Dec 9, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Very recently, I had exactly the same issue with a USA - LHR - EU award being On Request for weeks. I called several times and AA told me to be patient each time and that they needed approval from BA, and that BA were backed up. BA had a back up of 3 to 4 days so given that I had been waiting several weeks, I called AA back again and asked specifically what the issue was. It turned out that taxes had been incorrectly calculated. They sorted it out while I was on the phone and the award was ticketed shortly after.

Keep calling AA, and ask what the issue is other than needing approval from BA. I was told by BA that if award space is available no approval from them is necessary. If you have a BA reference number for the BA portion of the flight (which you can see when you look at the detailed reservation) then BA have approved the award and the hold up is with AA. Keep calling until you get someone willing to dig into this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.