Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JetBlue on AA's site or B6's?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2022, 7:24 am
Original Poster

JetBlue on AA's site or B6's?

I am AA Exec Plat and there are some JetBlue flights that I can get either on AA's site as codeshares or on JetBlue's site. Is there a difference in how many loyalty points or miles I earn by booking through AA vs. JB?
Old Dec 5, 2022, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by bostongirl7
I am AA Exec Plat and there are some JetBlue flights that I can get either on AA's site as codeshares or on JetBlue's site. Is there a difference in how many loyalty points or miles I earn by booking through AA vs. JB?
No -- unless the fares differ from one site to the other.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
I found no difference, except that credits to AAdvantage worked better when booking through AA.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 12:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP, DL PM, AS 100k (fake), B6 M3 (fake), BA Gold (fake), UA FO.
I recall that one channel had fewer issues getting AA perks honored on B6 without a hassle, and I believe it was the AA channel which was better in this respect. However, hopefully others more knowledgeable than I can weigh in.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
I've booked both often as if I have B6 credits from Transatlantic B6 cust service/refunds, etc (which is not part of AA NE Alliance) - I can use them to buy B6 flight and still get AA credit. Though one issue is - my 35+ year old AAdvantage number seems to never work on the B6 website. Have to direct message tweet them to get their customer service to add it.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 1:07 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
You will earn million miler credit according to 5x your fare if you book the B6 code.

AA-operated flights booked with a B6* code are not eligible for upgrades.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 1:08 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
You will earn million miler credit according to 5x your fare if you book the B6 code.

AA-operated flights booked with a B6* code are not eligible for upgrades.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat
I would book the AA codeshare personally, since I have more flexibility using the trip credits on any AA flight in case I cancel the ticket. The opposite could be true depending on your home base and routes you generally fly, but I'm not as familiar with JetBlue's change and cancellation policies.
River in Sight likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:01 pm

Programs: AA - CK/Airpass
I have issues with B6 crediting to my B6 number instead of my AA number - even when the boarding pass clearly states AA FF. 🤷‍♂️
Old Dec 8, 2022, 5:53 am
Original Poster

I learned this the hard way -- make sure you are NOT logged into Jetblue's site as that definitely causes the b6 number to override the frequent flyer number you entered; JB has also advised me to use a different email address "just in case".

It seems to be basically impossible to fix this after the flight, but if you check what number the ticket was issued under call in advance of the flight, they can rebook it. And yes.... there are two different places where they store the frequent flyer number and the one on the ticket is not the one they actually use to credit.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 6:57 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
I learned this the hard way -- make sure you are NOT logged into Jetblue's site as that definitely causes the b6 number to override the frequent flyer number you entered; JB has also advised me to use a different email address "just in case".

It seems to be basically impossible to fix this after the flight, but if you check what number the ticket was issued under call in advance of the flight, they can rebook it. And yes.... there are two different places where they store the frequent flyer number and the one on the ticket is not the one they actually use to credit.
This happened to me also. I put in my AA number for a flight booked on B6 website on more than one occasion (including having a B6 agent do it), but at checkin it still overrode with my TrueBlue number. I was able to fix it after the fact but it took a while. I had to get B6 to reverse the credit, then request credit from AA, then appeal when AA said it had already been credited to another program. It took about a month but eventually was fixed. Since then I book the AA codeshare and haven't had the issue. You will get a B6 PNR so you can look up the itinerary and select seats on the B6 website.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 9:02 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
I know nothing about the miles or LP you earn, but IMO you are almost always better off booking on the site of the airline you are flying. It is a lot easier to deal with one airline and they can't pass the buck if something goes wrong.

Edit: I should clarify, I mean with all else being more or less equal.

Last edited by Cledaybuck; Dec 8, 2022 at 9:26 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.